Pension Eckerskorn

Bergstrasse 72, Cochem, Rhineland-Palatinate, 56812, Germany
Pension Eckerskorn
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Cochem

A cottage viewed from the castle windowA cottage viewed from the castle window

Cochem, Alte TorschänkeCochem, Alte Torschänke

CochemCochem

Reichsburg CochemReichsburg Cochem

Travel Tips for Cochem

a clever design for a lock

by globetrott

Most of the locks in the castle of Cochem have a clever design and in order to see the details, it will be the best to enlarge my picture.
At first you get the feeling, that it is just a nice design, but in fact you may see a bended decoration around the place, where you have to put in the key.
This decoration was made that way in order to "catch" the key even when you cannot find the hole , so you just hold the key to the big lock and move it left or right, until you feel that decoration and then you just have to move the key down, and it will be led directely into the key-hole...
A clever way to find the right place on a corridor with bad light or even when you are drunk :-)

The Kapuziner stairs

by ATLC

We climbed to Kapuzinerberg (see Things to do Tips) from Endertstrasse and we came down the Kapuzinertreppe (stairs) on the other side. The sun was shining and you could feel the warmth of the stones. Halfway a man was busy with a broom. He commented that autumn was early this year. Many leaves had already fallen. We wished each other 'Schönen Tag'.

Driving through the lovely Mosel Valley

by sim1

Okay, I got a amazingly cheap flight to Hahn, which is located not far from the Mosel-Valley. Hmmmm.... but how to get around there for not too much money..... So we started to surf around for a good deal on a rental car and we found a great one! We used 'Sixti Car Hire' where you can hire a car (a 'Smart') as cheap as 5 euro a day! You have to read the fine print though, as there are quite a few things you have to pay attention to. But this can be a very cheap option if you don't need the car for a long distance and travel off-season. You can read more details about this care hire in my transportation tips.

the noble frog on the mantelpiece

by globetrott

This is another great and interesting livingroom inside the Reichsburg Cochem. The most precious part is certainly the great mantelpiece with beautiful relief-works and when you click on my picture you may see a small sculpture on each side of the mantelpiece.
It is the same kind of frog that is sitting in front of the castle, watching over the Mosel-valley.

View from the balcony

by sim1

Well... This is not a view from a window, hahaha, so I guess I didn't break my promise, lol. I just loved the view from the castle, especially on this beautifully sunny day. The balcony wasn't so big, and was towering high above the Valley. Eeks, don’t look down through the cracks in the wood on the floor!!! That is a BIG gap down! Hahaha, I guess I have to confess that I am not such a hero concerning heights, lol :-))

Comments