Hotel Manu

Satisfaction Average

More about Paderborn

Burning PaderbornBurning Paderborn

Pader SpringsPader Springs

Jesuitenkirche, vault of the naveJesuitenkirche, vault of the nave

Gaukirche, St Udalricus statueGaukirche, St Udalricus statue

Travel Tips for Paderborn

Adam und Eva Haus

by himalia11

This is one of the oldest half-timbered house of Paderborn. It was build around 1560. There are lots of carvings, one tells about Adam and Eve and that's where the name of the house comes from.

Inside is the City Museum of Paderborn where you get to know the history of Paderborn from the foundation by Charlemagne until the reconstruction of the city after World War II. Also, there are information about known characters of Paderborn. If you like old houses and are interested in the history of Paderborn, you should visit this museum!

No admission.
Open daily 10:00 – 18:00 except Monday.

Adam and Eve House

by Kathrin_E

World War II bombs spared one single block of old Paderborn, North of the Dom behind the Pader springs, in Hathumarstraße and Auf den Dielen. This is the only street in town where you can still see a row of half-timbered houses.

The prettiest house of them all ist the so-called Adam and Eve House. The woodcarvings on the gable are full of pictures: the story of Adam and Eve, the symbols of the Evangelists, virtues and other figures among plant and fan ornaments. The house hosts the town's historical museum.

Your Tour Guide Explains the City

by Russell_the_Wombat

Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Russell and I am your tour guide today. I will introduce the city of Paderborn to you. To save us a lot of walking we are using this handy model of the old town for our tour. The model shows all the interesting buildings, all the rest is not important anyway.

This building here that I am leaning on is one of Paderbon's oldest churches, the so-called Abdinghofkirche.
On my left-paw side you see a high steeple of the cathedral. This is the church of the bishop of Paderborn, a veeery catholic place. In front of it we see a modern building that looks ugly in the model and even uglier in reality, this is the episcopal museum where the treasures of the cathedral and the diocese are to be seen.

When we make our way further down the street we reach a crossing with a fountain. The statue on the fountain depicts Saint Liborius, the local saint.

Turning right, we reach another big building with a tower. This used to be the Jesuite university.

The Jesuite university is on my left-paw side now. Attached to it we have another church, the one with the big baroque gable. This si - surprise surprise - the former Jesuite church.

On my right-paw side we see the city hall of Paderborn. The fountain in front of it has water for the thirsty. However, if you want a better drink, I recommend visiting the Ratskeller in the basement of the city hall where you will be watered, beered and fed to your liking. And this is where we end our tour.

Comments