3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Otel.com

More about Naxos Hotel Kavos

Relaxing stay at Hotel Kavos on Naxos

My stay on Naxos Island in Greece was at Hotel Naxos. I found the Hotel at one of the booking agencies at the Athens Airport. My holiday was all left to the last moment. The flight to Naxos was smooth and the hotel was a short ride from the airport no problems with telling the Taxi Driver where the Hotel was as he knew the name and its reputation on the island is of being a good hotel. I was blown away by the friendly staff. The hotel is one of the best on the island with a pool that looks out on stunning views of the sea. The food is to a good standard. And the rooms are very clean. I found mostly honeymooners who where staying a couple of nights and island hoping. Amazing beaches with clear water where you can see the bottom. The town is small and friendly with an OK night life lots of good Cafes to meet everybodies pocket. My only draw back was that I had forgotten my driving license so could not rent a car or a motobike but there are guided tours. I would stay again at the Hotel Kavos on Naxos ( Oh and a great Windsurf venu ).

Kavos Hotel is a honeymooner's paradise

My wife and I stayed at Kavos Hotel for a week in early September as part of our honeymoon. We had a truly wonderful and very relaxing time at Kavos. Kavos is a magnificent place to stay for honeymooners. We decided to stay at Kavos based on all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The honeymoon suite was a wonderful room. The room itself was very comfortable and spacious, with a really nice white marble bathroom, and very nice large shower. The bed was very comfortable too. The front terrace was very pretty, with beautiful views and a great area to sit and relax. When we arrived at our room, the staff had decorated the bed with flower petals in the shape of a heart and there was a very good bottle of wine (with a card congratulating us on our marriage) waiting for us in the room. It was a very nice gesture.

The pool area has lovely, comfortable recliners to lay back and enjoy the sun and it has a terrific view of the ocean. Several times, we relaxed in the recliners watching the beautiful sunsets over the island of Paros.

As great as the rooms are to stay in, the service is what makes Kavos such a wonderful play to stay. Kavos has a little restaurant/bar area next to the pool area where they serve food. The food is fantastic and it is all homemade. The chef (I believe her name is “Gifka”) is an incredible cook and the food is fantastic, all homemade. The menu has a wide variety of things to choose from and their daily specials were delicious. My wife and I ate breakfast and dinner there practically every day. The home-cooked food at Kavos was better than any restaurant food that we ate while on Naxos.

As I mentioned, the service is what makes Kavos such a great place to stay. Barbara, the manager of Kavos, was extremely pleasant to deal with. She was extremely helpful and would go out of her way to make sure we had a good time. When we decided to rent a car for a few days, she arranged to have the car dropped off and picked up at the hotel. Anytime we asked Barbara for something, she took care of it. The owner, Athos, is a great guy. One day, my wife and I were talking to Athos, and she mentioned that she could not find any figs (which are my wife’s favorite fruit)on the island. Athos said that figs were out of season but that he would try to find some at the market. A couple of days later, after we finished having dinner at Kavos, the staff brought out a huge plate of sliced figs, which were very delicious. We also had figs again the next night as well. The level of service is fantastic. On the island of Naxos, everything is a little slower paced and more laid back, but we always got friendly, personal service with a smile, while at Kavos.

Kavos is located in the town of Agios Prokopios, which is about 10 minutes away from the main town of Naxos Town or Chora. Agios Prokopios has lovely white sand beaches and is less windy that the main town. Kavos is situated against a mountain overlooking the ocean from several different views. Kavos is a very beautiful, charming and romantic place to spend a vacation. Athos, Barbara and the rest of the staff will make sure that you enjoy your stay and they will attend to your every need.

Kavos (and the island of Naxos) is the perfect place to spend on your honeymoon. Everything you’ve read about Kavos on this site is true. Believe the hype! If you are traveling to Naxos, then there is no better place to stay than at Kavos.

A big thank you goes out to Athos, Barbara, Elena, Gifka and the rest of the staff for making our stay a memorable experience. We loved it!!

Andy
South Pasadena, California

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member katalina5

Beautiful Hotel in very relaxing setting. The staff were very friendly and gracious. The only complaint I had was it was pretty far out of the main town. I would definately recommend renting a car to see the sights.

