Hotel Petronella

bikeontheroof's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel on the Park

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2011

It has been a couple of years since I have stayed at this location, but I feel compelled to mention this hotel and this town.

Stay on the park side of the hotel if you can. These rooms offer a balcony overlooking the park. If I can use the term (typical German) to describe the hotel and room I really mean modern, clean, comfortable and reasonable. The breakfast will not be disappointing either.

My wife and I always enjoyed the town with its many places to eat and the thermal pool in the park.

To me this is one of the best area's of Germany. My father was in the American army during WW II and fought through this area. He often mentioned the castles and villages of the Southern German Wine Road to the family. The higher forested hills with the many castles in the area, dropping down to the lower rolling hills with miles of grape vines makes this a destination for wine, food, history buffs and sports minded people.

Take time to explore some of the little villages along the route. There are lots of tourist in the area in the summer as this is a destination for the German Tourist.

Directions: The hotel is located on the west or forested side of the town and is on the main road and not hard to find.

Nearby Hotel Petronella

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Bad Bergzabern Travel Forum

Need advice about Bad Bergzabern, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Bad Bergzabern and ask our Answer Gurus.

Bad Bergzabern Travel Guide