Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Munster

Münster, Friedenssaal, portrait W. RipperdaMünster, Friedenssaal, portrait W. Ripperda

Saint Christopher, Münster DomSaint Christopher, Münster Dom

Storm Kyrill was here!Storm Kyrill was here!

Münster, statue next to the river AaMünster, statue next to the river Aa

Public Transport Help

by kez2040

Hi I'm travelling to Dusseldorf Weeze Airport on Sunday 2nd March. Can anyone tell me how to get to Munster from the Airport by public transport and approximate cost please?

Re: Public Transport Help

by Elena77

You could take the airport shuttle bus from Weeze airport to the Weeze (town) for 2,10 €uros and then take a train from Weeze to Münster. For more info on the airport shuttle:

And on the train connections:

You could get a Schöner Tag ticket for the train trip which will cost 33,00 €uros (valid for up to 5 people) or a Schöner Tag Single ticket for 23,50 €uros.

Regards,
Elena

Re: Public Transport Help

by Kathrin_E

I guess you want the city of Münster/Muenster in Westphalia and not the small town of Munster, North of Hannover. Observe the correct spelling when booking train tickets, otherwise there might be a surprise.

Travel Tips for Munster

A Castle You Should Not Miss!

by breezydallas

Burg Vischering is an old and very well perserved castle just south of Munster. It is complete with a moat and a drawbridge! It has a museum in what used to be the stables and adults as well as kids will certainly enjoy this one!

It was built in 1270 and is furnished with furniture pieces from those eras.

TIP: I have added all of my photos from that burg but I wish I had taken more. Take lots of photos here or you might wish you had taken more too! *smile*

Münster or Munster? That was the question.

by richiecdisc

I should know better. I am married to a German. But for some reason, when I went to build my Münster page last year I stupidly typed in Munster. I know well enough to type in Muenster but I didn't. When VT came up with a Munster in that exact state of Germany where Münster was, I figured there could only be one. I later realized there were in fact two: a Münster and a Munster. Anyway, the page sat in the wrong location on VT for over a year and I have now moved it over to its rightful place. One thing I could not move over were the nice comments from friends so to preserve them I keep this page intact. But to read about my real trip, head over to Münster.

The rural 'backwaters' ...

by Durfun

"Idyllic Country"

We arrived here when making our way to Hannover (from Cologne).

It's a lovely rural area, and we stopped by my friend's sister's farm.

Her farm is huge, they have so many animals; even their farmhouse is enormous.

The only trouble is there were quite a few flies there, I guess it comes with the territory!

"The hunter's den..."

My friend's Dad was in the Army (forced recruit) during World War II. He was driving a tank.. that's SERIOUS equipment.

He also had a hobby of shooting wild birds and animals, and then stuffing them as trophies....

"The country houses ..."

It may look 'backward', ie not fast-paced cosmopolitan, but don't underestimate the interiors and TECHNOLOGY.

These guys have HUGE solar panels to make use of natural sunlight, thus reducing the reliance on fossil fuels!

Talk about being environmentally friendly!!

maykal's new Munster Page

by maykal

This is Munster but with a Yemeni slant! I went to Munster to visit my teacher who taught me Arabic in Yemen, and through him I met the entire Yemeni population of Munster, and a good proportion of all Munster's Arabs and Turks. For me, this was great! I arrived in Germany with no German except "Zieh deine Wampe ein!", so it was good to spend 4 days talking non-stop in Arabic...not what most people go to Germany for!!
As I said on my Cologne page, again the emphasis was on visiting friends not touring the town, which in some ways was a bit of a shame, because what little I saw of Munster seemed to be very nice. It has to be pointed out though, that my Yemeni friends and I had different opinions about sight-seeing.....I would have been happy to have visited the churches and walked around the beautiful old town, but my Yemeni guides prefered to show me the cemetery and the department stores. On one occasion, we came across an African market (it was Afrikafest or something similar), but did we look round it?...NO, we went to the department store to marvel at the escalators (there are no escalators in Yemen, so I guess I can see where they were coming from).
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 days in Munster, and I couldn't have had better hosts. However, I did feel very guilty....I had only just met most of them on arrival in Munster, but they wouldn't let me pay for anything, refusing point blank any attempts made by me to pay the bill, even though they found Germany to be prohibitively expensive.

For those like me who do not know any German, "Zieh deine Wampe ein!" means something like "Put your belly in!" which may or may not be a useful phrase, depending on your point of view. At first, I was told it meant "Hello. How are you?" but I quickly worked that one out!

To see what I missed, visit the city tourist office.

Comments