Von-Boch-Liebig-Str. 1, Mettlach, 66693, de

Hotels.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• christine.j's Profile Photo

A good choice all around

This time we needed a hotel which allowed dogs. I looked around and found the Haus Schons.
    It sounded nice with organic food for breakfast and had rooms overlooking the river Saar.

So I booked a double and got the confirmation. But a few days before our stay there I got a phone call from them, saying that there had been delays when renovating and we couldn't stay in the main building. They offered us one of the holiday apartments for the same price. I took it, even if it didn't overlook the Saar, but then I found out I could see the Spirit of the Earth from there, even better.

We had a nice bedroom,a bathroom and a living-room with a small, but fully equipped kitchen. It was perfect for us, especially since we had more space for the dog's basket. Also the kitchen floor was better for his water dish than the carpet in double room would have been. If you have travelled with dogs, you know how they sometimes spill water when drinking.

Breakfast the next day was very good with organic food. We were asked to tell them the time we wanted to have breakfast, as they cook the eggs to order. Additionally there was a buffet
    with the usual cheese, ham, cereal and joghurt, and various sorts of jam and honey.

We paid 79 Euro per night including breakfast. The dog was 7,50 for the whole stay. The apartment would have been 95 or 105 Euro, had we paid the actual tariff.

Unique Quality: This is a hotel geared towards hikers. It was the first time for me that I found bathing salts in a hotel, especially for bathing tired feet. That's not a bad idea, not only for hikers. When you do sightseeing in a city, your feet can be just as tired in the evening as after a long day hike.

More about Mettlach

Car parkCar park

Lutwinus churchLutwinus church

The old abbeyThe old abbey

Pedestrian area in MettlachPedestrian area in Mettlach

Travel Tips for Mettlach

Mettlach near the Saar loop

by himalia11

Mettlach is a small town in the Saarland, about 8 km from Merzig.
Near Mettlach is the Saar loop, a large loop of the river that you best can see from the viewpoint Cloef in the village Orscholz which also belongs to Mettlach. An amazing view!
But also Mettlach itself is worth a visit, with it’s nice church and the old abbey with its park. Here you find Villeroy & Boch which has its headquarter in Mettlach, with a “discovery centre” and of course a factory outlet. So if you need some ceramics, glass, crystals or other accessories you are right here!

Comments