Lena Apartments

Elounda, 72053, Greece

More about Elounda

Water front tablesWater front tables

Elounda harborElounda harbor

stewed octopus - Vachus Tavernastewed octopus - Vachus Taverna

Secluded Beach, Spinalonga, CreteSecluded Beach, Spinalonga, Crete

Travel Tips for Elounda

A Walk To Spinalonga - Seashore Church

by steventilly

From the bridge over the canal you can see this church in the distance by the sea. I went up to it, expecting it to be the early Christian basilica mentioned locally, but it's not. It's a nice church though, in a fantastic setting right by the sea. There's steps down to a little jetty, so I imagine people come here by boat. It would be a great setting for a wedding.

a lucky break

by iaint

"we got lucky"

Ended up here in October 2001, right after 9/11. The morning of 9/11 I'd just booked the last hotel for a trip to Morocco for the October school holidays. I'd been before, so even after 9/11 I would not have expected a problem there, but my ex would not have seen it that way and our son was due to go with me...

Anyway, he picked this place from a brochure. We used airmiles to fly out business class with Lufthansa to Athens. I think the plane was almost empty. No-one was flying. Then Olympic to Iraklion, and finally a rented (tiny) Fiat to Elounda

"it gets better"

Due to lack of visistors, the hotel upgraded us to a studio. It was wonderful. Comfortable, luxurious, private, sea view...

You look out over Spinalonga. You have the village for lunch or dinner if you want to wander off. You have Agios Nikolaos just over the hill. You have all of eastern Crete on your doorstep.

"and then"

We went back the next October. Still very good, but autumn came early that year and we had to buy sweaters!

Comments