Motel One Koln - West

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Max Planck Strasse 46, Koln-Junkersdorf, D-50858 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Motel One Koeln - West
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Cologne

Antikerturm, CologneAntikerturm, Cologne

Side view from the Hbf.Side view from the Hbf.

Displayed outside the museumDisplayed outside the museum

tourist officetourist office

Child friendly pubs

Hi everyone,

My wife and i have previously been to Cologne and loved it. For that reason we are going again this weekend, but taking the rest of the family with us. There will be 8 adults and 2 children going. Are there any child-friendly brauhouses that people are aware of where we will be able to go to for evening meals?
If not, are there any child-friendly places that people can recommend??

Vielen Dank!

by Permanente

I think that most of the major Breweries would have children's menu and would gladly accept children as guests, so don't worry about it. I did not understand whether you are also looking for the programme in Cologne for the kids, if yes, check the link

It is in German, but you can find all the attractions suitable for the kids, including boat tours, chocolate museum etc...

Hi Permanente,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i started off asking about pubs but then was after some more general info.
That website is great. I'd actually not considered the zoo before. We didn't go there last time, so it should be something new for everyone.

by chipsandcurry

Sounds like i'm talking to myself here but if anyone else is reading i've found a list of child friendly restaurants that carry the "Dining with children" label. This might be of interest to others. They can be found at the following site:

I'm glad to see that all the main brauhouses are on there!!

Also contains lists for other big german cities.

by chris.hh

I am not a specialist in Cologne at all... But here you find a list with recomendations from families for other parents. It is in German but I guess you can google many of the names. There are also some Brauhäuser mentioned. Also you find many other tips on this site.

Maybe also swimming would be great, too? Look at this site (I think my friend told me she loved it because of the sauna landscape...):
www.aqualand.de

Best Chris.

Travel Tips for Cologne

Claes Oldenburg strikes again!

by yooperprof

Pop up ages well, I think, at least it does when it's executed by a master like Oldenburg. Here in Cologne he's dropped one of his trademark oversized objects - a large ice cream cone - on the corner entrance of the Neumarkt Galerie shopping center.

Pacing Yourself

by BarryG01

In Koln it's the custom that as soon as you finish your beer, they whip away the empty glass and give you another full one. Now don't get too excited, it's not for free, you have to pay for it, I guess they just don't like to see a man with an empty glass.

What's the problem?????

I am in a deep state of shock!

by sabsi about Local Hero RIP

I am in a deep state of shock. I found out that this bar which was my favourite doesn't exist anymore. I'll keep this tip here as a memory of my favourite bar in Cologne: An unusual sports bar called Local Hero!

Have you ever wanted to have a drink in a place that looks like your old school gym during a gymnastics course? Go to 'Local Hero', the interieur design and furniture is really funny and unique! One day I will borrow the idea and open my own bar like this ;)

The best coffee in town

by ricky52 about ZEITCAFE

Just the most perfect place to sit and chill.
Watch the world go by and enjoy a superb cup of coffee, tea or a Kolsch. As it is only a small cafe it only serves drinks and small pastries, but still worth the visit.

Schokoladen Museum (Lindt)

by smirnofforiginal

The museum teaches everything about chocolate - from the bean to the packet! From the Mayan's to the Lindt factory. It's educational but not boring. There is a mini tropical rainforest to walk through to see some coacoa beans growing - I thought they had possibly cranked the heating a bit too high but it was nice.

After exploring the museum you'll arrive at the live-production factory tour and will get to see the chocolate being made & you'll get to have a taste too - A tad on the stingy side when it came to the tasting. My children were a little disappointed at the lack of tasting availability - but they did enjoy the museum/factory as a whole.

Was good fun.
There's also a shop (obviously) and there are some interesting things to be had.

Comments