Hotel am Stadion

Alter Rhein RaddampferAlter Rhein Raddampfer

Pirate Captures FishermanPirate Captures Fisherman

First Officer - MichaelFirst Officer - Michael

Travel Tips for Duisburg

If you go to the Landschaftspark at night...

by sabsi

A tripod and a camera that can take better night pictures than mine ;-) I had a tripod but it wasn't much use as my camera couldn't do what I wanted it to do... maybe I should re-read the manual ;-) A flash light! Some bits of the park are really dark at night so it's easier to walk and to find your way if you have one. We didn't have one, it would have been too scary if I had been on my own!!!!!!!!!!!

Port of Duisburg

by Bigs

On a sunny weather I can recommend a cruise through the biggest inland port of the world. The ships are starting at the Schwanentor and a round trip lasts about two hours....teh tour follows some canals throught the port and you also cruise on the Rhine for a while.

You can also take a one way trip and come back with a tram.... The signs at the port aren´t clear really, but don´t worry about it.

The roundtrip costs 8 €uros.

This orange wall is a monument for all the industrial work that this area is well known for. It shows a glowing iron piece.......a so called "Bemme".

Duisburg North Park

by pakistanibrain

"Action filled day in Duisburg North Park"

It's really amazing to see what you can make out of an old steel mill that is out of operation. In Duisburg they decided that rather than tearing it down, they would build a park around it and include some fun activities using the old facilities around that.

I found that a very good idea.

Duisburg .... more industrial culture!

by sabsi

17. November 2002:

Before I moved to Düsseldorf I'd only been to Duisburg to watch rowing competitions. It was nice always but I never saw much of the city.

Today, however, I found a great spot in Duisburg - the "Landschaftspark Nord". I spent many hours there this afternoon. And I took more than 130 pictures...

Apart from being the grounds of an old ironworks this park offers many kinds of entertainment. Gasworks were turned into a scuba diving tank and old walls of the factory were turned into a freeclimbung park. Like this picture says: Das Ruhrgebiet lebt (Ruhr area is still alive) ...even though its factories have died!

Comments