Imerovigli, 847 00 , Greece

Costs 111% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Great View

Location/Access:
    - At the south most end of Imerovigli village. The location on online map is incorrect.
    - Taxi: From the little square where taxi drops you off, walk away from the road (facing the ocean), turn LEFT, walk 5 minutes till pass the church.
    - Walk: 20-minute walk to Fira (towards south, generally downward, but return would be uphill).
    - Bus: If you get off from the Imerovigli bus station, walk southwards about 5 minutes to the little square, then another 5 to the hotel.

Reception/Staff:
    - Very friendly staff. Most are temporary staff from other region/country. Their knowledge of local info is insufficient.
    - The reception is on the top level. Staff would carry your luggage to your unit down via narrow stone stairs.

Breakfast (included in the room rate):
    - The hotel does not have a restaurant, but they will bring the breakfast to your room.
    - Everyday the contents are different: have a pleasant surprise every morning! When you are ready to eat, dial 100, tell the lady if you want coffee, tea or milk (they have only 1% milk, no fat-free). Usually, they will bring breads, croissant, yogurt, fruit, orange juice, coffee/milk, jams, honey, etc.

Internet:
    - Free wireless access in room, good access near the door (very slow in bed, too deep in the cave!).

Unique Quality: Suite (117):
    General:
    - Suite 117 is a cave chipped in from the volcano rock, seem to be very earthquake prooof.
    - It is at the level right above the swimming pool with a great view of ocean and islands.
    - It is very quiet. All you could hear is the wind breeze, if there is any, or occasional boat honking.
    - There is a sitting in front of the door to enjoy the view.
    - There are few unique local art pieces made of Santorini volcano rocks of various colors.
    - They also provide you tuck down chocolate. Yummy!
    - The suite is equally divided into 4 quadrants.

Kitchen:
    - The immediate left, with a sink, refrigerator and utensils. Plus a bottle of Greek white wine as a welcome gift and two wine glasses.
    - On top of a small end table, sits a vase with fresh and fragrant roses and other flowers, next are a couple of chairs.

Bedrooms:
    - The immediate first right, with a step up, is a single bed and a stereo system.
    - The further left, a step up, is a queen size 4-post bed, romantically draped with white sheer fabric. The bed was a bit firmer than we would like, but not too bad.
    - The safe in the bedroom armor is not large enough for a small lap top.

Bathroom:
    - The further right is the large marble bathroom with sufficient sink top area. A coat pedestal to hang towels. The marble floor could be slippery.
    - It has a shower/bath combined unit. The cave walls are not in right angles, the sliding shower doors sit right on top of the bath tub, but do not fit nor sealed well. So when you take a shower, water could leak out.
    - Thick and good quality towels and robes are provided, and slippers.

Directions: See above

More about Pegasus Suites Hotel

Loved Pegasus Suites

by TripAdvisor Member NessW

We arrived at Pegasus Suites (the driver was there to pick us up at the airport which was perfect) and we were blown away by the incredible view from the moment we stepped out of the van!
First time to Santorini and we absolutely LOVED Pegasus, it is 5 star. The service was amazing, the breakfast was to die for and the rooms were lovely.
The views from every corner were postcard perfect and the rooms are exactly as shown on their website. Even the steps are gorgeous!
We had 4 days here and I almost cried when we finally had to leave. Excellent location you are a 20 minute walk outside of Fira but there are lovely restaurants just 1 minute up the caldera and a supermarket so you can buy delicious cheeses, meats and breads and picnic by the pool for lunch or dinner and watch the sunset.
I would definately recommend hiring a scooter for the whole time you are here so that you can whip around the whole island it is all worth seeing - Oia, Fira, The beaches Perissa and Red Beach we had an incredible time!! And go for a walk around Imervigoli it is awesome just wandering around the little streets and seeing where local people live.
The only negative was when we were leaving we tried to pay by credit card but it turned out there was a massive fault (not just at Pegasus) with credit card transactions and it was difficult to communicate this and get the bill sorted out but we got there in the end and realised that it wasn't Pegasus it was a much wider fault and they couldn't do anything about it.
Overall I would highly recommend Pegasus and would stay here again.
Yes there are steps up and down from the street to the pool & all the rooms are on levels up and down but you are staying on a cliff - I would be concerned about staying anywhere in Santorini that didn't have a lot of steps as you wouldn't get the incredible view!
We stayed in a superior studio and I would recomend you opt for this over a standard studio. Our room was large with a kitchenette and you had a nice large living space as you walked into the room and a lovely balcony with the incredible view where you could have breakfast served. Some of the standard studios looked very small and were set back and into the cliff so you wouldn't have the same experience at all. The pool was gorgeous and had all day sun we spent one whole day here and only left the hotel to buy supplies for lunch!

