PO Box 4101, Kolimbia, 85103, Greece

More about Atlantica Imperial Resort

perfect setting

by TripAdvisor Member janetStaffordshire

Have just returned from Atlantica Imperial Rhodes. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you are made to feel special. Thomson Gold have their own 'check in' desk. Ours was a standard room but very spacious and kept in a spotless condition. The interior of the hotel was lovely, air conditioned, and kept beautiful .All the staff from the waiters down to the reps were extremely helpful, the pool bar staff in particular worked so hard. I can't fault the food- lots of choice at breakfast, lunch also was excellent and the evening meal the same (my diet went out of the window). I would strongly recommend the 'all inclusive option' as this was very good value.

The pool area was divine - a perfect setting. We managed to get sunbeds which overlooked the beach - but you have to be up early!!!!!! they go very quickly.

I agree with other reviews that Kolymbia is very quiet with only a few small bars and shops, but we tended to stay in the hotel during the evening as the Reps really did go to great lengths to keep us entertained.

We only stayed a week - another few days would have been great as it really is a beautiful hotel with staff who work very hard. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - everyone came to see us off when we left - even the cook came to wave goodbye as well as the manager!!!!!

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Menis

My husband and I have just spent two weeks at the Atlantica Imperial. I was worried that after all the reviews I'd read that it wouldn't live up to the high expectations I had - but I needn't have worried. It's a fabulous resort and the staff really went out of their way to make the stay special.

We had a junior suite which had its own sunbeds and looked straight out on to the beach. Trying to get a sunbed round the pool was always a challenge - they say they don't allow towels on beds before 8am but that's not true. It was the one thing that spoilt our holiday but if we didn't want to set the alarm and get up to reserve a bed at least we could sunbathe outside our room.

The food was excellent - I'm not a buffet person but there was so much choice and it was all such good quality; I actually preferred it to the two meals we had in the a la carte restaurant. They even let you order picnics for days when you were away from the hotel and when you collected them each morning they were given to you in a hard cool box which was ideal for keeping everything cool for the day.

I would definitely recommend the all inclusive option. I couldn't actually understand why people wouldn't opt for this - at 20 Euros per person per day and with a Coca Cola costing 4 Euros or a bottle of wine costing upwards from 14 Euros, it was excellent value. They always served bottled water at your table for lunch or dinner and round the pool you were able to get small bottles of water. There was also bar service at the pool when the bar wasn't busy. It was a shame that there weren't bar stools round the bar - apparently they'd been taken away this season - because it actually detracted from the comrarderie that develops at the bar each evening. However, after the evening entertainment was over the bar on the reception level has bar stools and is a good place to go.

The swimming pool is very cold - we've not been to a resort where the water in the pool is so cold but once you'd got over the initial shock and the goose bumps had died down, it was quite pleasant. It was a shame though that the whirlpool was the same temperature as you would expect that to be much warmer.

The staff went out of their way to be helpful - even, as the previous review said, coming out to wave us off. You really felt that they cared whether you'd enjoyed your holiday.

The Thomson entertainment reps were FANTASTIC and all activites - either during the day or in the evening - were done with such gusto. You really didn't need to leave the hotel in the evening to have fun.

We hired a car for a week so we could tour the island - I would recommend using one of the car hire companies just outside the hotel as they're much cheaper than Thomson. We drove up to Rhodes Town and bought our own tickets across to Marmaris - again much cheaper than doing it through Thomson.

We will definitely return - I just hope the hotel doesn't change!

Beware!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SAS13

I stayed at the Atlantica Imperial Beach Resort in Oct. 2005 for one night. I was supposed to stay for three nights, but...

It was a NIGHTMARE! I arrived at 10 p.m., after a $50 taxi ride (yikes!). This hotel is located far from Rhoades/Rodos Town, but I thought it would be worth it because they advertise SAND beaches--see photos for the pebble beach. They also falsely advertise other things--see below.

I ate a "complimentary" meal (more like a cold, sad snack) in the overcrowded bar, with people smoking everywhere around me (yuck). I was taken to my room by a golf cart with a goofy, confused employee, known as the "night guard." He chose the wrong room first, then we opened the door to the correct room. I couldn't believe how HOT the room was! When I asked the guard where the air conditioning was, he said that they don't have a/c after Oct. 1. My room was over 90 and humid--and the only option was to open the sliding glass doors. I did that, and was inundated with millions of mosquitos a few minutes later. I had left the room's "fan" on and taken a cold shower, but the room was hotter than it was before. The man at the front desk said there wasn't another room that they could give me because they were completely booked.

