Nana Beach Hotel

Costs 157% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Nana Beach Hotel

Good Hotel and Location

by TripAdvisor Member PLKOK

I stayed in the Nana Beach Hotel in June 2008 for 11 nights. It is a good hotel in a lovely location. With many swimming pools, 2 main restaurants, 3 al la carte and numerous bars and snack bars it is very well provided. As a seasoned all inclusive holiday maker I would rate the hotel as good. The rooms are of a good standard although not the best, but then we spent very little time in ours! The beach is good and provides safe bathing in a semi-enclosed bay.

On the whole we had a good time and would recommend the hotel, however, it does have its drawbacks. Cold water was a bit scarse as often the machines despensed hot water. Make sure you book a room with a sea view as you may otherwise find yourself looking over a car park or similar. Also, although the guests comprised of many nationalities (French, Italian, German, Russian, British, Greek etc) the entertainment programme was almost exclusively taken over by the Germans and by the end of our holiday it was starting to grate a bit.

One other niggle, the hotel wanted sizeable deposits for such things as using towels by the pools and beach (30 euros), for pool it was a 20 euro for the cues and balls (a bit steep!).

Lastly, this must be one of the best crew of staff we have come across. At Nana beach all the staff were incredibly efficient, helpful and friendly and made our stay enjoyable.

If I were German I would probably give this hotel top marks.

Wonderful Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member tilly1977

Just returned last night after two wonderful weeks at the Nana Beach, Crete. I Dont usually write reviews but just felt the urge to let you all know how great this place really is!!! All the brouchure, website and internet pictures I have seen of this resort do it no justice at all.

The hotel complex is massive it has about 6 pools, although there maybe more. All the pools have adequate sun beds around them and pool bars serving snacks. We spend most of our weeks around the kids pool which is great it shallow and has lots of water features in it.

The private beach is small but there are these wonderful little slabbed areas over the rocks that have scatted sunbeds on. Great for sunbathing and keeping cool with the sea breeze.

The food is great too. We especilly enjoyed the Italian Restaurant and the Thalassa taverna over looking the beach. There was always pleanty to choice from at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The drinks were also great. We have done all inclusive resorts in the past and found that the drinks maybe watered down. Not here!! There were most drinks available and a good selection of cocktails and spirits.

This hotel has great kids facilities. My daughter enjoyed going to the international kids club and using the indoor play area. There is a kids club that is run by the german company Tui whaich they can also join if they wish.

If I really had to complian about anything at all it would be the lack of evening entertainment for adults. There would be a odd magician or a reps show but nothing substantial. Its a shame really as they have two wonderful theatres that could accomadate some good entertainment.
The greek night is worth staying up for on a Wed night though.

I would definatley recommend this resort and we will be going back which is a first for me.

Reviews, Website and brochure do not do it justice

by TripAdvisor Member nikkieaton

We have just got back from a fantastic holiday at Nana beach. to be honest from all the reviews and even their own website which i visited daily the actual place and people are 100 times better!

The complex was beautiful, clean and absolutely huge still dont think after 2 weeks there we managed to get round it.

I travelled with my partner and my little girl aged 4 whos birthday it was whilst we were away. We spent most of our days at the Childrens pool and although the resort was full it didnt feel that way as we never struggled for a sun bed or queued for food. My little girl also attended the kids mini club which was run by a fantastic lady employed by the hotel - she was fabulous with my daughter and really brought her confidence on - this made all the difference and she was very sad when we had to leave her! the staff are amazing. As i am sure most parents are now i didnt feel comfortable leaving my daughter on her own but this didnt pose a problem as i was more than welcome to stay and attend the club also. - I totally recommend the mini disco which they put on every night for the kids from 8.30 they love it and to be honest so do the adults! look out for naringa and sabrina these two really make the difference!

As for adult/family entertainment whilst we were there we managed to see the animation team provide fantastic entertainment in the form of Mama Mia and Daddy Cool - which were excellently done! - I recommend you get there early as the ampitheatre is always packed out! Also go to the magic show which is quite amazing.

