Mercure Hotel Munster City

Engelstrasse 39, (formerly Dorint), Muenster, North Rhine-Westphalia, 48143, Germany
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Munster

Thomas is inspired by Pinkus Müller and hot waxThomas is inspired by Pinkus Müller and hot wax

Astronomical clock, Münster DomAstronomical clock, Münster Dom

Stift Tilbeck, naive paintingStift Tilbeck, naive painting

Havixbeck, Haus HavixbeckHavixbeck, Haus Havixbeck

Travel Tips for Munster

An explanation of this page...

by maykal

For a tourist, there is probably quite a lot to see in Munster. For a start, there is the Schloss (castle..now part of the university) the cathedral and other churches in the old town, Prinzipalmarkt, and the Aasee (a huge recreational lake close to the centre of town.
I don't think I could have been labelled a tourist, though, because a tourist has to visit the main sights of a place and learn about the history and culture...I only learnt more about Yemeni culture, and limited my sightseeing to a very brief look at the old town and a pedalo trip on the lake. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't find historical facts and detailed descriptions on this page.

Teutogurger Wald, to the north...

by bean

Teutogurger Wald, to the north east of Muenster. You can take a combination of train and bus to arrive in Tecklenburg, a lovely small city on the ridge in between the forest. The ruins of a castle overview the city center which is on sheer alignment of nice wooden houses. We went for some autumn leaves.. and we got some. Even though it was raining, this was a perfect trip in the forests around the city.

A short time in Münster - rain, sun, 13° celsius!

by King_Golo

Having been to Münster (spelt with u umlaut in German, not like the Munster family on TV) only for one afternoon, I cannot tell you much about this city. I've heard that it's supposed to be a very convenient place to study and by what I've seen, I guess that this is true! I arrived after a 2-hours traffic jam in the middle of a rainstorm, but fortunately the rain stopped as soon as I entered the old town (and started again, as soon as I left it!). So I had a short walk through the streets, checked out some churches and houses (mostly from the outside) and went back to the car to go on to the wedding of a friend of mine... So much about my Münster experiences! Maybe you ought to check some other pages before you go there!

TheUpsetter's Münster

by TheUpsetter

Beer - Pinkus Beers! There's a beer garden across from what looked like an arena under construction. I'll see if'n I can get details, but they served a mighty good .5 litre of Pinkus!

Gleis 22 is a cafe during the day (at which you can access the internet) and a live music club three or four nights a week. The staff is cool. It's about three or four blocks from the train station.

I'll see what else I can come up with later.

Dom and Friedenssaal

by egonwegh

Domplatz and the magnificent long facade of the Münster Dom. Statue of Saint Christopher, patron of safe travel, holding a real tree in his hand.

Another statue of a female saint, Münster Dom.

Astronomical clock of the Münster Dom - it provides detailed information about the phases of the moon, the position of the planets &c.

Every day at noon, the clock will strike and a small group of statues appears to pay tribute to the Madonna and the child Jesus seated above the clockface. We caught a glimpse of the Three Magi moving along ...

"Friedenssaal" of the Münster Rathaus, commemoration of the Peace of Münster that ended the Eighty Years' War between the Dutch provinces and Spain.

The ceiling of the Friedenssaal with portrait gallery.

A portrait of one of the representatives of the Dutch provinces to the Treaty of Münster: Mr. Willem Ripperda, who represented Jennie's province, Overijssel ("D. Gvilielmvs Riperda [i.e. Ripperda] Transisalaniae Plenipo.")

Comments