Aleksandra Hotel

Kaiserswerther Strasse 265, (Frm. Hotel Leonhard), Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia 40470, Germany
Aleksandra Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Düsseldorf

Duesseldorf International AirportDuesseldorf International Airport

"Frietjes and more" business card"Frietjes and more" business card

Neuer Zollhof, DusseldorfNeuer Zollhof, Dusseldorf

harbour viewharbour view

Night in dusseldorf

by mtlman

I heard that nightlife is great in dusseldorf with all pubs but I would like to know if there are a lot of places open during the night (24h), like cafes or restaurants. I will be in dusseldorf in the end of may on my way to frankfurt from hamburg. I'm planning to visit the city late at night beacause I will take an overnight train.Any suggestions on some places or any neighboroods to visit during the night.

Re: Night in dusseldorf

by German-Guy-in-Dublin

Go for the "Düsseldorfer Altstadt". You will find it all there. Loads of bars, discos and restaurants. There is always something going on there. Take the subway or a bus to "Heinrich-Heine-Allee" and you are there! Good luck!

Travel Tips for Düsseldorf

Radschläger

by sabsi

The symbol of Düsseldorf is the "Radschläger" (somebody who turns a wheel(?). In summer there is a Radschläger tournament along the Kö and I realised today that there is another tradition.

We sat in a bar and kids came up to us saying they were "Düsseldorfer Radschläger" and they turned a wheel for us and we gave them money. Kinda cute (if you see it the first time, ask me what I think about it again in a year ;)

On the pic you can see the Radschlägerbrunnen (Fountain) which you will find in the old town

80s Party at its best

by sabsi about ZAKK

Every third Friday of the month there is an 80s party at Zakk, a nighclub/concert venue not far from Düsseldorf's main station. It's great fun. We went here last Friday around 10 pm and didn't stop dancing until half past four in the morning. Drinks are pub prices, not nightclub prices, e.g. an Alt is 2€. "You take my self you take my self control...." People are soooo different here it really doesn't matter. Bouncers let everybody in.

That simple stir-fry done right.

by SwanCarlos about Mongo's

OK if you know Mongolian style of Stir-Frying vegetables with choice meat all on a hot flat griddle then you KNOW MONGO's, but what I found refreshing - I have even recently been to a place in Atlanta that does the same thing with Woks though - is the freshness and variety of the ingredients you can choose from. I created a dish from a wonderful mixture of two sauces (Red Pepper/Garlic and Red Curry) with several of my favorite greens and savories but finished off with Ostrich meat and a meat as yet defined called Kudu.

Fast service and a ground floor location in what has to be my favorite building in all of Duesseldorf, this place simply rocks. Look up above, but also order the "Fast Lunch". It was well over enough for any hunger.

Nordpark

by dhina

As its name, it is located on the north part of Duesseldorf. At first I thought that it's just another park that Duesseldorf has...but when I visited it, the park is quite special. It is well maintained park and it has Aqua zoo and Japanese garden in its area. I find that it is a beautiful park where we can have a relaxing time to walk or just simply sit and have a good time there..

Go on top of the 'Rheinturm'

by sabsi

Go on top of the 'Rheinturm' (Rhine Tower)
On a normal clear day you can see Cologne cathedral and all the other cities close to Düsseldorf from here. You also get a good view of the media port area, the rhine, the old town, the airport and all Düsseldorf from here!

The tower is 234 metres high but you "only" get to around 170 metres, there's a bistro and a restaurant up there and you can walk down to an outside view area where you will be able to feel the wind up there!

Comments