Hotel Haus Schons

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 5 reviews
Priceline Booking.com
christine.j's Profile Photo

A good choice all around

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2011

This time we needed a hotel which allowed dogs. I looked around and found the Haus Schons.
It sounded nice with organic food for breakfast and had rooms overlooking the river Saar.

So I booked a double and got the confirmation. But a few days before our stay there I got a phone call from them, saying that there had been delays when renovating and we couldn't stay in the main building. They offered us one of the holiday apartments for the same price. I took it, even if it didn't overlook the Saar, but then I found out I could see the Spirit of the Earth from there, even better.

We had a nice bedroom,a bathroom and a living-room with a small, but fully equipped kitchen. It was perfect for us, especially since we had more space for the dog's basket. Also the kitchen floor was better for his water dish than the carpet in double room would have been. If you have travelled with dogs, you know how they sometimes spill water when drinking.

Breakfast the next day was very good with organic food. We were asked to tell them the time we wanted to have breakfast, as they cook the eggs to order. Additionally there was a buffet
with the usual cheese, ham, cereal and joghurt, and various sorts of jam and honey.

We paid 79 Euro per night including breakfast. The dog was 7,50 for the whole stay. The apartment would have been 95 or 105 Euro, had we paid the actual tariff.

Unique Quality: This is a hotel geared towards hikers. It was the first time for me that I found bathing salts in a hotel, especially for bathing tired feet. That's not a bad idea, not only for hikers. When you do sightseeing in a city, your feet can be just as tired in the evening as after a long day hike.

Nearby Hotel Haus Schons

2 Photos of Hotel Haus Schons

View Professional Photos

Mettlach Travel Forum

Need advice about Mettlach, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Mettlach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Mettlach
River Saar
Things to Do
The turn in the river Saar
Things to Do