Food - sometime all inclusives can be quite bland and repetietive - not in this case the food is fantastic the meat tender, the salad fresh and the pasta on the main grill area to die for! Due to the high quality and amount of choice we didnt feel the need to book into the ala carte restaurants - however we know people that did and once again they were amazed!

Bars and snack bars - burgers were lovely in the day if you needed to have a quick fix although struggled to eat them as we were always full from breakfast lunch and dinner. Definately try some of the cocktails they were yummy!

All in all a fantastic holiday only downside is that it is quite orientated by the germans as we seemed to be out numbered 5-1 however this didnt cause a problem.

Looking forward to going back next year! hopefully naringa and sabrina will return next year!

Beautiful Hotel - Didn't enjoy the drinks

by TripAdvisor Member Wiganrugby

Before I went on holiday I found these reviews very helpful in choosing the right hotel for our family, we have 2 sons aged 12 and 4 and I wanted a hotel that had enough going on for the whole family.. The hotel is breathtaking, Cretan archetecture with stunning views, our 1st impression was Wow this is gorgeous. the complex is huge and the reviews about the pictures not doing the hotel justic is correct.

Th only downside to this hotel which I should mention as this was the only disappointment we had was the drinks.
You could have any spirit mixed with what you wanted and they could make you a selection of cocktails from a list, however the beer was cold but tasted terrible from all the bars, there was no bottle beers. only bottled beer we got was in the Italian A la Carte. This mixer drinks were not international and my husband gave up drinking them after a few days as he ended up bloated, bad guts and feeling sick. He said he didn't enjoy one single drink the wholel time we were there and he tried everything. In the end we bought internation beers (heineken) from the supermarket and at night we went to the Grand Hotel and bought drinks.
We went on a trip to Spinalonga which was worth visiting if your into your history and the tour guide is a real character. It is quite costly about £150. 2 adults 2 children and this included your transfer to the boat by coach, the boat trip and dinner on the boat.
I was disappointed that there didn't seem to be any english speaking kids clubs and although the German clubs looked fun our kids were reluctant to participate. Last year we went to Halkidiki hotel Sani Beach, The staff were so much more friendly and my son made lots of friends with waitors, Managers, bar staff, he played football with them, and they made a big fuss of him. Although Nana beach has friendly staff there was something different about this holiday as we didn't make any friends with staff they were polite but they didn't make an attempt to get to know you. My son, loves football, he couldn't get a single game in 2 weeks , when he asked about playing they told him he wasn't old enough he had to be 16. he spent the next 2 wks Wandering around with a football on his own. Hence we nicknamed him Wandering Walt.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful but by the 2nd week it became monotonous and we wished we hadn't gone all inclusive. I particularly hated the scrums for food at meal times, queuing for icecream and drinks. If this hotel was B&B it would have been perfect.

Brilliant Holiday!!!! Brilliant place.....

by TripAdvisor Member FrostiesUk

We stayed at Nana Beach from 18th July 2008 - travelling with First Choice. Overall we would rate this hotel as the 4* it claims, and I would wholeheartedly reccomend this hotel to anyone with kids, or anyone wanting a 'couples only' get away.

We thought we would hire a car and see Crete, unfortunately (or fortunately) the furthest we managed was a day at the waterpark as this resort is SO wonderful it FORCES you to relax and do absolutely NOTHING - what bliss for us - specially as we had kids 10 & 4 with us!!

Ok a breakdown:

The main public areas are exceptionally well maintained, with fantastic flowers everywhere you go. From one end of the resort to another there is never anything you could pick on (and given we saw the manager wandering about morning noon and night checking everywhere its hardly surprising). The pools (all of them) were exceptionally well maintained and very clean with hosing down early every morning and more than enough sunbeds to go round. The main pool (with the swim up bar) IS predominantly for the germans and this where the focus of the main entertainment is for the daytime. The hotel has an 80% german take up - however - this we thought only served as a good thing as they demand MUCH higher standards than an entirely british resort - and with more than enough other pools to enable you to get away from this ents/german area if you wanted too. We only visted this area to experience the swim up bar!!! (and then stuck to the pool outside out room =- BLISS).

