Best Western Parkhotel Oberhausen

1. Entrance to the film museum1. Entrance to the film museum

The falconeerThe falconeer

Die Schalenbrunnen FountainDie Schalenbrunnen Fountain

Carschhaus, DusseldorfCarschhaus, Dusseldorf

How to get from Köln/Bonn Flughafen to Düsseldorf Hbf?

by baumfinger

Hello, people!!
My plane arrives to Köln/Bonn Flughafen, and i need to get to Düsseldorf the very same day..
Could anyone send a tip about the easier way to get from Köln/Bonn airport, to Düsseldorf Hbf?!?!
I´d be very thankful, if someone could also send a tip about the transportation tickets, that i should buy, as i´m going to live the whole July in Düsseldorf..

Hoping of your soon answers,
thanks in advance!!

dusan

by mccalpin

In terms of getting from the Köln/Bonn Flughafen to Düsseldorf HBF, the train seems easy enough. There are many solutions, most of which connect in Köln but some of which are direct.

Go to www.bahn.de and enter Köln/Bonn Flughafen for the starting point and Düsseldorf as the ending point, along with your date and time. If your trip is more than 60 days out, I would just enter a date next week that is the same day of the week as the day you want to travel.

The trip takes 38 minutes to an hour, depending on which train(s) you take. The fare appears to be something like 12.50 to 18.00 euro.

There are others who know far more about the passes in the German rail system, so I will let them answer...and hopefully this wil apply even to your initial trip to Düsseldorf...

Bill

by huwe

Dusseldorf is part of the linked transport system "VRR". Ticket range and prices:

by abalada

DB timetable
From: CGN
To: D

For connections with regional trains the VRS/VRR tariff applies. Thus for these connections the DB timetable won't show prices. Single trip is EUR 9,30. This is a zone to zone ticket. You can travel on it to any train/tram/bus stop in Düsseldorf.

Travel Tips for Düsseldorf

Drink Altbier.

by richiecdisc

There’s nothing like having money to burn. I arrived in Dusseldorf from Bamberg with a pocket full of deutsch marks and one night to spend them in. VTer Kai was waiting at the train station to whisk me off to his Mom’s place so I had no worries about finding a room or navigating the big city streets. This was going to be easy. Or so I thought. I got a tour of the fire hall where he works and then after dropping the car off at Mom’s, we took the tram into town. I had been there a few years earlier but it was another one nightstand attempting to try all the altbiers in town. We did a little walk around but the weather was awful and the brewpubs were calling. I couldn’t spend money on the street, right? We went for lunch at yes you guessed it, a brewpub with wonderful local foods and great altbier to wash it down. I paid, explaining that these marks would be worthless once the Euro came in. Besides, he had picked me up at the station and was putting me up. We then went from one brewpub to the next, I believe there were four, and drank countless beers. The best was Uerige, where the beer waiters also came through with fresh local snacks for sale. I found out that the Dusseldorfers make pretzels that would put Bavaria to shame. We asked a few local guys to snap our photo and could not help but take one of them as well. It’s a great bustling place with no pretence whatsoever. I just loved it and the beer and food as well. Stuffed but still looking to try some more beers and food, we ventured back for a late night snack at yet another brewpub. Kai smartly ordered something small but I went for this massive plate. It was fried potatoes with veggies under a slab of leberkäse, topped with a fried egg. As good as it was, I couldn’t eat it all. Still,somehow on the way to the tram, I wanted some ice cream so we stopped in McDonald’s. We got back to his Mom’s and I promptly passed out. It was late and I had spent three days in three major beer cities in a row. Plzen, Bamberg and now, Dusseldorf. I would be up early the next morning and on a train to Holland. I had a date with the Grolsch Brewery. As hard as I had tried, I still hadn’t spent all my deutsch marks.

Oberkassel

by DanielF

The opposite bank has traditionally been the residence place for the wealthy people in Düsseldorf. There is not much to see in its elegant streets but from here you can see a different perspective of the Old town.

The Welcome Card

by antistar

For as little as 9 euros you can get 24 hours of free transport in the city, along with large discounts (sometimes even free entry) to the main attractions. Because I slept a large part of my first day in the city, and because I didn't find the transport system all that useful or easy to use, I don't think I got my money's worth out of it. However, if you organise yourself and do some fairly hardcore sightseeing, you will easily make the purchase worthwhile. The best part of the deal, apart from the free city transport, is the free entry to the Rhine Tower (a must see) and the half price entry to the K20 and K21 art museums. Just visiting those three sites would pay for the 24 hour ticket alone.

You can buy the WelcomeCard from the Dusseldorf Tourist information offices, many of the hotels and cultural institutes and also the manned sales points of the Rheinbahn public transport system. When you get the card just fill in your name on the back and the time you want it to start. Unlike ordinary travel tickets you don't need to validate it, and you are unlikely to ever have to show it.

Price: 9, 14 and 19 euros for 24, 48 and 72 hours respectively. Double the price for the "group ticket", which covers three adults, or two adults and two children (up to 14).

Call: +49 (0)211 17 202-854

Great breakfasts

by sabsi about Ab der Fisch

A popular bar which serves excellent breakfasts (almost) all day. This place is always busy, in the morning, during the day and especially at night.

They have an excellent menu for lunch and dinner here which changes daily. Vanilla Quark with fresh fruit or "Parmesan Ei" (Bread with rocket, fried eggs and slices of parmesan).

Market square and Jan-Wellem Monument

by Leipzig

In front of the town hall is the knight's statue of Johann Wilhelm II of Pfalz-Neuburg (1679-1716). The monument is simply known in Düsseldorf as "Jan Wellem". The prince actually had the statue erected himself in 1711.

Comments