Hotel Bredeney

Theodor-Althoff Strasse 5, (formerly Scandic Essen), Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, 45133, Germany

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• davido7236's Profile Photo

Hotel in Essen

I stayed for a couple of nights in July and in August 2008. The public spaces are spacious and the buffet breakfast was very good - lots of different cereals, meats and cheeses and the service was quite good. Generally the restuarant staff kept an eye on everything but stay out of your face, and the reception staff were quite subdued. I turned up very late, at about 11.30pm which was fine by them - reception is 24hr and there is a large car park at the front, all on one level, protected by a barrier from which you have to take a ticket then pay at a machine (about 5 euro) on exit. which had quite a few spaces left. The hotel is in a fairly green suburb of houses and low-rise offices (Buropark Bredeney) and has about 200 rooms or so. Area was quite dark after nightfall.
    I would recommend it although the rooms were a bit small, no tea or coffee, and the furniture and fittings looked a bit dated. I had no bath - just a shower. They have movie channels which you can pay for, and a bar which I didn't use. It was also easy to get to by car, being just off the motorway A52.
    I would recommend it, but it was fairly basic, not a luxury hotel. Essen hosts a lot of business fairs and it can get busy at those times I believe. Cost was 124 euro (about USD$85) which included breakfast and a one night parking charge.

Unique Quality: Easy to get to. Nice green quiet suburb with little traffic and good breakfast. Parking quite good.

Directions: Suburb of Bredeney near Hatzper Strasse. Just off motorway A52 junction exit Essen Bredeney, turn right at Hatzper Strasse after 100 metres then turn left into Theodor Althoff Str. It's near the business park - Buropark Bredeney.

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

Business oriented hotel close to Lake Baldeney

I stayed at the Hotel Bredeney during a conference in Essen. It's a nice place with all the usual facilities that you need as a business traveller, ie Internet access, phone, Fax, etc.

One very positive quality about this hotel is, that they do arrange for early breakfast, ie before 6.30 AM, if you want it. That was the case with me, because I was staying there during the month of Ramadan and was therefore fasting during the day. They did arrange for my breakfast to be ready at 5.30 AM.

Since the bill was taken care of by the company, I don't know their room rates.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Scandic Essen

As coming form Scandinavia I am used to use those Scandic hotels, I get usually very good service for price and also collecting more miles on my flight operator. However, I did not use this hotel myself, but I would surely use it if needed.

Comments