Hotel Roseninsel

Salinenstra�Ÿe 145 - 147, Bad Kreuznach, 55543,

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Bad Kreuznach

From the Rotenfels over the Nahe and EbernburgFrom the Rotenfels over the Nahe and Ebernburg

Bad Kreuznach, I love this house :-)Bad Kreuznach, I love this house :-)

Italy? Alberobello? No, Flonheim trullo :-)Italy? Alberobello? No, Flonheim trullo :-)

Schirmbar, delicious FlammkuchenSchirmbar, delicious Flammkuchen

Travel Tips for Bad Kreuznach

Talk to someone who knows ...

by Jerelis

I guess we all agree on this on; there is nothing more exciting than going travelling - exploring another country, experiencing a different culture, travelling around in new ways, sampling the local cuisine and chatting to the local people for a different perspective on life.However during our travels we learned that there is one certain thing that you should be aware of and prepared for to make sure that the trip is as easy and enjoyable as possible. We always try to see everything once we're there, but this is not always an act of responsible travelling. We always talk to the locals and we know that they have the information about just the right spots to visit and how to undertake them. It will not only enhance your experiences but also avoid any unnecessary hassles. For us the travel tips we have written in this section made the most of our travel experience and we came home in the same happy, healthy state that we left.

Italy and some more legends and stories

by Trekki

I can only highly recommend not only to visit the two spa towns while in the region, but also to spend some time exploring the region itself. The part of Rheinland Pfalz east of Bad Kreuznach is being called Rheinhessische Schweiz (= Switzerland of Rheinhessen) and it is a very lovely landscape with rolling hills and fields, enchanting little valleys, meadows and forests – perfect for hiking and bicycling. And, it is here where several strange structures can be found in the vineyards: trulli (photos 1-3). Yes, you have read properly, these are trulli, similar structures like the famous ones in Alberobello, , Puglia, Italy (UNESCO heritage). They were built in 18th century and it is said that it were in fact workers from Puglia who came here to work in the quarries nearby, who built these houses as their storage and meeting points. Today several of these trulli are dotted in the landscape around Flonheim, west of Alzey. The one I have in my photos is located next to Geistermühle (“ghost mill”), west of Flonheim, a winery and old mill, which offers wine tours and also sells wine. I will definitely visit this one during my next trips.

We found another special sight while we continued on our way to Bad Kreuznach: a lovely tower also inmidst the vineyards (photos 4 and 5). It is called Ajax Turm and goes with a lovely legend: a vintner was in love with the daughter of the local mill owner and always met her here, together with his trustful dog Ajax. But this love wasn’t meant to be, the daughter had to marry another miller and so the vintner had this tower built in memory of his dog Ajax. There is a statue on top of the tower (photo 4).

I didn’t take any photos of the landscape (the disadvantage of tarevlling by car, because inside the little valleys was no place to stop for a while), but for a good idea of how it looks like, look at the website with photos of this amazing landscape around Flonheim.

The website below is in German only, unfortunately :-(

49°47’19,91’’N; 07°55’46,20’’E

Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking

by Trekki

"I will be back :-)"

Bad Kreuznach is one of the three famous spa towns along Nahe river. It was very famous in the past, already since Roman days, but it regained reputation over the last years, mainly because the city officials really take care about the city and what they offer to the health treatment seeking visitors and travellers alike.

I was here quite often as a kid, and also remember to have had one of these “kiddies must go through hell before they learn” experiences when I was eating too much ice cream in a hot summer and afterwards….. caught a sunstroke at the top of the castle ruin in nearby bad Münster am Stein during a school trip. But only recently I have decided that it is time to revisit and I was amazed how beautiful the city and region is. Nearby “Rheinhessische Schweiz” offers unlimited hiking in lovely dreamy valleys in forests or through vineyards. Bad Kreuznach and nearby Bad Münster am Stein are famous for any kind of spa treatment and healthy air with the many salt graduation towers, in fact the biggest and longest ones in Europe.
It was fun to visit, even if I was only there for three hours. But I will come back, because I cannot wait to cycle along Nahe river and to hike around in these lovely set vinyards. And of course hike up to that castle and laugh in memeory of my childhood “incident”

Thank you Christine(j) for reminding me that Bad Kreuznach helds the so-called "Rheinland Pfalz Tag" July 3-5, this year. This is a special annual festaival of state Rheinland Pfalz which is being held in another city each year. It was initiated in 1984 and is meant to bring all different regions within the state together, where the organising city is displaying its regional specialities in terms of art, habits, local customs and of course food.

More about this day in general and in special:
Rheinland Pfalz Tag in (German) Wikipedia,
Rheinland Pfalz Tag - 2009 in Bad Kreuznach

All pictures have been taken by myself, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.