Hotel Smetana

Hotel Smetana
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• balhannah's Profile Photo

BEST HOTEL IN DRESDEN!

Why do I say BEST HOTEL IN DRESDEN?
    BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND ONE FAULT!

How often do you find Hotel accommodation like this?

The Hotel is listed as 4 stars and lives up to that. We found it ok, located in a nice area of Dresden. We came by car, so we didn't want a Hotel in the city centre, but one located a little out where public transport was available, the Smetana was it!

Check in was easy as the Receptionist spoke good English, as did every person working for the Hotel. They looked very smart in their navy blue uniform. I was told where we could park the car, which was in the Hotel yard and was FREE.
    The Hotel has an Elevator, something I always look for when booking a Hotel, and a back entrance we could use to bring our luggage in from the car park.
    I was more than happy with our room! The room was large, so we had plenty of room to move, a good size lovely bathroom, chocolates by the bed, and a Fridge in which I like to keep my drinking water cold. I loved the furnishings in the room, and being able to open the windows and look out into the street!
    After putting our gear in place, we went downstairs to the reception area, where a leather lounge and two chairs were beckoning us to sit down and enjoy Afternoon Tea.
    EVERY DAY, FREE AFTERNOON TEA WAS IS IN THE RECEPTION AREA. Self serve tea or coffee, soft drinks, hot drinks, cakes, fruit and sweets, a good choice. It was lovely to come home from sightseeing in Dresden, and to be able to sit down and relax in one of the comfortable chairs and enjoy afternoon tea.

We never took advantage of this offer, you may.
    The Hotel puts together FREE OF CHARGE A LUNCH PACKAGE.

No trouble with finding somewhere to eat either, as across the road was the Smetana Restaurant, also one of the best, not one complaint there either!

FREE WI-FI was great to have!
    Free Wired internet is available in public areas.
    Breakfast wasn't included in the price, and we didn't wan't any, so I can't comment on that.
    The staff were always friendly and helpful, they helped us with information, gave us maps and showed us directions - nothing was too much for them.

When we left, they gave us a beautiful book on Dresden, FREE OF CHARGE. We were told they gave this to all their English speaking customers, wow! that was so lovely!

Dresden’s Old Town is 4.5 km away.
    Bus and Tram service are available to take you into town. Both involve a short walk.

I got a very good deal by booking early on Booking.com.

Directions: Striesen district of Dresden, near the Großer Garten park