Ocean Heights Apartments

Montague Place, Suite 1E,

Satisfaction Average

• Ocean Heights

These apartments are right in the centre of town, parking in this area can be a problem but there is a pay car park nearby. The building exterior needs repainting and in the past it is known that there has been problems with cochroaches. The apartments also have a small terrace pool.

• katepj's Profile Photo

- ok for me

I had a few nights break in Gibraltar and wanted self-catering so this seemed worth a go. For one person, you can find cheaper hotel accommodation, but I wanted the flexibility of an apartment. It is central, or at least, near to Morrisons, Casemates, not too far from the border, bus stops near - what more do you want? The block - sadly - does need a facelift, but the room I had was clean and tidy enough. People in the block were also very pleasant which surprised me, it must be a pain when you live somewhere to have lots of transients and holidaymakers coming and going. I used Herald Travel and they were fine. It was also quiet when I went. Secure entrance. I am planning to go back ...so watch this space.

So now I've been back - in spite of reading some of the reviews on here..... And I got a better apartment - so if you are still interested in self-catering at a reasonable price, I have to say this is pretty good. Extra pix uploaded. The second-time-around apartment included a washing machine, and a microwave that apparently roasted and grilled. (I didn't use it). For those of you who deal in sterling - it's £40 a night. Good value for two, not bad for one to be honest. Suzette and Lesley from Herald are always helpful. In fact, I've upgraded my satisfaction after this last trip.

Unique Quality: Try the Asian take-away in the concourse at the bottom - great food. Full of Gibraltarians ordering Asian food and fish and chips (?!) in Spanish/llanito - amazing culture shock (for me). Good value. This comment may not be about the apartment, but it is very relevant! Good cheap food if you don't feel like cooking. Take away or eat in. Vegetarian choices.

Directions: Between town and Morrisons

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Seems like a good deal

I have just been reading a leaflet on accommodation in Gibraltar and found a couple of hotels I didnt know about. One was much the same price as we paid, but I also noticed apartments called Ocean Heights.
    They sound fine, and in easy reach of things, nearer to the marina.
    The prices sound good as well
    Typical prices are
    Studio apartment with fully fitted kitchen - 1 night ý35. 1 week ý190.00
    1 bedroom apartment etc - ý45 per night
    ý255.00 per week.
    Towels, bedding etc is included.
    Sounds pretty good value to me.

Unique Quality: There is a large swimming pool and although it is fully furnished etc, you have to pay for the hire of a tv if you want one.

Directions: I think its down near the marina area

Comments