Alemania Hotel

in Cologne
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Arts and Culture Festivals

Grabbing hands grab all they can

by written on September 23, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in July 2008 and now I’m trying to warn all the travellers, especially those from Russia. We got into trouble and were cheated by the hotel’s owner. The room we were put in wasn’t perfect. There were cigarettes burn-spots on the carpet and on the desk but we didn’t notice them because the housemaid had placed the towels on the desk and the ashtray was also there. Anyway it wasn’t very important to us because we were going to spend a little time at this hotel. The next day in our absence the maid took the ashtray away and then the hotel’s owner said that we had spoiled the room, burned holes in the carpet and spots on the desk. But we don’t smoke at all!!!
We were told that our room is non-smoking, so why there was an ashtray in it? After that the owner claimed to pay for all this damage and threatened us with the police, and our tour-operator promised us we would get problems with further German visa applications if we didn’t pay. We were very nervous because it’s not easy to get the German visa for Russians and we didn’t feel guilty. And we didn’t have enough time to consult a lawyer because we had our plane early in the morning. So we were forced to pay the huge fine. Then we met the other people from Russia and they said that the hotel’s owner claimed the money for the mythic damage from them too. So we want to warn all the travellers – this hotel cheats!!! They extort money from tourists by means of scare and false accusations. It’s a gangster business, really. Beware of the Alemania hotel and be careful!

Dirty

by written on August 5, 2008

It happened so that I was forced to stay at this hotel for several days. The hotels claims itself as ***, but it turned out to be quite the opposite. The room was dirty, with dust at the corners, stains from burning cigarettes on the carpet, spots at the walls and the door-post repaired with nails near the lock area, the furniture was old and worn-out, and you could find holes in the linen. The breakfast wasn’t great either – cold sandwiches
only and even no omelet! Very disgusting! I asked the hotel’s owner to give me another room, but he answered (very rudely, btw) that he couldn’t give me the better room for the money I paid for the one I had (more than 100 euro per day). You can live like this only in hostels and they are much cheaper, taking into account this hotel pretends to be ***. The hotels owner cares only for his benefit, I suppose and does not want to do anything to
provide his guest with minimal service. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone stay at this hotel

Dangerous location!

by written on July 30, 2008

I chose this hotel because of its close location to the Dom but I was really shocked when I checked in and went sightseeing. I was very scared of coming back although it was only 10 p.m. I had to pass through the long dark tunnel under the Hauptbahnhof and there were no other way to get to the hotel. After that there were a huge building site with some obscure people walking around. And there wasn't anybody at the reception after 10 p.m so it was a problem to get the key. The next evening I was robbed near the hotel. I had been lucky to leave my documents at the reception’s safe before but the most of my money was stolen. I could hardly recommend this hotel because of it’s strange location.

Directions: It's hard to find even with the map!

Nearby Alemania Hotel

Alemania Hotel

• Domizil Hotel Cologne

Address: Domstrasse 23-25, Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, 50668, Germany

5 Photos of Alemania Hotel

Cologne Travel Forum

Need advice about Cologne, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Cologne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cologne hotel reviews