Baumholder Hotels

• The_Cricket profile photo The_Cricket
  • Reviews: 1

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Westrich: Not the Best, Not the Worst

I suppose I'll start with the positives first.
The hotel is affordable, with rooms starting at just 59 euro a night.
The rooms include wireless internet, which is fantastic. And the connection was probably one of the best that I've had since we've been here, which is saying a lot.
The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and polite, and the breakfast was great. I think the best part of it was that they asked us when we thought we'd be down for breakfast, and had our table already set up for us with fresh food there waiting. Of course, it was simple German fare, with bread, meat, cheese, butter, jam, and a hard-boiled egg, but it was still quite filling.
The staff also speaks excellent English, though they were modest and didn't think so, which non-German speaking guests will appreciate, I'm sure.
The Bistro, which is the restaurant inside the hotel, has some of the most excellent food in Baumholder. Their cordon bleu and croquettes are excellent, as are their pizza, beer, baguettes, and schnitzel.
Now the negatives. The room we stayed in was tiny. Most of the room was taken up by the bed, and there was barely enough room to move around it. The bathroom was so small that a person could almost use the toilet, sink, and shower at the same time... and no, I'm not exaggerating. The shower was so small, it was hard to bend over to wash the lower half of my body. Plus the hotel is located near two bars, and it was pretty loud at night.
Overall though, it wasn't horrible, and if a person really needs a fairly comfortable and affordable place to stay in Baumholder, the Westrich fits the bill, as long as a person doesn't need a lot of space in their room.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 19, 2010
Tip Photo

• MPAcosta profile photo MPAcosta
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Berghof: Baumholder's Best Hotel

Clean, comfortable rooms, well heated, great cleaning crew. The breakfast buffet is very good in the morning, they will even fix you poached eggs and are so nice! The evening meal is by order, and was all delicious, and served by very friendly staff. We so enjoyed our stay.

Wireless connection, very helpful and kind staff. On the morning we had to leave at 6 a.m. for the airport, the staff came in one full hour early to set up the breakfast buffet for us. I was so touched. This was way above and beyond duty. They are the best hotel I have ever stayed in. In the heart of the city, within a short walking distance of the stores, post office, eating places and of course site seeing.

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Business Travel
  • Written February 27, 2010
Tip Photo

Hotel Berghof room key

• maroonwings profile photo maroonwings
  • Reviews: 6

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Landhotel Ullrich: Pretty Good Breakfast

Staying in a decent sized room with two beds and a nice shower. I had a view of the town, including a rather large inflatable Ronald McDonald who has since vanished. Some of the rooms are larger, some are smaller, but all of the rooms I saw (about 4) were of decent size and well kept. There are comfortable chairs, good reading light, and the towels are thin but replaced daily. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, the coffee is OK, and there is a parking lot associated with the hotel. It does have cable internet in all the rooms we had, I don't know if that applies to the whole place, but it makes the stay rather nicer.

I would say that the weirdest thing is that the front desk staff (?the owners) always look somber and even as though they are in pain, even when being somewhat friendly. There is this buffet which sometimes occurs at lunch and sometimes at dinner at wildly unpredictable intervals. I suspect that when the army does not have a large number of visitors (which is why I'm here now), this hotel is pretty empty.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 19, 2009

• peaches_4_life_1982 profile photo peaches_4_life_1982
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Landhotel-Ullrich: Horrible hotel

This hotel was horrible from the start. The room was tiny and they didn't give us a full size bed like we had booked. The staff was not friendly at all. The head cleaning lady is the rudest person I have ever met. We had no choice to stay there since all the other hotel were booked or I would have left. We were warned not to stay there but thought we would be ok since we are pretty laid back people and we didn't want to stay at a hotel out of town. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Written May 21, 2007

• ppgbc profile photo ppgbc
  • Reviews: 2

Various: Hotel List and Contact Info

I'm posting this list because I've been asked many times what hotels are in town. This is the best way to answer it.

"Hotel Berghof"