Eisenach Hotels

Our Members Say

• MD2nd profile photo MD2nd
  • Reviews: 415

Villa Elisabeth: Villa Elisabeth

Haven't been there but saw their sign while hiking up to the Wartburg Castle, and thought it's absolutely pleasant to learn about an accommodation which is explicitly a NON-SMOKING hotel!! We need more of such places, don't we?

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 23, 2010
Tip Photo

Villa Elisabeth

• globetrott profile photo globetrott
  • Reviews: 8520

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residenzhaus: a great hostel in the centre

I had my Hotel / Hostel in the very centre of Eisenach, very close to Luther-Haus : A tiny old castle was transfered into a modern hostel in a funny way with larger rooms for big families and a few single and double-rooms, some of which were even equipped with a waterbed. So I tried out the single-room with the waterbed for 30 euros, with an ordinary bed it would have been 5 euros cheaper. The 2nd day I asked for an ordinary single and got a single bed in a room of 8 beds, all for myself and it included my own bathroom for just 25 euros. A large breakfast was always included in these prices and I may highly recommend this place !

I had 2 nights in different rooms there : My 1st room, the one with the waterbed did not have its own facilities, BUT it provided a fine bathing-coat for the guest (me) , so I could easily walk to the bathroom around the corner. A large parking is directely in front of the hotel, only during the day you pay for parking there !
Unfortunately the large room had no curtains at all, the streetlight was shining into it the whole night and the guests of the hotel at the other side of the narrow sidestreet ( 5 meters distance) could take a look into the room as well.
My single-room with the waterbed was facing nobody and had a curtain...

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average