Engelstrasse 8, Trier, Rhineland-Palatinate, 54292, Germany

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Friendly and comfortable

I was greeted by a very helpful young lady and made to feel welcome from the first minute. The hotel has not long been renovated, so everything is clean and new. At 65 euro per night for a single (incl. breakfast) I was very happy. The location is excellent as it is about 250 meters from the Porta Nigra.

The room wa a good size for a single, with an excellent bathroom. A big plus as usual, was the 2 English speaking TV channels.

Unique Quality: The owners were very helpful when I lost my phone even though they charged me an arm and a leg to make a five minute phone call to Australia to put a stop on my phone. It was well worth the money however, for the care and concern they showed me in my dilemma. They remember everybody's name and greet you by name when you come down to breakfast. I would recommend this hotel very highly.

Directions: Pass the Porta Nigra on your left and it is the next street on your right. The hotel is about 80 meters along on the right.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Casa Chiara

Casa Chiara is a pleasant, clean, nicely decorated, quiet hotel run by a very friendly and helpful team of staff. It's in a great location, just around the corner from the Porta Nigra on the edge of the old centre, and just an easy ten minute walk from the station straight up Theodor Heuss Allee. The breakfast is good for a buffet, and included in the price, and it offers pretty decent facilities, including a wireless internet connection for only 3 euros a night.

The only negative was that I found the facilities in the room to be just meeting acceptable standards, rather than excelling. The TV worked, but broken buttons on the remote forced me to have to stand up and change channel manually. There was only a tiniest bar of soap for the toiletries. Most annoyingly, the odd internet connection set-up wouldn't work with my PC. It has to be said they were really kind and helpful, sitting with me for an hour trying to get it working, and even lending me their own laptop when they couldn't. But still it wouldn't work because the distance from my room out the back was too far!

Minor stuff, and it is a great hotel, but I expect a little extra for the 40-50% more I paid here than for similar hotels in Munich and major tourist cities.

Directions: Walk straight out of the station and walk in a straight line up the tree lined Theodor Heuss Allee. Take a right after the Mercure Hotel down Engelstrasse. It's very shortly on your right.

Comments