The restaurants: There are two main eating places - one is the main Athena restaurant - which is lovely - but this is the one mostly used by the germans and we felt is a little 'canteen like' in its feel (and didnt like the kids being jostled about when very busy). The other restuarant is the Thalassa - which in a fabulous beachfront location - and we used this every breakfast and evening meal. The food in here was the same as the main restaurant - with themed evenings through the holidays such as a italian night, fish night and a greek night. Help yourself to the wine from the fridges, the beer or the soft drinks on tap. The staff here wonderful and the place spotless. Dress code for men is not strict - and the 'long trousers' were intrepreted to 3/4 length or nice longer length shorts.

Snack bars - 'Our' Snack bar was right by our pool (the Poisideon restaurant) and served salads with chips, pasta's and pizzas at lunch - followed by cakes at 3pm (YUM!!). This also doubled as the a'la catre fish restaurant during the evenings - which was bookable once a week - and was lovely. Other snack bars where by the main pool - and by the beach - all of which served the usual pizza, burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches readily accepted by kids during the day.

Entertainment: Kids club used by our 4 year old - international staff - and all worked hard to make kids feel at home - good for kids mixing with 'other' countries and they put on a good (if repetative) show every evening. Adult shows at 9.30pm sometimes left a little to be desired - but a good few all inclusive drinks before hand made it bearable and laughable and even FUN if you are preared to join in (noteably the brits were the ones joining in!!).

Watersports: The 'free' windsurfing ISNT free unless you have a valid licence with you to say you have done a course - so beware - a course is 90 euros's for 5 hours and the kids HAVE to be over a certain weight to be strong enough to do it (ours wasnt strong enough even aged 10yrs). Pedaloes limited use during windy weather and canoes alos not always available - health & safety reasons we understand but seemed to be withdrawn very easily. Ringo's & bananna boat smae cost here as in Stalis so dont bother going anywhere else thinking its cheaper as it isnt - and the guy who runs the watersports bit is FAB with the kids and knows how far to push them etc. Would recommend him.

And so to the rooms:...this was the ONLY part of the holiday i was disappointed with. The rooms (for me) certainly are NOT 4 star standard - more like 3 star and STILL in need of work to obtain that. We were in the 900's block, which had a PERFECT sea view and a lovely pool view - but we expected to be in two rooms (as 4 persons) and we were all in one room. HOWEVER - this did not in any way shape of form spoil our holiday as we spent SO little time in the room. AND if anything the first few nights spent putting the kids to bed early meant we could enjoy the wonderful evening moon rising over the sea - breathtaking!!!

Pool towels are fine so dont bother packing your own.

Water was a little limited and we didnt have a water cooler by our pool so resorted to buying bottled - beware the water in jugs at the bars - this is tap water (and make you ill - believe me!!) - the water coolers are ok though.

We LOVED this holiday - 14 well deserved nights of relaxation and doing NOTHING more strenuous than playing in the pool or choosing what to have on the 3rd plateful of food at dinner!!

Dont hesitate - BOOK BOOK BOOK BOOK BOOK!!!

A fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member davejay

We stayed for a week, our first visit to Crete, and found the island, people and hotel a delight to visit. As stated by others the hotel complex is large and in beautifuly kept grounds. Although the hotel was full during our stay there were no crowds anywhere, an abundance of sun beds and 7 pools to choose from plus of course the beach and a paved headland. The three al a carte restaurants were good and made a break from the buffet meals in the main restauant ( which was also very good ). All inc allowed 1 meal in each of the al a carte restaurants. 1 swimming pool was adults only which was lovelly and peaceful for relaxation
Accommodation was reasonable ~ all in all an excellent holiday.
Many thanks to the hotel staff for helping to make our stay so enjoyable

