Windthorst

Windthorst
Booking.com Travelocity hotel.info

More about Munster

The UniversityThe University

Astronomical clock, Münster Dom, the statuesAstronomical clock, Münster Dom, the statues

Stift Tilbeck, the Chapel (interior)Stift Tilbeck, the Chapel (interior)

Schloss HülshoffSchloss Hülshoff

Travel Tips for Munster

if you come in summer (which...

by Alineko

if you come in summer (which can in fact be quite nice in Münster!) then check out the Channel, it's a nice place for sunbathing, swimming (strictly forbidden, but who cares..., barbecues and partying.
If you're not into hanging around on a blanket, then you might want to have a nice icecold Radler on the lovely terrace of the 'Luf', overlooking the harbour. Especially at sunset it's sooo romantic!

Münster Page

by egonwegh

Münster - a picture of the Überwasserkirche, across the river Aa, as seen from the Domplatz. We were here for our wedding anniversary - 12 1/2 years, to be precise! - from 7 to 10 March 2007. I really must try and find out whether 12 1/2 years is celebrated elsewhere in the world besides the Netherlands...

We toured the countryside on foot at Dörenthe south of Ibbenbüren, on a rented bike around Tilbeck and Havixbeck west of Münster, and we went to Castle Nordkirchen by car.

6 Days In Wonderful Munster

by RamSter

Well....Munster, my first taste of Germany, and it went down like good red wine. :-)
Munster is a lovely town, with some fabulous architecture and history, the town dates back to the 16th century or so, and the settings of the town are truely astonishing, with enchanting palaces and greenery, Munster was a place that stayed in my heart, it is also where i began the car Journey to Netherlands.
Im sure you will like Munster too, its a charming one.

Saturday Market in Munster

by cpiers47

I was amazed at the beautiful fruits, vegetables and flowers that filled the main square on a rainy Saturday morning. Because I was flying home, my only purchases were gifts for my hosts. But, I found myself wishing I was there long enough to try some of the beautiful white asparagus piled high in the stalls, or could take home some of the local honey for my tea.

We'd picked and eaten green gooseberries when I was young, but I never thought they were appreciated as a culinary staple. Here, I saw both green and ripe gooseberries and even sampled them in a wedding cake. It was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten.

Perhaps only a VTer would look at this stack of veggies and be unable to resist a picture. I thought they were incredibly beautiful.

This purveyor of olives and other Mediterranean staples was one of the most popular booths at the market.

Comments