Lautertaler Hof

Muehlstrasse 31, KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany, 67657, D
Hotel Barth
Priceline.com hotel.info Booking.com

More about Kaiserslautern

3. Entrance to the free bicycle parking facility3. Entrance to the free bicycle parking facility

2. Inside the VHS2. Inside the VHS

2. Theater from across the street2. Theater from across the street

Collegiate ChurchCollegiate Church

coming for a visit

by kylereddin

I am going to k-town for a few weeks starting next weekend and I was wondering what there is to do there when I'm not working. Please help me, I don't want to be bored.

Re: coming for a visit

by christine.j

Hi, check www.kaiserslautern.de for what's going on in the town. Click on the British flag for an English version.
Outside of Kaiserslautern:Great hiking paths,good train connections to Saarbruecken/ France ,also Mannheim/Heidelberg/Frankfurt.
By car: not too far from Trier/ Luxemburg, or Karlsruhe/Black Forest.
There's enough to do to avoid boredom.
Christine

Travel Tips for Kaiserslautern

Jewish remembrance

by Kid-A

This is a remembrance to the Kaiserslautern Jewish Synagogue that was destroyed by the Nazi government in 1938. It is a very cool thing to stop and look at. On all sides of the site, you can look into viewing goggles and see what the building looked like.

Town of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in 1153

by Maria250

Am an early riser. Scent and colors of each day's dawn are very dear to me. A sky with "color of lemon, mango, peach.. a quartz-clear dawn inch by bright inch that gilds all over" can't be beaten...then the sun rises out of the blue drench, and with this sun's first gold appearing in the sky, it's a new day!! Any thing better than that? The most breath taking sunrises I experienced have happened in TN and NC. So since I favor sunrises I haven't much recognize any sunsets until...

"Kaiserslautern in the distance"

...I drove on A6 into the glow of K-town's twilight. "Great nature has another thing to do..a shaking that keeps me steady. I should know what falls away is always. And is near. So I take the road and learn by going where to go."

"Kaiserslautern at the intersection.."

....of important traffic routes. The town's center is lovely with many coffeeshops and very nice (and vived) pedestrians' streets. In the town's center also lies the Early-Gothic Stiftskirche (13th century). This three towered church has a memorial for the German theologian and Reformation leader Martin Luther (1483) and the French born Swiss religious reformer John Calvin (1509), commemorating the union of the two Protestant denominations (1818).

Welcome to KAISERSLAUTERN

by Leipzig

I visited Kaiserslautern by coincidence. During my stay in the army we had one operation in Baumholder. One day our lieutenant had order to go to Kaiserslautern to pick up a packet at the local post office. I had to go with him to guard the car while he is in the post office. So I haven't seen a lot and I didn't take photos.
The only thing that has kept in my mind is the stadium which can be seen from the autobahn.

South-West Palatinate

by africanee

"Map"

To give you an idea where I spend my time regularly, please have a look at this map.
Ludwigswinkel is almost at the bottom of the map.
It´s only a 10 to 15 minutes walk to France, through a wonderful forest.

"Simply nature"

"Teufelstisch"

This place is called the Devil´s Table

"Teufelstisch"

Do you want to take a rest???

"another one"

This map shows you a bit of the surrounding area of Ludwigswinkel or the "Dahner Felsenland" (= Dahn Cliff country).
There are many many old ruined castels to visit.
And many beautiful long walks.

"Rendezvouz between Alsace and the Palatinate"

Idyllic scenery and forests as far as the eye can see and towering red sandstone cliffs are the trademark of the Northern Vosges and the Wasgau, one of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe.

"Ludwigswinkel"

This is "our" little village.

"Ludwigswinkel"

This lake is located in the middle of the village.
But there are more lakes around this village.
A perfect chill-out place.

"Lake"

"The forest"

The forest of Palatinate is the biggest one in Germany.
It´s surface is 180.000 hectare.
In formeer times it was mostly an oak and beech forest, but during the last 150 years it has changed to a mixed forest. (mainly pine and fir)

"In the middle of the forest"

Comments