Waldhotel Riesebusch

Sonnenweg 1, Bad Schwartau, 23611, de

Booking.com Priceline.com

• MD2nd's Profile Photo

Lovely, and very greenish

Very nice hotel at the rather outskirts of Bad Schwartau with hiking or walking trails around the spot, that lead visitors right into the woods. Rooms are good, and so is the hotel's food. Wonderful and very fresh buffet. Service is good yet things there just take their time. Plenty of parking places, quite comfortable.

Directions: Waldhotel Riesebusch
    Sonnenweg 1
    Bad Schwartau, 23611

More about Bad Schwartau

Bus station/Autokraft Bad SchwartauBus station/Autokraft Bad Schwartau

Amy's flowergirls from Ohio (& me) on AutobahnAmy's flowergirls from Ohio (& me) on Autobahn

Close to Bad Schwartau's parkClose to Bad Schwartau's park

Travel Tips for Bad Schwartau

Bad Schwartau

by MD2nd

You're my man, my knight in shining armor
You're the sun so hot and bright,
I'm your light-rays shining down,

You're the sky so vast and blue,
And I'm the white clouds in your chest,
I'm a river clean and pure,
Who in your ocean finds her rest,

You're the mountain huge and high,
I'm the valley green and wide,
You're the body slim yet strong,
And I'm a rib bone on your side,

You're an eagle flying high,
I'm your feathers light and brown,
You're my man, my knight of the knights.
-unknown

..At first, the heartbroken princess wept. Then she thought of killing herself.. but the Muses took pity upon Ariadne. They hovered around the poor thing as soft as winds, and whispered into her ear of a worthier love and a loftier fate. This made no sense to her, as for she could not see beyond her abandonment..

But soon Ariadne saw a bronze chariot appear on the horizon. The Muses whispered about the man, she was fated to love. As the chariot drew closer, Ariadne saw it was.. driven by Dionysus, god of divine intoxication, who loved Ariadne for her passionate bravery and loyalty.

Ariadne’s heart was immediately healed by Dionysus’s admiration and loving embrace.. She soon accepted her happy fate. Dionysus and Ariadne.. made a goddess by love, Ariadne lived forever with her immortal Dionysus in ecstatic triumph.
-The Love Story of Ariadne and Dionysus

Bad Schwartau is a spa town of about 20.000 citizens. It's situated at the Trave river and the Schwartau creek. It's about 20 mns of Luebeck, and close as well to the little town of Ratekau. The fountain (photo above) is in the town's center/pedestrian zone in front of the district court. Bad Schwartau to me, is the one spa town with the most beautiful park (Kurpark) I have ever been to! Though I'm not really fond of confessing that this park even beats the beauty of Bad Pyrmont's Kurpark, I do like to say that Bad Schwartau's park provids with such an abundance of pure, almost wild nature.. it's like the sweetest imagination of Lousianna's swamps (well, ok, I used a lot of sweet imagination - given that it's not hot and humid here. Never ever).

Haven't seen much of the town itself except for its magnific park, and pedestrian zone with Ariadne and Dionysus-fountain.

Comments