How all inclusive should be

by TripAdvisor Member NomadLancs

This is the best all inclusive hotel that I have ever stayed in. The staff are more like relatives than staff. The pools are set in beatiful surroundings and the garden walks go on forever. Everything is so clean as if it was built yesterday. There are seven pools, seven restaurants, and I think I saw nine bars. During the day you can help yourself at the beer pump and the soft drinks dispenser, there are also snacks available in the afternoon and at least one bar does late night night snacks from 11-30pm until 00-45.
You are greeted at reception and driven, along with your luggage,to you rooms in an electric buggy. You are also collected on your return at the end of the holiday. Any pictures you see on the net have not been enhanced, it really is that beautiful.

Great Hotel, Excellent Facilities, Lovely Location

by TripAdvisor Member Anisha_London

We went with our two daughters 7 and 3 for a week and had a fantastic time, was a great place to relax, did not need to leave the resort. The grounds are very impressive and vast, with lovely tropical plants. The facilities are amazing, from the 6-7 swimming pools, you never have to worry about finding a sunbed, as everyone is spread out over the vast complex. Our kids had a great time, especially around the kids pool with slide, water features. Rooms are basic, but clean and functional. Buffet retaurants had a good variety of food, lots to choose from with changing variety each day. You can book up to 3 al a carte restaurants (fish, italian and greek) each week. The food in each each was very good, full 4 course meal - we loved the italian. Service at the hotel was excellent, always met with a warm, friendly smile, with staff always willing to help. There's a good variety of entertainment in the evenings, catering for both the german majority and english speaking crowd. There's two sets of kids clubs, one for the german majority and one for english, french and italian kids. They look after your kids for most of the day if your kids enjoy that sort of thing (unfortunately ours preferred to stay with us). The beach and surrounding coast-line, with many sunbeds nestled into the rocks was really beautiful, allowing couples/families to obtain privacy if required. This was particularly lovely in the evenings, when watching the sun set and moon rise.
All in all a fabulous hotel, great facilities, perfect for couples as well as families, with lots of good food and drink and a lovely resort to have a relaxing holiday. Would definately recommend to all, and will definately be coming back, possibly next year.

"wow" what a place!

by TripAdvisor Member scarletttalulla

Just got back on the 27th July and I have to say that this hotel is the best all inclusive I have stayed in. My husband, myself and our two children aged 8 and 5 had a fantastic time. The grounds are beautiful and with vibrant flowers and plants all over. The rooms are well equiped with air-con, and are always cleaned well. The food is excellent, a vast choice to choose from and cooked at a very high standard. The drinks are always to hand and are nice and cold. The beach bar is excellent and with only one lady working there she does a fantastic job and boy can't she multi-task!! The entertainment for the children and adults is brilliant and the mini disco at night is fantastic. Naringa and Sabrina are amazing with the children. Naringa especially, she makes so much of the children and they love her. The pools are excellent and safe for the kids and so is the beach, always a sunbed, as there are so many to choose from! All in all a fantastic place and I would love to go back.

fantastic family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member pepperplantvic