Never go to Pegasus Santorini

by TripAdvisor Member ancuta

Never go to this miserable place.
The internet site is made on the computer. It is not true.
This is not a 4 stars hotel, even 1 star is to much.

Enjoyed our stay at Pegagus Suites

by TripAdvisor Member EbbieSue

We picked Pegagus Suites Hotel for our week-long stay in Santorini based on Trip Advisors reviews from earlier this year. Prior to the reviews beginning in mid-September, this hotel received mainly praise and high marks, with a few minor criticisms. So, when we were looking for a caldera-facing hotel which matched our budget and also had availablity for our travel dates, Pegagus Suites seemed like a great find.

Coming back from our trip, I decided to write a review of our experience at Pegagus Suites, and that's when I read the very negative reviews from mid-September onwards. Clearly, these guests had some major issues with the hotel service, etc. and they have every right to complain and share this with Trip Advisor community. Having stayed at Pegagus Suites around the same time as many of these reviewers, I can certainly recognise (and appreciate) some of their criticisms. Nonetheless, I figured I should also present our experience-- both positive and negative-- to give another perspective.

Overall, we were quite happy with our holiday in Santorini and had a lovely time at Pegasus Suites. Based on the other hotels we saw on the island, I think Pegasus Suites is just sort of 'standard' Santorini accomodation-- this is why I have rated it as average based our observations of other hotels and the research we did prior to choosing this hotel.

Positives:
-Like everyone else stated, the view from the hotel is amazing-- the sunsets were breathtaking and we spent a lot of time just sitting on our balcony.
-Our room: We booked a Superior Studio and we actually got what we booked and never had to change rooms (thank God!). We had a spacious room, with a bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom. It was very clean and simply appointed. It's not luxurious, but we weren't expecting luxurious accomodations in this price range (we paid about 150 euros/night). No bathtub, but we knew in advance that we would not have one-- thankfully, the shower was spacious and had good water pressure. (Note, no 'music' or 'mini bar' as the website advertises, although I saw CD players in other rooms.)
-The location in Imerovigli-- I am so glad we did not pick a place in Oia or Fira, which are over-run with tourists and where hotels literally sit on top of each other. The benefit of Pegasus Suites' location is that it is located in a quiet part of the island, with no neighboring hotel or home on the left side and another small hotel on the right side. Yet, it's still within walking distance to Fira Stefani (5-10 min, restaurants) and Fira Centre (15-20, everything). There are also some great restaurants very close to the hotel, namely Imerovigli Taverna and Skaros. Finally, there are also three small grocery stores and a few car/ATV/moped rental places nearby. So, basically, it's a relaxed, mostly quiet location which is still located near enough to restaurants, shops and the centre of Fira.
-Staff: The hotel staff was always friendly and helpful. They made sure that all of our needs were met and gave us a lot of tips for restaurants and getting around the island. I sensed that they were all very tired by the end of the season-- having worked every day for 6,5 months straight in 12 hour shifts. So, I know they were all ready for some down-time, but they still managed to greet us with a smile and take care of our needs.
-Other: Hotel facilities/premise is well maintained. Room service/pool service prices are very reasonable and food was tasty. Pool is larger than most other neighboring hotel pools (albeit still small!), but it was not heated. No problem with the availability of the sunbeds or towels.

