Hotel Duesseldorf Mitte

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
BillNJ's Profile Photo

Reasonable price, but somewhat disappointing

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 31, 2008

In May 2008, I stayed a total of two nights in the Hotel Düsseldorf Mitte. I booked my room through Expedia and paid in advance. For a hotel located in central Düsseldorf, the price was very reasonable. In fact, I paid less for this hotel than any other on my trip.

On the plus side, this hotel was within reasonable walking distance from the Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (central train station) -- and it was easy to locate. Inside, the room was fairly large, clean, and well-maintained. Perhaps most importantly, the hotel provides each guest with a card that allows free public transportation throughout Düsseldorf and much of the surrounding Rhine/Ruhr area.

On the negative side, though, the service here was somewhat unprofessional. When I arrived, the young woman told me abruptly that it was not yet check-in time -- and that my room wasn't ready. Upon my request, they were willing to let me store my bags behind the front desk. Nevertheless, I perceived her tone of voice as less than completely welcoming.

When I later checked in, I was told for the first time that breakfast was not included because I booked through Expedia. Instead, I would have to pay extra if I wanted it. Neither Expedia nor the hotel advised me of this condition beforehand. Because of this last-minute notice, I chose not to eat breakfast at the hotel on either day of my stay.

Also, when I checked-out of the hotel, I asked a staff member for train information -- and the reply was that I should ask someone at the information desk in the train station. In my experience, good hotels will usually help provide their guests with transportation advice and directions.

With regard to the hotel and room furnishings, I think this hotel tries a little too hard to be fashionable and hip. I guess the stylish theme is in line with Düsseldorf's image as a center of fashion and advertising. For my taste, this attempt to be stylish was somewhat annoying. Others, though, may find it more to their liking.

For me, the hotel's most disappointing aspect was its location. While centrally located to the Hauptbahnhof (central train station), it was a bit of a walk to the Altstadt section of the city. If I ever return to Düsseldorf, I would seek accomodation closer to the Altstadt and Rhine River even if the cost is a little higher.

Directions: City center

Wenasje's Profile Photo

Great location, average accommodation

by written on March 19, 2003

You need to pay attention when looking for this hotel, because it is quite easy to miss. That is what happened to us when we tried to find it while driving trough the busy streets of Düsseldorf City Centre. This hotel used to be part of the Mercure chain of hotels, but that has changed and now there's no distinct sign on the hotel anymore. Unless you want to count the big, fabric banner with the hotel's name that is hung outside.

Anyway, as for the accommation, it is nothing special. It's an average city hotel with average rooms but it is all nice and clean and you can get a good nights sleep. However, the price-quality ratio isn't very much in line with this.

Unique Quality: Well, the hotel has some unique features. (I wouldn't want to call it 'qualities').
The interior decorator of the hotel had some peculiar taste!
Our room looked like it was decorated with furniture that was bought from a Chinese restaurant. It had those typica dark dinner table chairs with the high backs and matching side tables...
Another room was a lot different: it looked like a teenage room from the mid 1980's with groovy minty green closets and desks. Think Miami-Vice....

Directions: The hotel is located in the centre of Düsseldorf, between the Königsalle and the central railway station.

Nearby Hotel Duesseldorf Mitte

Hotel Duesseldorf Mitte

• Duesseldorf Mitte Hotel
  • Duesseldorf Mitte D�sseldorf

Address: Graf-Adolf-Strasse 60, Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, 40210, Germany

3 Photos of Hotel Duesseldorf Mitte

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Düsseldorf Travel Forum

Need advice about Düsseldorf, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Düsseldorf and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Düsseldorf hotel reviews

Medienhafen (Media Port)
Traffic
How to get in and out , Dusseldorf
Transportation
best fries. street food. very cool. :)
Girardet Brucke
St Lambertus Basilica
Carlsplatz food market
Landeshaupstadt Duesseldorf and Palais Spee
Things to Do
A little of what once was........
Things to Do
A little 'Baroque' gem.....
Things to Do
Lovely building housing an important art museum