Sporthotel Gefrather Hof

Booking.com Expedia.com hotel.info

Satisfaction Average

More about Düsseldorf

torn downtorn down

backside of the main wingbackside of the main wing

Its Düsseldorf, isnt it?Its Düsseldorf, isnt it?

Löffelbar, Düsseldorf, GermanyLöffelbar, Düsseldorf, Germany

Nightlife

by eriks33

Visiting Dusseldorf on Sep. 29th and 30th and planning to visit some nightclub. Which one could you suggest? We like mixed styles of music and like cosy, nice and well attended places.
If we compare nightlife in Dusseldorf and Cologne which of them has more active nightlife?

Thank You!!!

Re: Nightlife

by johannasofia

I don't personally like Cologne so much but I think the clubs over there are more of the typical discostyle clubs. In Dusseldorf there is a lot of rocknroll and if you like that you should stay here. In the Alt Stadt (old city) my favourite dance club is the "Pretty Vacant" They play anything from James Brown to the Strokes & the White Stripes. But its all good and not to much mainstream.
There is also another more pure rockclub called the Stones club its on Ratingen Strasse. Its allright but I would chose Pretty Vacant at any time over that at any time. There is also a very cool 50ies bar called the Quetche on Kurze Str. They make lovely Mojitos and even have a little dancefloor. The music is great ; blues, swing, fifities, sometime the sneak in something more modern. Its great. If you like jazz I would also recommend Dr.Jazz on Flingern Str. Its a grat oldschool jazz bar. I hope this helps you. Cheers, Jo

Travel Tips for Düsseldorf

Sunshine finally

by sabsi

The day I went to Düsseldorf to find a flat was the first day I was there when it was sunny. And suddenly I fell in love with the city... I think it'll be great to live there. If they don't kick me out because I say positive things about Cologne ;-)))

What is Sevens?

by matjung about Saturn

Sevens is the name of a small shopping mall in Königsallee 56.
At the lower ground floor there is a food court which caters for Fish, Italian, Indian and Chinese Taste. There are also toilet facilities there.

At the time the below pic was take, a fahion show took place. People usually would go there for Saturn.
Saturns is a discount store and offers a selection of Computers, Electronics, Music. Digital Camera with Battery Charger and 1 GB memory card for 160 EUR. (Olympus FE 180).
Hope it was a bargain.

Great German Food and Schlösser Altbier

by BillNJ about Zum Hirschchen

Before I visited Germany, I told VTer Sabs that I loved German food. Remembering this, Sabs and Thomas took me to Zum Hirschchen while I was in Düsseldorf. In addition to serving great German food, Zum Hirschchen is the main pub of the Schlösser brewery -- one of the best Altbier varieties in the city.

In the States, almost all German restaurants serve spaetzle and red cabbage. VTer Thomas (seppoman), who is originally from Munich, told me that these foods are more common in the south of Germany. In my travels throughout Land Nordrhein-Westfalen, Zum Hirschchen was the only restaurant in which I enjoyed delicious spaetzle and red cabbage. I had them with pig's knuckle that had already been taken off the bone served in a delicious brown sauce.

After dinner, I enjoyed a German bitter liqueur.

I really enjoyed this restaurant! It served the best traditional German food during my entire trip. Highly recommended!

Relax on the Rhine

by LIsaanne

There are plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants to choose from that line the Rhine. Anyone would be perfect for a summer day beer of coffee. This one has a moroccan theme. I can't remember the name of the bar (as usual) but you can smoke water pipes with flavoured tobacco there. Yummy!

Mammoth Monument

by sandysmith

The Stadterhebungs commemorates the Battle of Worringen in 1288. On August 14th 1288 the sovereign, Count Adolf V von Berg, granted the village on the banks of the D?ssel the right to call itself a city. Prior to that a bloody power struggle between the powerful Archbishop of Cologne and the Berg nobility had taken place, culminating in this battle. The detail in this art work is amazing as it tells the story of Dusseldorf and my camera was clicking away on it ;-)
I'll put more pics in a travelogue below if you'd like to see more detail of this fascinating sculpture.

Comments