Hotel Europa

Thomas-Mann-Strasse 7-9, Innenstadt, Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, 53111, Germany
Expedia.com Booking.com hotel.info

Ahr ValleyAhr Valley

B&B in bonn

by omran

Hi my vt friends :
can you help me to get cheap hotel
in bonn for 3 dayes and safe for my 2 sisters?

Re: B&B in bonn

by LarsLous

Hi,
when I was in Bonn, I was staying in the official Youthhostel. We even had one room as group together, the only thing you must do is a reservation in advance. Safety should also not be a problem here. (At least, we had no problems at all )

Have a nice trip. Lars

Re: Re: B&B in bonn

by el.mOe

safety is really not a problem !
I can also recommend to you staying in cologne as there is a lot more to see and visit then bonn from there! You can take the S-Train and its about 20min !

So far,

Morris

Travel Tips for Bonn

Cheeky bum

by Sjalen

Beneath the Kennedy Bridge, on the Bonn side, you will find Et Bröckemännchen. In plain German, that's the Brückemännchen and it is a peculiar sight. The Rhine had no crossing here between Roman days and the arrival of the Prussians. The latter started to build a bridge here in the 19th century but only the city of Bonn paid for it, not the town of Beuel on the opposite bank. Thus, the Bonn citizens created this little man, showing his bum to the Beuel people and still today, the two sides poke fun at each other for living "on the wrong side of the Rhine" and such.

Bonn university

by jo104

founded almost 200 years ago this large university is considered to be one of Europes most important establishments in higher learning and is home to 30,000 students with many international students.

There is a lovely park in front of the main building which we strolled through. The building is quite striking & at night it makes a good photo opportunity being all lit up

There are some 371 buildings belonging to the university throughout the city of Bonn.

City Hall

by Leipzig

The City Hall is perhaps the most common building of Bonn. It was built by Elector Clemens August in only one year in 1737/38. The impressive Rococo building dominates the market place.
The City Hall has been witness to some very important events. Theodor Heuss, the first Federal President, stepped in front of Bonn’s citizens the night he was elected on September 12, 1949. In 1962 both, Charles de Gaulle, the French President and one year later US President John F. Kennedy delivered an address here.

The briefest of visits.

by Steve-H

"Around Bonn in 80 minutes."

My 1st entry for 2009, another new city for me & I was there for less than 2 hours. I sometimes feel like a collector, just ticking off as many towns and cities as I can. During my New Year stay in Bruhl, about 15 minutes away by train, the Sylvester celebrations had left us a bit short of a few things, my hostess decided that a quick trip to Bonn to stock up was in order, this also meant a visit to the sales to grab a few bargains.
It was the briefest of visits and I only got to see the city centre, straight off the train and straight in to the department stores.
For the record, I stocked up on the deli items that I couldn't get back home and smuggled the lot back in my luggage.

A Grand Day Out!

by bonio

Just a day trip to see Bonn from Cologne, sad I don't have much information on this city but, this turned out to be one of our best days out ever! We'd seen the city centre and the river and being Sunday afternoon most places were fairly quiet until, heading back to the station I saw a poster advertising a Bierbourse with Manfred Manns Earthband playing too, guess where we spent the rest of the day?

www.bierboerse.com for this years dates - hope I can be there!

Comments