Gerberstrasse 15, Leipzig, Saxony, 04105, Germany

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

The Westin Leipzig

Among the tallest building in the city. Good city view from room balcony.

Unique Quality: Good location, 5 mins walk to train station, shopping center, church and zoo.

Directions: Main train station

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Wannabe Luxury

The Westin is located a bit north of the old town but it is only a five minutes walk there and also to the Central Railway Station (use entrance/exit West of the station building). Other hotels are more convenient, but I thought I'd give it a try. I enjoyed my stay in Leipzig and the hotel was pretty good - but not as good as expected (or as they promise).

I booked a single room in the Deluxe category for 84 Euro per night incl. breakfast through the German travel company "DERTOUR". Really a steal for a hotel of that category. My voucher said "Late Check Out until 3 pm if available" which worked out well. It also said "a 0.75 l bottle of mineral water per room and stay" which was only a 0.5 l bottle. Ok, no big deal but still ... When I arrived at noon the room was not ready yet, which is ok (though it is the first time this has happened to me in that hotel category) and the promised the room would be ready by 3 pm. Well, it was *not* ready when I returned to the hotel at 3 pm but upon insisting I they had another room for me. The room was relatively small, decor/furnishing was quite ugly (except the bathroom which was excellent) but it had all the stuff you need (and don't need). One thing that annoyed me was the door to the bathroom which was probably a relic from the old East German days and didn't close well.

Unique Quality: The fitness area was very good, the pool area with sauna was ok. Breakfast buffet was excellent. I did not try one of their restaurants, so no comment on those. The lobby bar was a bustling place Friday night with a crowd of bankers that had a congress at the Westin. No free internet access and their prices for using the "business corner" or WLAN in the room were prohibitive.

I wouldn't say it is a bad hotel but I would expect more in that category. If I had not gotten such an excellent rate I'd regret staying there. I probably will not stay there again given the choice of hotels in Leipzig.

Directions: a short walk northwest of the central railway station

• mauro_pd's Profile Photo

5 stars ?????

Thanx to an attractive corporate rate we decided to spend the night in this BIIIIIIIIIG hotel just few steps from downtown; the position was the main driver for the decision since the hotel from outside really looks awful.

Unique Quality: Staff were really kind and helpful ... but the big problem was the air conditioning system !!! It was awfully hot in our room at 16th floor that we decided to sleep with open windows ... no way, we sweat like donkeys the whole night !!!!
    Other qualities:
    wonderful BBQ in the pub, good but of course expensive bar in the lobby, very good breakfast.
    For terrific rates u can book through www.ryanair.com.

Comments