3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Corfu Sea Gardens

Corfu Sea Gardens nice but......

by TripAdvisor Member markw4634

Corfu Sea gardens was nice but to start with due to over booking we were put into a hotel called South Coast around the corner and this place was Thomas Cook self catering hotel and this place was very bad. No shower curtain, thread bear sheets that had blood stains, bathroom flooded everytime you had a shower, a hand towel to dry in that was not changed during our stay and the room was dirty. We were taken here by a security guard at 4 in the morning and told to stay here. The owner of Corfu Sea Gardens found us 3 days later and told us we had a room at his hotel and the holiday got better. This was very common as it was getting towards the end of the season.

Corfu Sea Gardens facilities are quite good. The pool was good and the food was also very good. There was a good range of spirits although I would have to question the strength of the spirits. The rooms were nice and clean with regular towel changes and were equipted with tv, aircon and safety deposit boxes.

The entertainment was good with regular evening and day time entertainment. The staff were friendly and helpful too.

Corfu Sea Gardens was nice but being sent to South Coast at the start of our stay ruined a potentially good holiday.

Disgusting!

by TripAdvisor Member rabawn

CORFU SEA GARDENS ARE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. we went for our honeymoon, that place should be a 2 star never mind 4 star. rooms dirty, maids rude, entering rooms as they like, no privacy, food rank and repetative. No facilities available in case of bad weather. Kavos stinks, the sea resembled the mersey, the pool -50 celcius, wasp infestation all over the outdoor bar. Lots of people getting stung. Entertainment ok, some staff polite and courteous. The travel operators should be sent there as punishment! my advice......steer well clear of the place.

What a place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MIGSY1

Myself and my sister have just returned from a week at the Corfu Sea Gardens.

Before we travelled I was slightly apprehensive about going there due to the negative comments about the place, but thought due to it being 4*, it should be half decent. Let me tell you that this hotel was the best place that we have ever been to, and believe me, I personally have been to quite a few places around europe in my time and nothing comes close to this. Do not believe the negative ratings on this site, the hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before.

The staff were 1st class, friendly and professional. The pool area was immaculate with a big pool sorrounded by fantastic gardens all around the complex. Theres also a tennis court, 5-a-side football pitch and a basketball court if anyone wants to play a sporting activity while on holiday. This place is situated right on the beach and within 10mins of the Kavos strip (if you ever leave the hotel) I wouldn't recommend the beach though, looks man made but you do have the watersports available right on your doorstep if you so wish to use. Rooms were basic but had everything that was needed on a holiday. Food was good, a mixture of English (75%) and Greek (25%), wide selection of juices/fizzy drinks and also wine/beers. Entertainment was hilarious and good fun, 8-9pm for the kids and 9-11pm for the adults.

Whenever I go away on holiday I tend to never stay within the grounds of the hotels of which I have stayed in, however, it was completely different here. We did 3 daily excursions in the week we were away (Paleakastitsa Town, Corfu Town and a boat trip to Paxos and the Antipaxos Islands), every other time we stayed at the hotel due to having everything we could wish for back at the hotel. It was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel as everything about the place was fantastic.

We paid £334 each for flights and a twin room on an all-inclusive deal (no transfers), taxi transfers from the airport was 60Euro (£40) each way.

Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am quite fussy! Perhaps not the most convenient if you want to be right on the Kavos strip for all the bars and clubs however the start of the strip is about a quick 10mins walk, if you know where you are going. Due to this venue, I would say that this is in my overall top 2 destinations that I have visited, if it wasn't this hotel, Corfu would just have been another holiday, I'll always remember this place and will definatelly be back to the Corfu Sea Gardens.

holiday nightmare!

