Hotel Am Markt

Hotel am Markt
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

Last minute booking

Since I booked this trip at quite short notice, the only hotel on offer at hotel.de was this one, which at 60 Euros for a single room I found somewhat overpriced, but otherwise it was all right.

Another website I often use, hrs.de, had nothing at all to offer in Bacharach.

Actually I would have preferred to stay at the Kranenturm, which is where the other visiting VirtualTourist members were staying, but I called up the Kranenturm and they said they had no vacancies.

I think if I were going to stay in Bacharach again I would first check the website bacharach.de, since they seem to have a wider range of inexpensive accommodation in Bacharach and vicinity.

One advantage of the Hotel Restaurant Café am Markt is that it is not directly next to the railroad tracks, so I didn't hear any trains during the night. (Also I didn't hear anybody snoring in the next room, as some other reviewers have said.)

Directions: GPS 50° 3'37.62" North; 7°46'5.56" East

• Excellent Accomodations

My wife and I just returned from our European trip and Bacharach was one of our stop-offs. As the old adage goes, location, location, location. It's ideally situated in the city centre. The room was large, bedding, and overall cleanness of the room were top drawer. The bathroom was ideally sized (no cramming into a small spaced shower like London or Paris). Breakfasts were tasty and staff were very courteous.

As an aside, after viewing others' posts concerning lack of a lift (elevator) and/or air conditioning, it must be said that as a traveler, you are no longer at home with these types of amenities. The whole purpose of a holiday is to escape from your everyday norm and experience something OUTSIDE of your comfort zone. The only reason I can see for needing a lift/elevator is due to a physical impairment, but that can be easily rectified by simply staying in a ground room floor or researching another hotel that can offer such an accomodation.

Unique Quality: Room size for two people was perfect. Traditional German breakfasts were filling. Quaint view of city centre from our room. Noise level from nearby train was hardly noticeable.

Comments