Euro - Airport Hotel

Airport Business Hotel Koeln
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Cologne

Der Kölner PegelDer Kölner Pegel

Flying buttresses on the choirFlying buttresses on the choir

stained glassstained glass

The ease and the confusion...The ease and the confusion...

Coming for Carnival

by djhartmannn

Coming for Carnival & am looking at hotels.

But I want to plan as close to the parade routes.

Can someone help me with the parade schedule and routes?

I am also looking for the location of dance clubs

RE: Coming for Carnival

by civilian

1. i can not help you with hotels, but keep in mind that the carneval is a major tourist event and it will be very hard to get a bed in city centre. i am shure you can reach the parade easily with public transport, so a hotel not direct in city centre might be a alternative.

2.the schedule and route for the big rosenmontagsumzug: start is feb. 19 at 10.49 h. a.m.(eleven minutes bevore eleven o clock)
and here is a link to a map of the rute: http://www.koelnerkarneval.de/images/zuge/romo_07/Zugweg_2007.pdf

Travel Tips for Cologne

two timeless gems

by richiecdisc

We walked over to the cathedral and spent a good amount of time in its incredible interior. It was everything Doreen had hoped for and what I remembered but we had a busy day ahead of us so we headed to the next pub to sample another Kölsch. Despite the poor weather I suggested doing a walk over the bridge that spanned the Rhine to get a better perspective of the massive cathedral that must be seen from a distance to truly appreciate it. We enjoyed the walk even with the biting wind but once back in the old town I was back on the Kölsch hunt. A few places had changed since my first visit and many were not as impressive as the Fruh. One charming little place had since become an outlet for a new Kölsch and didn’t seem so welcoming, nor was the beer as good as the one I remembered. I noticed another outlet in my guide that was a fair walk from the center. We had seen pretty much what we could in a short winter’s day and since it was dark I suggested taking a walk to see what we could find. Doreen being more than a good sport begrudgingly agreed though it seemed to take forever to get there. When we entered the long narrow wooden affair I knew immediately we had hit pay dirt. We sat down amongst the locals and I basked in my discovery. I proved to myself that if you look hard enough you can still find exactly what you are looking for. I gazed over at Doreen. Not only had I found a great old pub that transported me to another time. I realized once again I had found the girl I had been searching for too. She was sitting right across from me.

Kammermusik im Kronleuchtersaal

by sabsi

Classical Concerts in the sewage of Cologne!!! I just saw this on telly, there are concerts at a crossroads of sewage canals. This place was opened by Kaiser Wilhelm so there's a chandelier there - thus the name!

People are really dressed up and they get mint to hold in front of their noses when it gets smelly. I have to find out more, I want to see this!!!! Does anybody know more details?

Reaching the Centre

by sandysmith

Ok from Cologne Bonn airport there are two main options of getting to the centre:
BUS: Take the number 170 from the bus station outside Terminal 2 to the central railway station (Hauptbahnhof). Buses run frequently (every 12 minutes during the day) from 5am to 11.30pm. The journey takes about 20 minutes. Tickets: €5,50.

TRAIN: Catch the S13 every 20 mins Mon-Fri from 5.23am-1.33am. Weekend services start at 5.33am then every 30 mins until 1.33am. Alternatively the R8 departs from 7.07am Mon-Fri and runs every hour until 21.07pm. The Saturday R8 departs from 7.08am every hour until 20.07pm and on Sundays from 10.07am-21.07pm.
Not sure what the cost is (much less than taxi anyway) as we had a pass for the day when we travelled back to the airport.

I'd opt for the S-bahn (the line to the airport was a new extension in summer 2004) it was really easy. and journey time was less than 15 minutes. The train station is right by the cathedral in Cologne and from the S-Bahn platform at the airport the escalator brings you right up into the departure lounge with just a very short walk to the check in desks. Simple and efficient - all airports should be like this.

Atacama in Ehrenfeld - have...

by aldizwerg

Atacama in Ehrenfeld - have south-american food in a modern restaurant located in a charming old industrial area.
It's not just another Mexican Restaurant you'll find anywhere (although they have enchiladas and stuff like this) but it covers a wider range of South-American quisine including traditional and experimental cooking. The cook visits your table usually, explaining and suggesting special offers. The prices are 'medium'. The restaurant is situated in a very old former industrial area in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. They have a daily changing menu with many South-American meals and very exotic and spicy menu items.

The Cathedral

by BarryG01

Saw the catherdral on Saturday evening, when it was floodlit.

Got a better view on Sunday, during the daytime.

Had a quick look inside, but as I haven't been baptised, I had to leave for fear of projectile vomiting ectoplasm!

Comments