Kavos - Delightful and Delicious

by TripAdvisor Member Scrabblebabe

We spent a delightful week at Kavos Studios & Villas where the staff were consistently friendly and helpful. Kavos has recently undergone a major remodel which has resulted in beautiful bathrooms and an outdoor eating and bar area next to the pool. We loved the food at Kavos....Zifka's cooking was the best we had in all of Greece, her moussaka, alone, is worth a trip back to Kavos...Barbara was enormously helpful and kind, Elena is as wonderful and pleasant as she is gorgeous... and meeting Athos was one of the highlights of our trip! Our room was comfortable and well-appointed. We cooked breakfasts in our room most of the of the time. The bathroom was beautiful and the patio outside the kitchen area served as a pleasant place to read and drink wine or coffee. The beach is about a 7-10 minute walk down the hill and it is very nice but we rented a car and tried out other beaches which were even more spectacular. One day we were the only people on the most beautiful 2 mile stretch of beach -- turquoise water, clear skies and just what we'd imagined that Greek islands would offer. We climbed Mt. Zas and visited the kouros. Very impressive. Ed climbed the little, but steep, 500' hill behind Kavos every morning for the sunrise. On the day we climbed it together, I felt that we could see forever...well, at least we could see the city, the arch and Mt. Zas. We had a great time, met good people and, most likely because we visited just before the end of the season, we felt that Kavos was a respite far from the maddening crowd. Our only regret is that Greek beds - not just at Kavos, but everywhere we stayed - are just too hard for our old backs. We are grateful to all the wonderful people at Kavos for making our stay so special and so memorable. Ed and Lori, Medina, WA USA

Fabulous start to our honeymoon!

by TripAdvisor Member Trolly

We really loved the Kavos, when we arrived we were amazed by its beauty and tranquility - we truly felt we were the only guests even though the hotel was full. Our room was very traditional but with all the modern facilities you would need, the team had decorated our bed with flowers in a heart shape and gave us a bottle of complimentary wine which was decorated with pretty flowers. I loved all the gardens and how the path wound its way up to the top where our room was. We dined in the restuarant several times, the food was homecooked and the service was second to none.
As previous reviews state you really do need some kind of transport as there is quite a walk to get to anything however we're just lazy!
We had a disaster on honeymoon when my husband lost his wedding ring whilst we were out on a day trip, Barbara the owner was fantastic and helped us sort out our insurance claim and took us down the police station so we could register the lost - she certainly goes the extra mile for her guests!
If you want a romantic break in beautiful surroundings with exceptional staff where nothing is too much trouble - choose Kavos!

Nice, but overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member HawaiiJim

Beautiful grounds and setting, although at least 20 minutes by foot from both the beach and the town for markets and restaurants. Large apartment style rooms, with somewhat aging furnishings. Although the smallish bathroom was recently re-done in marble, there is poor water pressure and very little hot water. Very nice pool and bar area where they serve meals that are very delicious, although priced very high compared to other restaurants in the area. Service is understated but fine. All in all, we were very comfortable, but got the impression that we were being charged a least double each night because of Kavos' high Tripadviser rating. Much newer places that are half again closer to the beach, or even on the beach, were available at 40-50% less per night, including breakfast (which is not included at Kavos). In all events, don't miss Naxos - it may have been our second favorite Greek Island (after Santorini) - a place where you can experience Greece the way it used to be 30 years ago when I made my last trip to the Islands (if a number of aging, northern European, fat nudists don't dissuade you from the beaches).

Can't say enough good things about it

by TripAdvisor Member Shmiggly

We spent 3 nights at Kavos in May 2006, and I can't say enough good things about the island, the hotel and the staff.

The island of Naxos is beautiful, the people are so friendly and it was the highlight of our 2 weeks in Greece.

