Trier Hotels

Our Members Say

• iaint profile photo iaint
  • Reviews: 1431

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arcadia Hotel Trier: good!

The conference hotel (or one of them). Not what I usually do, but it’s right next door to the venue. Saves messing around to get there in the morning.

I have a huge room. Comfortable, quiet & clean. OK, a bit of traffic noise if I leave the window open but the traffic dies away in the late evening.

I had dinner in the hotel last night - didn’t want to go exploring a new place in the dark. Very good food and service, plus not expensive.

Breakfast was excellent this morning - the usual buffet. I tried to eat about 8, but the restaurant was very full. When I came back at 9 the tour groups had gone. Peace & quiet.

Location as far as I'm concerned. Good staff too.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Study Abroad, Business Travel
  • Written September 19, 2012

the front

• Turska profile photo Turska
  • Reviews: 749

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gasthaus..: very strange place

We found this from Trier-travelguide we got from tourist-info near Porte Negra.
It was cheapest hotel near centre,only 65e per night.When we went there,we needed to call the owner,who came to open the door,and looked like taken some drugs..The rooms were very new and clean,so we stayed.They had restaurant at groundfloor,and gig beergarden.Over the gate was written biergarden..Something(sorry,I lost the card).For our surprice the biergarden was full of people when we came back to hotel after 21 at night,and people were eating.I wounldn´t cause I had walked throught the kitchen..Maybe we´ve eaten in similar places,we just hadn´t seen those kitchens.
At morning,when we went to breakfast,there was a coupple eating inside and SMOKING!!!!Discusting!We took our plates and went to eat out in wet garden.Owner seemd surpriced that we went there,and I said:I won´t eat at smoke!
Oh:one more thing:At night they tried to come to our room!!I don´t know who it was,we didn´t open.

Unique qualities?I think the hole place was little too unique..We started to think,if it was some place of drug-people.Maybe not,but I wont go again.Luckily the rooms were o.k.Alltough I´ve never seen so uneven floor.We put pencil to floor and looked how fast it rolled over the floor! :D

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 13, 2009

• jhorsfield30 profile photo jhorsfield30
  • Reviews: 248

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilles Hostel Trier: Nice location, good crowd and nice host

Found this hostel after a bus ride from frankfurt Hahn airport(nowhere near Frankfurt - lying Ryanair).. Anyway, even in the dark, the directions from the website were spot on, and arrangements were made for a late night arrival,
I had booked a private room, and was given a excellent sized room all to myself, as a single person, with ensuite facilities.. And great views of the palm tree in the garden and night views of Trier from the windows.
Great stay and ideally placed with a nice laid back vibe.. Would recommend

Location, price, free tea/coffee, cute cat, TV room and piano, area out the back for relax.
Nice views from the top floor.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 2, 2009
Tip Photo

• gypsyT. profile photo gypsyT.
  • Reviews: 26

Accommodations Listing 2009

The first brochure for 2009 has arrived: the accommo-dations list for the entire region in and around Trier. Hotels, guest houses, private rooms, holiday apartments,or youth accommodations – you have a wide range tochoose from.
Order 2009 accommodations list:
accommodations online:

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 9, 2006

• ger4444 profile photo ger4444
  • Reviews: 1035

Hotel Weinhaus Haag: cheap and good

Its a nice place to stay, not too expensive and near the towns center. It has good service, friendly staff and a good breakfast buffet.

there is no casino in the hotel, which is a bit of a turn-off

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written March 14, 2006
Tip Photo

• leplaya profile photo leplaya
  • Reviews: 290

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilles Hostel: Nice hostel near train station

This hostel is in a quiet street less than 1 km away from the train station. It is more than a basic hostel with private rooms with full bathrooms available. The owner lives at the same place and is very accomadating. We arrived at near midnight and she had no problem with it. For a hostel, it is a very quiet place with a central kitchen area.

Quiet, large rooms, inexpensive and in the center of everything.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 10, 2006

• bonio profile photo bonio
  • Reviews: 2482

Weinhaus Haag: Weinhaus Haag

A strange one this, very limited reception hours 16:00 to 18:00 it seems and never did find the Weinhaus.
Rooms pleasant and comfortable with a simple but adequate breakfast in the morning.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 19, 2005

• drei3t profile photo drei3t
  • Reviews: 101

Hilles Hostel: Hilles Hostel

This is a fairly small hostel in Trier center kept by Hille. Price per person per night is the cheapest you can find, starting from 15 euros.

The rooms were a bit armylike in the 4-bed-room. The beds kept terrible noise when someone moved during the night (I woke up averagely 8 times per night). The 2-bed-room had better beds. There weren't any luxury in the rooms, just the beds.

Service was good, although sergeant Hille made us to sort our litter when we already had horrible rush to the airport.:)

There is a kitchen downstairs; you can make your own food here.

Remember that using sleeping bags is not allowed (because of bug danger). You have to use the sheets provided by the house.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written February 14, 2005

Hilles Hostel

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 5797

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cheapest Place to spend the night....

One night while in Trier, I parked my car in a parking garage. Little did I know they close and lock the gates at 0200 and don't reopen until 0600 or 0700. At about 0300, we went to get our car and were locked out. We looked around town for a cafe, bar, or any place to hang out until morning and were without much luck...

...Until we found the heated bank Automated Teller Machine booth near the walkplatz. We ended up sleeping here until the garage opened in the morning... The floor was hard and there were no bathrooms, but it beat freezing on the street!

This is at best a 1/4 star accommodation; I would not recommend it!

• Written June 22, 2004

• gypsyT. profile photo gypsyT.
  • Reviews: 26

Hilles Hostel: Trier's 1st hostel!

contact person is: Hildegard Neu
prices from 14 to 27 €
every room with warm shower and new bunk beds, washing machine, dryer, communal kitchen
checkin until 16:00 h
checkout from 11:00 h
very tolerante,friendly, familiar atmosphere, clean and cosy, Hildegard helps if you need any advice, no matter what it is.
Anything else, info's, prices and further links on her homepage, mentioned above...

• Written August 30, 2002

• CliffClaven profile photo CliffClaven
  • Reviews: 609

Hotel Porta Nigra

Old Cliffie is a sucker for rooms with a view, and if you are going to stay in Trier you may as well look out at the symbol of the city, the Porta Nigra. The Hotel Porta Nigra - well, they couldn't really call it anything else, could they? - is part of the German Dorint chain and offers more than comfortable accommodation at about 150 dollars a night. Make sure you get a room looking towards the Roman gate.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average