Hotel Saarpark

More about Mettlach

Cross reliquaryCross reliquary

Old Tower in MettlachOld Tower in Mettlach

Viewpoint CloefViewpoint Cloef

Inviting and beautifulInviting and beautiful

Travel Tips for Mettlach

Mettlach - Home of Villeroy & Boch

by sargentjeff

" Beautiful Country Awaits You..."

It was the most beautiful weather all year, and probably the token day of summer I'd experience. Summer only comes one week a year in this part of Germany. I'm kidding of course, but good weather is the exception around these parts. Mettlach is neatly tucked away amist the rolling hills of the Saarland in southwestern Germany, and is quite an inviting environ for a visit. In a future visit I'd definitely want to take the bicycle for a nice ride on the river, as there are picturesque trails that provide spectacular views of the river, steeply terraced vineyards, and countryside.
Not that I'm a big fan of tableware, or anything related, but I have to admit I know a great deal when I see it. You probably can't resist the fantastic prices on some fine china at one of the Villeroy & Boch shops located here.

" The Beautiful Saar River "

Just next to where I took this photo is one of the Villeroy & Boch stores. I had just returned from Iraq, so I thought it would be nice to head off to a place my ex-wife wanted to visit. There seemed to be so much more here than we could experience on a short day trip, but we did enjoy our time here. There are several restaurants, cafes, and hotels in this small town, which I'm sure are geared towards those seeking goods from Villeroy & Boch.

Comments