Negatives:
-Inconsistent service: This being said, whilst the staff was friendly and helpful, sometimes the service level was inconsistent. For instance, some days we had both morning and evening maid service and some days we only had morning maid service. We, like other guests, had to request toilet paper because it was not replenished regularly. Such inconsistencies aren't a big deal, but they are noticeable to guests especially on an extended holiday. Also, despite the website claiming that there is a bar, a snack bar and a pool bar, I didn't see any of them-- maybe they were closed for the season?
-Breakfast: I would suggest that you save yourself the 10 euros a day (per person) for the hotel-provided breakfast (yes, tinned fruit, bologna/spam sandwiches, etc) and just go around to the nearby market and bakery to load up on your own breakfast goods. You can save yourself some cash and likely have a much tastier, healthier breakfast. The only thing you will have to arrange is your coffee/tea-- as pointed out in other reviews, there aren't any water boilers in the room although a hot plate is provided. So, you might want to improvise.
-The Owner's treatment of the staff: The Owner visited the hotel a few times during the stay to 'oversee' some of the maintenance work around the premise. I don't speak Greek so I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I did listen to him yell at the staff often. I found this very unprofessional-- he would just sit on the balcony (or on a guest balcony) drink wine, smoke cigarettes and yell at the staff. Does not give the guests a very 'welcoming' feel and reflects poor on the hotel itself.
-Lack of privacy: The balconies and the rooms aren't really private since the hotel is sort of built into a cliff in a V-shape. This means that everyone walks by everyone else's rooms/balconies on their way to/from the pool or up to the road. Furthermore, you can see all of your neighbours on their balconies. We weren't too bothered by this as we knew what to expect, but if it's your honeymoon, then you probably want something with more privacy (and a little more luxury). Additionally, because of the layout of the hotel, voices 'carry'-- it was generally quiet in the mornings and the evenings, but during the day, we could hear everyone's conversations, including the staff , the owner, the other guests and the guests in the hot tub at the neighboring hotel.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member disko_volante

We loved the Pegasus suites.

Amazing view from our private terrace (room 2 -- at the top of the complex, so not very many stairs to contend with either!!)

Room was excellent ; great size with a little kitchen area.

We booked a superior room and were glad we did, the standard rooms sometimes have tiny little terraces, sometimes tucked away in alcoves with no view at all! We spent most of our time reading and sipping wine on our terrace, so were glad we had a good one.

Area of imerovigli is quiet, but we loved this. I've never been somewhere so tranquil before -- just you and the view! Having said that there are quite a few good restaurants within 5 mins walk, and all the shops you could want. Fira is a fair hop away -- took us about 20-30 mins, but what a walk! Lovely views with every step!

I would heartily recommend Pegaus suites.

Don't take a chance on this place!!! READ THIS REVIEW!

by TripAdvisor Member RobLacroix

When I read a hotel review I always pray that it is a fair assessment covering all aspects of the stay. Therefore, I endeavour to provide that whenever I write a review so people can have confidence in their decision making process. Pegasus Suites has some very good aspects, but it also has some shocking aspects that I suggest you take into account before booking with them. The positives of the hotel are that it has a beautiful location on the edge of the Santorini caldera. The views from the rooms are breathtaking. The pool at the hotel is very nice also and it has an adequate amount of complimentary comfortable sun beds. The rooms themselves are very clean, but of average comfort. The bathrooms are nice (however there is only a standing shower….no bathtub to soak in). The walk into Fira takes about 20 minutes which is ok. Now, here are the negatives of which the worst will be discussed last. The simple breakfast served is only on a 2 day rotation with some pastries, juice/coffee/tea, some bread with meat and some canned pineapple. There is not a lot of variety. The beds are very simple and quite hard. The pillows are not thick down filled, they are thin and synthetic which was a disappointment. The rooms have satellite TV, but only one channel is English which was not to good if you like a bit of entertainment before going to sleep. The worst thing about this hotel is that they overbook their rooms and when you get there, they may try to force you into staying a night or two in their sister hotel which is not even close to the same standards, nor is it a caldera view!! I had read a couple of reviews saying this, but I decided to take a chance and book a ‘superior room’ with Pegasus Suites for my honeymoon anyway. When we arrived, we were told that there was no room for us and that we could either go to another hotel or stay in their sister hotel free one night, then move back to Pegasus which was an inconvenience. To be fair, they also gave us a free bottle of champagne. However, at the end of the day, what Pegasus doesn’t understand is that people that are paying this much for a hotel want their reserved room to be available and don’t want major issues like this when arriving for a holiday. We were absolutely appalled that they don’t seem to use any kind of booking system which prevents this from happening. To make things worse, we were so worried about them doing this to us that we emailed them 1 week before my arrival to ensure that everything was confirmed and they replied (a person named Leftaris) that everything was. My wife and I felt lied to. In closing, I suggest looking at other caldera hotels (e.g. Sun Rocks) as they all have the same wonderful view and frankly you probably don’t want to take chances that Pegasus will screw up your booking. If you read several site reviews, you will come across other travellers who had the same experience. We think they do this on purpose to maximize bookings at the more expensive hotel. We will be contacting the main tourism office of Greece to report them. Hope this helps!