This is an amazing holiday that caters for families with kids aged 0 upwards. This is not a lads only or gells only getaway.
I went in july 08 with my 13mnth old daughter, the grandparents, the brother and sister in law. there is a kids club that takes kids from 1 (3 and under have to be accompanied by an adult). its a lovely big thatched roofed open sided play area with slides swings (including baby swings), lots of toys and different rooms with in it where the kids can paint ect. there is entertainment for the kids through out the day and evening in the form of shows.
for the adults there is 2 main bars for drinking at night, 1 is a disco type bar with sea views and the other is a more quieter one where they have a pianist play once a week.this one is actually the one we used the most while the wee one fell asleep in her buggy! its openair and raised so u get a lovely view.
there are about 7 pools...lost count!! there is one geared at kids with sqirty clowns ect and the floor surrounding he pool is not tiles but soft rubber stuff so they wont hurt themselves. however all the other pools have a small round baby pool attached to them. another pool has cold water jaquzzis and another pool has a swim up bar with seats in the water. hersonisis and stalis are very very easily accsessable by bus that picks up right outside hotel about every 15-20 mins. i would recomend stallis for shoping and a leisurly evening out rather than hersonasis as hersonasis has a busy rd running thru it and its a nightmare to cross. its only about 1.40 euro on the bus and u tell him ur hotel and they drop u outside. this hotel does have alot of germans and other europeans but it did not make any difference to the quality of holiday. there are plenty of sun beds.
this hotel is also on a lovely private beach front with a beach bar for drinks and snacks. there are 2 pier type things which seem to have made the water really calm inbetween them and its really shallow. u can also try scuba diving with a taster in the pool first. theres watersports aswell but think u pay extra for them.
Food was fine, however their bacon isnt as nice as ours...but theres fruit cereal and continental stuff. book ur restrants when u get there for ur evening meal. u can go once a week to the alecart ones then u have the choice of 2 buffet restrants.
i could go on...i should work for them....there are tennis courts but it was too hot for that. u dont need a jacket at nite in july. i didnt find it too hot at nite...just right for a beer beneath the stars. the aircon is free anyway. it was 33 degrees the day we got there but it stated cooling down to the average of 29 degrees as the week went on which is a perfect temp(ur not cold when u come out the pool!)......i will be going back...mainly because i know my little one will have fun as she gets older to join in the activities while i laze on the lovely beach.
forgot......the rooms are small but well equiped. fridge(which doesnt go off when u take ur key card out the wall) and a flat screen tv with cnn and bbc world...the rest is foreighn. lovely balcony covered in crawling flower plants...just gorgeous. we were told our room was nearly refurbed and it was nice...lets hope u get a new room......have fun. we did.

Samaria Gorge, CreteSamaria Gorge, Crete

Cretan sunriseCretan sunrise

view of Balos beachview of Balos beach

Old curch at Chania.Old curch at Chania.

Hotel in Chersonissos / Hersonissos

by tschillig

Hi there
im looking for a Hotel in (C)Hersonissos.
I would Stay close to the Hotel Nana Beach (my Friends are There but i want to pay this expensive Rates)
Somewhere i read that The "Grand Hotel" is next to the "NANA" - i think it means the Nana Beach. Can anyone Confirm This or tell me other hotels?

tschillig from Switzerland

places to visit.

by debspencer

Hello everyone!
We are a family of five travelling to Crete next week (half term) and wondered whether anybody could help us with a query. We visited Rhodes in August and had a wonderful holiday, and especially enjoyed 'Rhodes Old Town'. We loved the atmosphere, the shops and the restaurants and wondered whether Crete had anywhere similar. We are staying at the Nana Beach-Hersonissos and wondered whether there was anywhere within taxi distance, bearing in mind that we will probably need 2 taxis unless we can get 1 that will seat all of us! Can anyone out there help?
Look forward to hearing from you,
Best regards, Deb Spencer x

by nickandchris

Shame you will be at the wrong end of the island for Chania, the old Venetian city. Very pretty. Rethymnon has some history about it and a nice harbour area. Buses are good on Crete but if you want to tour a lot, hire your own transport as distances are great.Last time we were on Crete at the end of Oct. the weather was not so good but found it warmer in the south of the island.

by Maurizioago

You could spend some hours in Old Hersonissos, Koutoloufari and the other village...I don't remember its name. They are not far from Hersonissos. Ask somebody for the direction.

You can also take a bus and go to Chania.

Iraklion is not that pretty, but there is a very interesting archaeological museum there.

by chiara76

Visit my travel page about Crete! I am sure you will find something interesting for you and your family there. Rhetymnon Town is one of the most interesting, but also the Minoian Palace in Malia (quite near of Hersonissos) and other one...Lucky you ! I love Crete Island, it is one of my favourite places in world.

RE: RE: places to visit.

by siso010

check my page too it would help you!
./Siso