Etap Hotel Zwickau Nord Crossen

Osterstein palaceOsterstein palace

Katharinenkirche, altarKatharinenkirche, altar

Historical bridge across the MuldeHistorical bridge across the Mulde

Travel Tips for Zwickau

Spending an afternoon at the police station...

by King_Golo

Zwickau is a weird place! The first time I went there, it was raining all the time and nearly as cold as in Siberia. Nevertheless, my family and me spent some time there and discovered by coincidence one of the world's largest doors (see picture below!).
The second time I went there, the sun was shining and people were just opening their food stalls as it was the weekend of the Zwickau "Stadtfest" (i.e. city festival). Everything seemed to promise a wonderful and funny day for the students of the 34th International Summer Course at Chemnitz University of Technology and me. However, having been in town for like 10 minutes, an Italian girl's wallet was stolen out of her pocket by some sneaky thief. The result: the Italian girl and me spent the rest of the afternoon at the local police station... And that is certainly something that you do not want to experience during your holiday!!!

Here's the reason: Zwickau policemen seem to enjoy telling you their worst, cruelest and most abhorrent adventure tales from their job! I now know of like 25 ways how to rape innocent girls in discotheques or where to get the best drugs from Saxony! Just imagine the situation: Two policemen telling you this stuff, one stressed teacher (me) who actually only planned to have some fun in Zwickau and an Italian girl who's close to crying because she's just lost nearly everything...
I'd say: award them the SPECIAL PRIZE FOR EMPATHY IN SITUATIONS OF CRISIS!

Well, apart from this unfortunate incident we DID spend a nice time in Zwickau. Check out my few tips for more!
PS: I really would have loved to build a more complete Zwickau page, but the police kept me busy for 1 1/2 hours!

Comments