Cafe Hotel Altstadt-Post

Laufenstrasse 40, Monschau, North Rhine-Westphalia, 52156, Germany

Satisfaction Poor

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Hotel in Monschau (2)

Apart from those comment ,the hotel building itself is chraming ,lobby and restaurant decorated with many antique stuffs ,like utensils and many old time camera,..very interesting.I like them all.Actually I can say this is kind of mini- museum,if anybody are interested in antique,try to visit them ,they also have indoor and outdoor cafe and restaurant.The hotel situated right above the river ,water run under the hotel as you can see from the first piture.The room on second floor in the corner was my room (number 20) It's right by the road but no need to worried about any noise ,at night it was very quiet and just open window to get nice and cool air with beautiful sound of river running under hotel.Second pic is interior at lobby and restaurant,breakfast serve here too.Breakfast was very good indeed,it's buffet breakfast,with some cornflake ,milk,3kinds of ham and salami,parma ham(don't know this was from Parma or not but I myself call this type of ham "parma ham") that I love it.Some sliced cheese and few bread that so delicious and croissant,tea and coffee and orang juice.Lets say..the room was not worth but breakfast make it worth.I didn't try any main meal but they always have customer stopping by ,both indoor and outdoor sitting by the river

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Hotel in Monschau (1)

I arrived Monschau without booking any hotel but have some name on my list (mostly a cheap one).I walked along the main road of town.There are not many hotels in this town so if arriving in high season like christmas season ,it's better to book the room in advance.The first hotel I walked past was Hotel Alt Montjoie ,it looks nice ,with indoor and outdoor cafe and restaurant.I asked to see the room ,it's double room with toilet ,very neat and clean,price 80 euro per night.I still consider expensive for me so I walked on,asked few hotels along the way,they asked me if I had booked the room cuz now all full,but I didn't book any.Finally I got the one north of town."Cafe hotel Altstadt post" ,they said only 1 room left and cost 78 euro with breakfast,so I took it cuz look like the last choice ,because after this is almost out of town ,even there are 2 more hotels little futher which is Carat hotel and Hubertusklause hotel but this time I prefer the one closer to center.The hotel is an old and charming building,the room itself aslo very old,the floor was not quite horizontal but a little bit decline.Toilet ,toilet towl,wardrobe,television ...old.Only 1 thing new is.. bed,..ok....at least 1 thing.. I try to think that this is historical buildinging so this should be ok.
    Anyway ,according to european standard hotel,this hotel should do something better than this,I didn't mean that they should destory the building but renovate room inside like any other old hotel in same town do,otherwise they should not charged 78 euro ,it should be cheaper.

Comments