Otto-Harzer-Strasse 2, Dresden, Saxony, 01156, Germany
Booking.com Expedia.com hotel.info

More about Dresden

Loschwitz Christmas marketLoschwitz Christmas market

central railway station, the steel constructioncentral railway station, the steel construction

Brühlsche Terrasse - DresdenBrühlsche Terrasse - Dresden

BTW I have a nice flyer for youBTW I have a nice flyer for you

Dresden left luggage

by nattybabe

Hi all,

I'm stopping for a day in early December in dresden on my way to Prague and was wondering if the train station (HBF) has a left luggage room. If so, is it safe?

Finally, is it far to get to the xmas markets (next to Frauenkirche) from the train station?

Thanks!

Re: Dresden left luggage

by hexelein

Hi,

I just pasted a link to showing the areas around the Christmas market in relation to the Hauptbahnhof in another thread. Here it is again: http://www.striezel-markt.de/striezel/html/body_plan.html

There is a left luggage facility at the HBF. Look for DB Gepäck Center or Schließfächer. The automated boxes are open 24 hrs. I haven't used them, but would guess that they are perfectly safe. http://www.bahnhof.de/site/bahnhoefe/de/ost/dresden/service/gepaeck/gepaeck__.html

Re: Dresden left luggage

by globetrott

yes thzey have lockers and to the christmasmarket walkingtime is not more than maybe 10 minutes.

Travel Tips for Dresden

the quickly setting winter sun

by richiecdisc

Catching cities in their best light is a passion for me. Dresden is a beautiful place any time of day but it's particularly so when the sun is setting, when red hues of light make things even more stunning. It's fun also to find different vantage points to get such photos like this small lake behind the Zwinger. My latest trip had been going so well I actually forgot about wanting to get some good new photos of Dresden, especially the Frauenkirche, which I’d not had a chance to see much less capture in good light since its being completed. It was after all my wife’s only chance of the year to see her family and it was Christmas. We’d had fun at the Christmas markets, visited some breweries, and generally just enjoyed “being home.” But when the opportunity arose to head into down on a nice day we did just that though we had some errands to attend to as well. On our way to town to bring D’s mother to work we took advantage of a gorgeous morning and some incredible frost on the trees and snapped some photos on small deserted roads parallel to the highway to Dresden. Once there we had little time before having to pick up Mom again and the weather wasn’t as nice as up in the higher elevations of our ride in. But once we picked her up and headed for lunch things began to clear and on our way home my wife surprised me by asking if I wanted to stop to take some photos. I happily said yes and was let off by a small lake behind the Zwinger which seemed quite atmospheric in the quickly setting winter sun. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Elbe River

by bugulma

Elbe River flows in the city and it is a border between old and new towns. I am sure it is very great to have a walking along the river. If you have a strength to go from Theater Square to the East, you will have a lot of wonderful views.

Moritzburg Castle

by Leipzig

Just 15 min north-northeast of Dresden you find the castle of Moritzburg. The place is completely surrounded by a lake. Moritzburg was originally built in the 16th century, but was completely remodeled in the 18th century as a hunting lodge. Today it contains a museum.

Altstadt (Old Town)

by Leipzig

Around the Frauenkirche you find some nice little but quite pricy restaurants and bars. A good location for dining or having a cocktail. For party and life music you should better go to "Äußere Neustadt".

Cozy restaurant in the Neustadt Kunsthofpassage

by pieter_jan_v about El Perro Borracho

El Perro Borracho is a Spanish restaurant with a small terras in the middle of the Kunsthofpassage courtyard.

The restaurant offers tapas and typical other Spanish menu's and international dishes.

In the weekend brunches are served till 3PM; on other days lunches are served till 4PM.

Hours:
Mo-Th: 11.30AM - 1AM
Fr: 11.30AM - 2AM
Sa: 10.30AM - 2AM
Su: 10.30AM - 1AM The lunch with Mexican beans.

Comments