by TripAdvisor Member holl

This was my second visit to Kavos ( I should have learned my lesson the first time) the corfu sea gardens on approach looked on the outside a really nice hotel and we booked in fine, when we ventured down to the pool for the first time it looked really nice again so we put our towels down and put on the sun cream and got ready for a relaxing 10 days, then it became attack of the killer wasps I have never seen so many wasps in my life and when you have a one year old child to look after these really made life a misery, the poor staff behind the bar I was apprehensive about getting a drink because of fear of being stung the wasps around them, unbelieveable. The food at first seemed ok but as time went by the more depressing and dreadful it got, drinks were very weak and you could drink all day and be sober by the end, there were limits on drinks and the entertainment team were very poor, the girl katy who sounded like a cat drowning when she sung and the skinny lad with blonde hair who just hated kids (though acted as though he did) ,could have made a better effort. Kavos town centre is a hovel but I already knew this from past experience and we only ventured down a couple of times, we met a few nice people whilst there but we all had the same views on the hotel. At night if you didnt get a wasp sting in the day then the mosquitos were definately gonna come and get you at night, I was bitten over fifty times in one night on my back and some people had to have injections because they had been bitten so much. The beach was a definate no go area radioactive sea and disgusting sand you couldnt have paid me to get anywhere near it . This holiday was supposed to be enjoyable and relaxing instead we couldnt wait to come home. Anybody who rates this place as a nice hotel with good facilities really needs to get away a bit more do not go to this hotel or kavos, take that from someone who has been twice and from someone who will never go to corfu again.

Ok hotel - could be better though.

by TripAdvisor Member Bigfootpete

First of all this is more a 3 star than a four - I stayed there from the 18th to the 24 of Sep. In that time I think the towels got changed twice - and I think the sheets changed once.

Now the person who thought their shower was full of rust was incorrect - it was Calcium, this place has got the hardest water I have ever seen! I managed to get a lot of it out of the shower head so that it wasn't spraying water all over the place. We ignored the notice about the bad plumbing and flushed plenty of paper down the loo - I think only when the place is really busy then they may have a problem...

We had a twin room on the ground floor, and could hear some woman upstairs clomping around in very noisy heels, and the entertainment goes on until midnight everynight - so no chance of an early night! one night a large group of people were singing swing low sweet chariot until 1am, inconsiderant prats.
The beds were a bit worn but very comfy (never had a problem with my back like I normally do).

We never stayed to watch the entertainment put on by the reps, although would have liked to see the greek dancing, but that was put on the night we arrived (we got in at 1.30am). If you like singsongy evenings then you may like it.
The drinks however (apart from the beer) were so watered down that you could probably drink the vodka straight and not get drunk...
The reps started at 11am and were supposed to finish at 3.30 but were usually gone before 3, and didn't really see much of them in that time either, the activities were pretty unexciting (killer darts, pool, table tennis).
Food was pretty good - they aren't into keeping it very hot though.
Excellent baclava dessert - best I've tasted.

Pool is nice - but the sunbeds have no padding and aren't so comfortable, most people spent 5 euros to buy an inflatable lilo, which we discovered they were dumped around the side by the pool tables every night when people left them behind - so we could have got them free!

The beach is more like a B" - it is only about 3 metres wide and not that nice, there is a good water-sports platform 30seconds away - that you get discounts for (although only found out after I had used it!) and there is a jetski place 5 minutes up the beach.

Kavos centre is about a 15 minute walk away and you cannot hear it from the hotel, they also serve watered down cocktails, but at least they are cheap. There are other hotels that are closer, but they are a lot smaller and don't seem to do all inclusive. (they were pretty much empty).
The supermarket that is a 2 minute walk away has good prices for excursions (do not use the rep at the hotel - they charge 10 euros more on average per trip).

Oh, we had a lot of wasps around as well - due to it being grape picking time and there had been some rain (excellent thunderstorms - mostly away from us though).

The Greeks are all very friendly and welcoming too.
Oh - if you go to Corfu town then the horse and cart trip around the minor back streets isn't very good - and 25 euros!
And if you go to Aqualand - be prepared to get a bruised back from the slides, you don't get any mats to use and they aren't that slippery, and the walkways are painful to walk on in bare feet.

not really for me

by TripAdvisor Member syncmaster123

I was also placed in the nextdoor hotel but we got moved to the main resort after the weather forecast said there were chances of flooding...great! The room was fine, spacious and clean. There was however a nasty smelly around some areas that made you gag if you wern't careful! The hotel was pretty much full of English people and the town of Kavos itself is actually pretty grim unless you were young and ready to go out on a huge booze up! If you are the type of person who wants to go away then walk into town to watch Eastenders or Emmerdale then you are pretty sad, but you can do it in Kavos. That was the biggest turn off of this place, there is no way you can embrace Greek Culture, its just a mini, dirtier England in a foreign country, quite embarassing really. But that is what some people like so it could be perfect for you, but if your over the age of 30 I really wouln't bother. The daily chav count rose cosiderably every day as well! The all inclusive deal was pretty good, very friendly bar staff and the drinks were great and I really liked all the food provided. The actual resort entertainment was a little lame, not my cup of tea but the girls that ran it were so hot it made it all good!!
The "beach" of the resort is small and man made and the sea water there wasn't that clean, so we walked down the road to the next beach was pretty awful as well, and don't get me started on the wasps, there are hundreds aggh!!!!!
hope this review helps.....Cheers

Its not that bad!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ju1es22

We stayed here 22 September untill the 30, it was a cheap week away for me and my boyfriend!

