3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Im Wenigerbachtal 8-25, Bendorf, Rhineland-Palatinate, 56170, Germany
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Bendorf-Sayn

Chapel in the palaceChapel in the palace

Sayn PalaceSayn Palace

Sayn castleSayn castle

Sayn castleSayn castle

Travel Tips for Bendorf-Sayn

Butterflies and castles

by himalia11

Sayn is a district of the town Bendorf which is situated between Koblenz and Neuwied, close to the Rhein river. There’s a nice Butterfly Garden and a palace and a ruined castle (with falcony show) that can be visited. It’s a nice place, we enjoyed our day trip to Sayn.

We're in Sayn (there's a pun waiting to happen!)

by JAFA-Rease

"Garten der Schmetterlinge Schloss Sayn"

My daughter loves butterflies. So, on her 3rd birthday I found and took her to a butterfly garden in Sayn, Germany.

You can find general directions on in the "tips" section of this page.

It's only about an hour from where I live, assuming you aren't driving through a major snowstorm, as we were. It's also well worth the visit!

"Things to see in the garden"

It was our first time to a butterfly garden. As such, we didn't know what to expect. I, for one was pretty impressed.

The garden held not only hundreds of butterflies of different (and very colorful) species. It held various tropical birds, fish and fish ponds, turtles, exotic foliage and flowers, water fountains, waterfalls, iguanas (up to 6 foot long) and side displays of hatching butterflies.

"Our arrival couldn't have been planned better..."

I picked up my daughter in time for her nap. She was still asleep when we arrived. So, I carried her, asleep, into the butterfly garden.

I must make a note on here on the help in the garden. The elder German lady who took our money to enter was exceptional! Not only was she perceptive enough to notice that I was travelling alone with a toddler, but she also personally escorted us into the butterfly garden and charged us lower rates for showing in the afternoon.

She guided us to a private bench, while I woke my daughter (Silene). When Silene woke, she was a bit disoriented. She quickly recognized the butterflies though! Exclamations of "daddy, look, butterflies" and "daddy, look, birds" made the trip more than fulfilling!

Sayn has other things to offer, like a castle. I've seen enough castles. If you are in Germany and want to take a child to a warm environment that will expose them to new and exciting things, this is the place to go.

Silene's 3rd Birthday

by JAFA-Rease

"I wish I could see her 4th birthday too!"

Silene had a great b-day. Though it was only the two of us, she saw many new things. See the "Sayn Butterfly Garden" for details.

"She loves Teletubbies!"

The morning after visiting the butterfly garden I had some surprises lined up for Silene. My family (primarily my father and mother) helped a great deal.

"Cool Presents"

I had a difficult time getting a good picture of Silene opening presents. She can be very focused on tasks at hand (gee, I wonder where she got that from...)

I consider this to be a good thing for the future.

Silene seems to like the "classics"....

She also loves new coloring books!

No birthday is complete without a gift from daddy...

Not unlike many children, she just couldn't wait to get to the present!

"We did it!"

Turns out Silene loves "playdoh". What a surprise ; ) We spent quite a few hours at the playdoh table.

Next year will be a bit more challenging.

Comments