Stadtilmer Str. 45, Arnstadt, Thuringia, 99310, Germany

More about Arnstadt

Jacobsturm, ArnstadtJacobsturm, Arnstadt

Statue of JS Bach as 18 yr oldStatue of JS Bach as 18 yr old

Arnstad churchArnstad church

Another fountain, this one in front of the castleAnother fountain, this one in front of the castle

Travel Tips for Arnstadt

Car Parks

by alancollins

When I visited Arnstadt I was fortunate enough to have a hire car. I used a car park then visited the town centre. I'm not sure why and its unusual for me but I could not remember the way back to the car park. Fortunately and I'm not sure how widespread it is but the car park ticket had a tear off part that had the location of the car park printed on it. So it was only a question of asking for directions back to the car park.

History in Miniature

by christine.j

Arnstadt is a small town in Thuringia, but that's not what I mean when I say History in Miniature. There is a wonderful exhibition in Arnstadt, a complete miniature town of the late 17th century. A gem for a doll collector, but also something very special for people interested in history.
The picture shows a fountain in the town centre, where a knight is guarding the water.

After visiting the exhibition, we strolled through this lovely little town. I would have liked to spend more time there and see some more.

We wanted to have some coffee and some of the famous Thuringia cake, but most cafés were closed, and the one we found open didn't have any local cakes. It was early afternoon on a public holiday, and other tourists were also walking around, looking for a café. Another reason to come back later and try again.

Arnstadt

by alancollins

Arnstadt is one of the oldest town in Thuringia and is nicknamed the Gateway to the Thuringian Forest. The Market Square in Arnstadt is where you will find a number of interesting historic buildings. There are various shops, cafes and bar and it also includes the local Tourist Information Office with its helpful staff. In the centre of the Market Square is a statue to Johann Sebastian Bach who was the organist for a period of time at the New Church.

Comments