Hotel Postkutsche

Postkutschenstr. 20, Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, 44287, Germany

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Dortmund

my friend's beermy friend's beer

view from outsideview from outside

inside Berswordthalleinside Berswordthalle

Vapiano entranceVapiano entrance

Place to stay in the summer

by yasmapaz

Hi!! I am planning to go to Dortmund for 2 to 3 weeks douring summer from May 25, 2006. I will like to stay near the Universitat, do you have any place recomendation, maybe an aparment rental or hotel, hostal, b&b?? Thanks!!!

RE: Place to stay in the summer

by RhineRoll

The Tryp Hotel is very close to the Campus, their usual single room price is around 60 €, but sometimes they offer quite reasonable rates. For dorm accommodation, asking the University might be a good idea.

The Youth Hostel is located in the city center which is about 3-5 km from the Uni. However, there should be excellent public transport, so I wouldn't worry that much about distance.
It can be found through this portal site:

Make sure there is a cood public transport connection from where you're staying though. And avoid Dortmund's northern and very eastern parts of town. These are quite far away and also not very nice in general. The southern parts are very nice, some even have retained their village-like charakter.

by yasmapaz

Ohh thanks a lot, I have saw TRYP Hotel and I am considering it. You have told me a good idea, so I will write the university to see if they offer dorm rentals. I am traveling with my dad so I do not know if the youth hostel will be a good idea. Thanks for your recommendations! :)

by RhineRoll

You are very welcome! BTW, I am in Dortmund tomorrow, for playing basketball. Shall I ask the folks there if they know and can recommend private accommodation?

For hotel accommodation, you might also wanna try these booking services

-- they should have English pages

by yasmapaz

Hi! Yes of course thanks a lot! :) I have wrote the university, the student council for acommodation in the dorms, lets see what they replay. I will be in Dortmund around may 26 for two weeks.I welcome any reccomendation or suggestion. Thanks and have a great game!!

by RhineRoll

Grrrrrrr, sorry, I didn't really ask the Dortmund folks... it was a close game and when it was over, the atmosphere was quite hostile so we just got out of there...

by yasmapaz

AHAH do not worry :). I wrote the university and they replay. They do not offer dorm rentals for the time I am satying it seems they rent but for longer stays. So now I wrote to the tourist council of Dortmund(http://www.dortmund-tourismus.de ) to see if they help me find a place. Thank you very much and if you hear of some place please let me know.
Thanks Thanks :)

Travel Tips for Dortmund

GYROS AND ...

by RitchiS1 about MEDITERRANOS

TODAY WE TRIED THE GREEK IN DORTMUND OESPEL . I LOVE EATING GYROS . SO I VE ORDERED THE " GRILLTELLER " . THE MEAT VE BEEN GOOD AND THE ATMOSPHERE ALSO . IF YOU STAY IN DORTMUND NEAR THIS GREEK RESTAURANT AND LOVE GREEK KIND MEALS THEN CHOICE THIS ONE .

Part of a 10-Day Road trip

by eddilowe

"Dortmund"

We never actually stayed in Dortmund but passed through it a number of times over the weekend we were in and around the area.

The tips on this page are for the Mohne and Sorpe Dams which aren't too far from Dortmund (this was the nearest town to list by). If you were staying in Dortmund it would make a nice day trip out of the City. Also listed here is the campsite on the banks of the Mohnesee.

Comments