Petrisberg

Rank 4 of 49 hotels
in Trier
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
Trekki's Profile Photo

Hotel Petrisberg, nothing can beat the location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2012

In July 2012 I had a late afternoon appointment in Trier and was looking for a place to stay overnight nearby. My contact person recommended Hotel Petriberg because it was close. When I looked it up in the internet I was very pleased about the location – high above the city with marvellous views.

I liked my stay, although I didn’t have a room facing Trier and the valley, but on the opposite side, facing the surrounding forest. But then, I desperately needed rest and looking at the forest gave me peace. The room was very clean and simple, somehow I thought that time must have stood still in this hotel. But then... I didn’t mind, my bed was excellent (not too soft but hard) and it was very quiet.
Breakfast was included and their buffet is indeed impressive. Fresh bread and rolls, cornflakes and other cereals, cold cuts, cheese, orange juice, everything was there.

When I arrived at approx. 20:00 (8 p.m.), the kitchen was already closed but the nice owner suggested that he prepares a soup and a “Brotzeit” (bread, cheese and some cucumbers) for me. I happily agreed since I also didn’t feel like I needed extensive dinner. Together with a glass of wine I paid 12,80 Euro.
Price for my accommodation (single room, resp. double room for single use) including breakfast was 70 Euro (in July 2011).

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay outside of the city, who wants magic views and who has a car. There is surely public transport, but the bus station is at the bottom of the hill. According to the VT/TA reviews about the hotel, it seems to be recommended in Rick Steves’ Germany book. Check the reviews and the link to TA at the end for more photos of hotel, rooms and breakfast.

Directions:
From the city centre of Trier, follow the signs to Kaisertherme and Amphitheatre and Trier-Olewig (which is a suburb). Directly after the Amphitheatre turn left (north) into Sickingenstrasse. The street makes three turns. Look for the sign to Hotel Petrisberg, which is in the third turn.

Location of Hotel Petrisberg on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., August 2012.

Nearby Petrisberg

Petrisberg

• Petrisberg Hotel Trier

Address: Sickingenstrasse 11, Trier, Rhineland-Palatinate, 54296, Germany

4 Photos of Petrisberg

Amenities at Petrisberg

• Free Parking

Trier Travel Forum

Need advice about Trier, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Trier and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Trier hotel reviews

Amphitheater
Karl Marx Haus
Church of St. Gangolf
Things to Do
Always remember to look up.
Porta Nigra.
Trierer Dom
The rather lovely Hauptmarkt
The Dreikoenigshaus
Things to Do
Enjoy the architecture on the way from the station
Things to Do
Friendly, cosy, free wifi, home-made cakes!
Tourist Information.
Römer Express.
Dreikönighaus.
Frankenturm.
Things to Do
Hauptmarkt, or the Main Square.
Things to Do
The church of St Gangolf.
Trier Cathedral.