I am a travel agent for going places and have always been told if pay for a cheap holiday not to exspect a lot!

We went on the all inclusive package we only paid £260 for the week, yes ok it did smell horribly, our room was next to the basket ball court and it really smelt we couldnt sit out on our balcony!

The food was great a lot of variety but i mostly ate lamb that was delicious, the entertainment was ok but we mostly left early and walked into Kavos! The cocktails were nice but not a lot of variety unless you wanted to pay for any!

Our room was clean and spacious which is all you can ask, the
maid was friendly and didnt usually come round untill about 12
which gave us time to sleep!

I would recommend this hotel to young groups of lads or girls that just want a base for the day and as its all inclusive and not far from Kavos, and not forgetting sooo cheap.

Dont go the end of September though it rained nearly all week so i came back lovely and white, the wasps were diening off so a lot of people were being stung, i hate wasps so i tried to stay clear of the pool bar!

I dont think id go again only because i didnt really like the resort, its more like Blackpool which some people may like but not me!

its ok.

by TripAdvisor Member rob-s.wales

me and my girlfriend stayed there for 1 week a/i from 29/09/06 we got there at about 4:30 in the morning. its no where near a 4star hotel its more top end of 2 star macs. the rooms where nice and clean it was only 1 day we didn't av our towels changed. the food was terrible, drinks only 2 pp at a time and they were givin to you in plastic cups like from vending m... ! if u dont like wasps dont go to corfu in may or september because they are everywhere never seen so many. only good thing to come out of stay there was meeting a load of swansea women and a couple from manchester, shaun & becky who got engaged out there. and we won raffle out there 959euros so that paid for the holiday. so shaun & becky if you read this thanks for couple of days we spent together & good luck to the years ahead for the both of you. P.S have good [---] up ok. all the best rob & helen. s.wales

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member k33wud

Stayed there from 6th Oct - 13th Oct. Animation team were a good laugh near my age too so went out drinking with them after the shows and free booze. Food was awful - if you dont like chips or pasta you're pretty much screwed. All staff are Polish but very friendly considering they get paid **** all.

Wasps were annoying they were everywhere which meant relaxing round the pool was very difficult. During the night I was ok as the mossies hadnt taken to me, my mate on the other hand got abused. He had 71 bites on his back alone and therefore went into anaphalactic shock. Had to have an injection but the hotel doc was very nice.

All in all it is a very nice hotel but the food and insects make it a nightmare.

Dont believe the negative comments - was lovely!

by TripAdvisor Member sheepfan

We arrived prepared for a week of average facilities and were really pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, air-conned and with a TV and furnished in a simple style that was all we needed.
The buildings were freshly and attractively painted in pastel colours that really appealed. The pool was superb and perfectly maintained and the entertainment staff worked hard to keep us happy - and they succeeded. Their singing and dancing were quite superb and the leisurely, laid-back morning games were ideal. The kids had a marvelous time, too, playing happily and being very well catered-to.
The beach was not up to much but we can hardly blame the hotel for the island's beach, can we? Nevertheless we had fun in the clear water, trying in vain to catch one of the many fish there. We also played boules on the beach, and everyone was happy.
The meals were varied, fresh and plentiful and i need now to diet!
Yes, there are midges about but we were out of the wasp-season. We simply used anti-midge spray and used a device that killed and deterred them at night in the room - hardly an effort and again, not the hotel's fault if the natural environment produces midges.
We'd go back like a shot but not midseason when the hordes are there. We'd wait for the quieter time again where we have a chance to really relax and get to know fellow guests. We didnt hear one critical comment during our week, by the way. Everyone was really happy and pleased.
The only downside? Corfu airport! That was Trial by Queue! Bring drinks and food and prepare to be confused, tired from standing around and send a scout to locate your flight's queue!

Baby G'sBaby G's