Roemerstrasse 99, Bornheim, North Rhine-Westphalia, 53332, Germany
Booking.com hotel.info eDreams

More about Bornheim

The 'cellar'The 'cellar'

Travel Tips for Bornheim

Plumbing & off-roading in Bornheim.

by Steve-H

"A bad day at work."

Bornheim is a semi-rural kind of place, it's 10km to the town centre from my friends house and that's exactly where we were heading one Sunday when things took a turn for the worse. Mud, deisel and rain conspired to take the unwary traveller and cast him into the nearest ditch.
I had been staying in nearby Bruhl but was 'invited' to sort out the plumbing in a friends house, it was empty and this was the perfect time so I loaded my little run-around and headed for Bornheim. During a break in the work we set off for town to get some food, well, to cut a long story short I ended up in a field. Fortunately, I'm well insured but it still cost me 150 euros to get it pulled out of the mud and then the Police charged me another 35 for the administration. The car was drivable and the 350 miles home were no trouble at all so it was all part of the colour of adventure and the hazards of travel, keep you wits about you and your cheque book close to hand, there are better ways to remember a place, photos etc, me? I have a handfull of reciepts.

"Along came a tow truck"

...and blow me if the sun didn't come out too.
I must tell you that everyone that came down the road stopped to see if I needed help, it would have been great to thank them all but I don't speak much German.
The tow truck arrived in less that 30 minutes, the car was drivable so I opted to get in on the road and drive it away, mainly because I had all my tools in the back. The police were cool too, I had to surrender my license and get my papers from my luggage which was in Bruhl at the time. We returned to the station at Bornheim, did the paperwork, my license was returned and no lectures were given, I must have looked sufficiently crestfallen.
So, if you have an accident in Germany, that's what you have to look forward to.

"Bornheim, flat and rural."

A nice place, not much there but watch out for the roads, slippery when wet!

Comments