Kavos was our favourite place we stayed duing our trip. The prices were great (we were there in low season, which made the prices quite reasonable) The location was perfect. Very near the beaches (10 minute walk at the most) and walking distace to Chora. We did this walk quite a bit, I believe it took about 30-45 minutes along the beach. The pool area was incredible, and the food was amazing (especially the yogurt, fruit and honey for breakfast)

The staff were also equally incrdible. Keeping the rooms clean, the gardens looking perfect, and the food delicious. Our car rental was handled hassle free by the staff, it was delivered within minutes, (Make sure you are good at driving a standard transmission on Naxos island...very hilly and few guardrails...hahaha) and nobody said anything when the car sat in the driveway for the rest of the trip after a bit of a scare on a cliffside (haha)

On our way to Naxos on the ferry we lost a package that contained a farly expesive ceramic doll...the ferry was just leaving when we realised where we had left it, on the seats we were sittling in. Barbara (and the taxi driver she arranged for our ride) went out of her way to get this doll back for us. She made numerous phone calls to ferry offices and to the boat itself, and even drove down to the port at 11PM to pick up the package for us when the boat got in. This type of service is incredible.

I would definately stay in Naxos again, and I would definately spend that time at Kavos, and reccomend it to anyone....

(And when I come back I'll be sure to have practiced driving a standard transmision haha)

Wonderful and VERY reasonable for what you get!

by TripAdvisor Member slulaw99

My husband and I just stayed at Kavos for a week duirng our honeymoon. We loved it! All the reviews are right--it is gorgeous, well-maintained and situated outside the town. However, that makes it perfect if you like a nice walk or you plan to rent a car while on Naxos. We didn't rent a car, as we wanted R & R and it was quite a nice walk either to Agios Prokopios (15 minutes) or Naxos Town (40 minutes, along the beach)

The views out of the front of our suite were spectacular, and it was also very nice to finally meet Barbara, who was so helpful to us in planning our time in Naxos. She can also arrange to have a taxi waiting for you at the ferry terminal (about 8-10 euros) and it's a godsend when you're coming in after a 5 hour ferry trip from Piraeus. Speaking of taxis, it is definitely easy and affordable to get around by using taxis if you want to stay within a reasonable distance of the towns. We would walk to dinner or shopping, and then take a cab back to the hotel. We didnt spend more than 40-50 euros on taxis for a week of traveling.

The pool area was gorgeous, the food price is a bit higher than in town, but the convenience when all you want to do is hang out at the pool more than makes up for it. I would say it's a bargain compared with resort-type prices in the States.

Overall, if you're looking for a wonderful room, nice people, nice pool and lovely island, I didn't see anything in our travels on Naxos that compared to the Hotel Kavos. We will definitely be back!

Exquisite place to spend your vacation!

Kavos Villas was a true pleasure! My Mother, Father, Husband and I spent 4 days in the two bedroom villas. Our stay was the high point of our ten day trip to Greece. I don't have one bad thing to say! The accomidations were wonderful, From the staff that was always willing to help in anyway, to the amazing villa itself. All the villas are equiped with everthing you need to cook including a stone grill on the patio equiped with carcaol and wood. If you don't feel like cooking the on site resturant offers amazing food. All of the food is home made to order, I can't say enough about the service let alone the delicious food. When you do visit Kavos be sure to try their superb Kavos wine. The resturant is located near the pool that over looks the ocean. there is a hammock that is an excellent place to watch the breath taking sunsets.

Kavos is a short way from town I do reccomend renting a car or scooter to explore this beautiful island. rest assure that Barbara the manager of Kavos will assist you in all the right choices. she not only told us to take the ferry in stead of the CAT she also set up for a transfer from the ferry to the hotel. when we stepped off the ferry our transfer was standing in front of the crowd long story short HASSEL FREE! when we arived at the hotel our rent a car was there waiting for us. If you choose not to rent a car Kovas offers free mountain bikes for their guest to use at anytime. like i said they are goal is to be as helpful as possible!

In closing, I would give the Kavos Villas a 5 star rating! I hope you consider staying at this truly peaceful hotel.

fantastic

Just fantastic ! We have been to the Greek Islands 5 times in the past and must say this was the best experiance of all. We spent 4 memorable days at the Kavos villas. It is perfectly located, with stunning views of the Aegean, mountains and several islands.Our individual villa was peaceful and beautifly appointed.It was well air conditioned, ( most unusual in the islands ), with a restaurant that offered magnificant food with a menu that changed daily, (very well priced, I must add). If you are looking for a boutique hotel in a glorious garden setting offering intimate luxury, THIS IS IT ! In closing I must mention the manager Barbara, whose advice and guidance made our trip to Naxos one we will look forward to repeating very soon.

Comments