Great hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member tlemcke

As others have mentioned, there are lots of steps; 111 to our room at pool level. If you don't mind steps, and we don't, we probably had the best room in the house. The rooms and service are wonderful. Even the minibar and their snack bar (casual room service) are reasonably priced. The breakfast, included, is served on your semi-private terrace. What a great way to start the day. There are limited pool lounges and the pool is small but you have to expect that when the property is hanging on a cliffside. Before we went we didn't fully understand the location and how far from town to town so maybe this review will help you. The "road" Pegasus is more of a path passable by only people and scooters. It is about 200 yards in either direction to a road where cars can go. The path goes from Fira to Oia at the far north end of the island. We took the walk and it was a 3 hour+ trek; fun but long. Pegasus is in Imerovigli and about a 5-10 minute walk to Firostefani and 20 minutes to Fira. There are good restaurants in Firostefani but it is a lot smaller town than Fira. The path is cobblestone so I would encourage women with heels to keep them at home. The few women with them struggled to keep from falling.

Room with A View

by TripAdvisor Member Shamen

Booked the Honeymoon Suite at least 2 mths in advance through the Hotel Website with regular email contact even upto a week before ( for my Honeymoon ) and was disappointed to discover upon arrival that the room wasn't available, although the room given to me- Pegasus Suite ( at the same rate ) was very good. It became clear that they had let out the room i had booked but no apology or honest explaination of their error was ever forthcoming?
Having said that, the view was amazing, the staff very friendly and service good. I was somewhat puzzled by the smell of sewage from outside carried on the wind for a few hrs every day and still have no idea where it came from. The Hotel is in a good location within walking distance of shops and some good tavernas. Don't book through the hotel website, as seeing another customer complaining at reception, it seems that bookings through travel agencies get priority.

Overrated!

by TripAdvisor Member Katealice

My husband and I stayed for a week last week and were disappointed after reading great reviews on this site. As others have mentioned we were also in two rooms on our stay and 'up-graded' to the presidential suite on our first night which was actually a pain because we had to move the next day and because the room itself was damp and dark. The next morning started a list of niggling problems that frequented our stay. Our breakfast was delivered with a spilt orange juice all over the tray which was neither cleaned up or replaced until requested to what looked like to their surprise. Breakfast was average and included spam each day and tinned, not fresh fruit. The staff were noisily talking/shouting day and night by the pool which was otherwise perfectly tranquil. There is room service once not twice a day as they advertise, there are frequently not enough available towels for use by the pool, and the room shampoos are as cheap as they could find I think. This is the first time I have been compelled to write a review though I use this site a lot. Go to Santorini-it's fab, but not this place!

Below average

by TripAdvisor Member Ice_88

We had a lovely time in Santorini - it is our honeymoon. Beautiful place and the caldera view is magnificent. However, we were very dissappointed with the hotel service and the quality of the room - especially after reading through some of the good review from the website. The staff was not very friendly and is not very helpful - we did not feel very welcome at all during our 4days stay. The room was not up to mark considering the fact that we paid about 300euro a night - does not even come with a private balcony with a view. During the stay - we experienced electricity outage a couple of times which was very inconvenient. We tried the room service once and the food (pasta) was horrible.

However, the location of this hotel is perfect (close proximity to shops and restaurant). The view was fantastic but any hotel in the same area will have the same fantastic view as well. Visit santorini but we do not recommend this hotel.

Internet access in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini

by lancarra

How accessible is internet access is in Athens (The Park Hotel), Mykonos and on Santoini (Chromata Hotel). If the hotels do not have access, are there internet cafes in these places? My husband has to keep in touch with work as much as possible. I know that goes against the grain of "vacationing", but actually, it will keep him feeling like he's on top of things, and, therefore, more at ease! Thanks for your input!

RE: Internet access in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini

by jab4travel

Was in same situtation while traveling in Greece a couple of years ago. In Athens there should not be any problem finding a place to access the internet. In Santorini he may want to ask at the hotel if he pays for his time could he use their computer. I had to do this while in Santorini a week, for which the owners let me do it for free. Good Luck. Joe Boyer

RE: RE: Internet access in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini

by lancarra

Thanks, and I love your photo!

RE: Internet access in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini

by Yogues

Just got back from Athens and Santorini (you will love the Chromata Hotel - we stayed "down the block" at the Pegasus Suites and walked past the Chromata many times). There are several internet cafes in the Plaka area of Athens (I'm not sure where the Park Hotel is) and in Fira (20 - 25 minute walk from the Chromata) - I used the Lava Internet Cafe in Fira a few times (a few times more than my wife would have liked) - they charge 1.5 Euros for 15 minutes. The place I went in Athens charged 3 Euros per hour. Both had hight speed DHL connections.

Comments