I called down to the front desk, and they confirmed that there is no a/c available, period. They said they'd send a regular floor fan up to my room, which they did--after I called 4 times (!!!) and waited almost two hours. It was now 2:30 a.m. and I was angry, hot and tired. The fan simply blew the hot air around and I got no sleep.

The web-site promises "private" suntanning areas for beach-front suites. The suites aren't on the beach front--there's a road between the rooms and the beach. There is no privacy--the sun lounges are right next to the neighbors, and on the road, and the beach is NOT sandy--it's ROCKY! On top of that, my room's woodwork was falling apart, and there was a huge stain on my marble floor, which no one had even tried to cover up. Why not put a rug over it?

This hotel is full of tour groups from Germany, who are loud, annoying, and crass. I went for breakfast in the restaurant, and it was even hotter than my room was.

When I checked out, the manager refused to talk to me, and I was promised that I wouldn't be charged for the nights that I wasn't staying there. When I returned home, I discovered an additional $291 on my credit card bill, billed without my approval, and against their promise that I would not be charged. I am currently working with VISA to try to resolve this dispute.

Do not go to this hotel--they will cheat you and you will not enjoy your stay. I went to a budget hotel (the Rhoades Beach Hotel) near Rhoades Town and stayed the next two nights. It was only 45 Euros/night, and they put the a/c on for me before I even arrived. They are supposed to charge 6 Euros for a/c per night, but said they were making an exception for me, and that my other hotel should have done the same thing. Although this hotel wasn't the cleanest or fanciest I've seen, they were kind, respectful, friendly, and my room was cool and wonderful. The view of the beach was lovely too, and it was located a short walk from the historic Rodos Town. Do yourself a favor and stay near Rodos Town, if you go to Rhoades at all.

Great Food

Ok this a very up market hotel with great food. The Thompson entertainment staff were top class but the follow up hotel singer was not so good. The bar staff were friendly and so were the waiter and waitress for dinner and breakfast. The pool was very clean and spacious. The only down side to this hotel would be the fact the alcholic drinks were not up to the local bars and resturant standards, ie the cocktails were very weak but the beer was ok. I went all inclusive and I would recommend this to anyone staying. The food realy was 1st class.

Gorgeous Mediterranean Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Shanno497

We spent part of our Honeymoon here after being upgraded from the Atlantica Princess. The Imperial has actual sand beach while the Princess has mostly rock beaches. The property was immaculate and high quality, the food was SUPERB, and the views were to die for. There was a bus stop right outside the hotel doors and it was always on time for the few times we actually left this beautiful hotel. GREAT for honeymooners

Lovely Hotel, but....

This hotel is indeed lovely with beautiful grounds, public areas and swimming pool. We paid for a sea view but when we went out on to the balcony, we could only see a small amount of the sea because there was a block of hotel rooms right in front of us. These had been designed in such a way that the roof did not have an apex. However when we were sitting on the balcony we could hardly see the sea at all. I feel that our room should not have been classified as having a sea view. We paid 60 euros to have use of the fridge and safe for the 2 weeks we were there. We did not upgrade to all-inclusive. The cost of this was 20 euros per person, per day. We are not drinkers and felt that 40 euros daily for both of us was a bit much. However, we were in the minority over this and most people were on the all-inclusive option. Be warned however, that the cost of drinks in the hotel is vastly overpriced - so much so that we took to going into the nearby restaurants and cafes for our snacks and drinks. If you do do this, visit Memories Cafe Bar in the main street in Kolymbia. It is owned and run by Peter, his wife Chrysoula and Peter's brother Lefteris. We were always made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them.

We talked to one cafe owner (not Memories) who said how difficult it was to survive. This was because hotel guests were not spending in the town but staying in the hotels as they were on the all-inclusive option.

We found the food in the hotel to be somewhat lacking. We are basing this opinion on previous experience of staying in the same class of hotel. We have certainly come across more variety and better cooked food. As the season was coming to an end whilst we were there, we also found that certain food disappeared from the table never to be replaced. We got the distinct impression that everything was being run down.

We found the staff friendly and helpful and the hotel clean. Our standard room was very spacious and the bed very large.

We used the local buses to visit Rhodes and Lindos both of which were well worth a visit. The bus stops right outside the hotel and the cost is 2.70 euros per person each way.

No Crackers !

by TripAdvisor Member triploverLondon

Overall this is a very good hotel, in a picturesque setting, within a bay that is framed by a mountain on one side. All rooms face the sea but ours was one of a few that had uninterrupted views of the beach, sea and mountain with the benefit of the morning sun setting you up nicely for the day.
The hotel was probably only half full for what we subsequently realised was the final week of the year. This was pleasant in terms of creating a relaxing atmosphere around the hotel since you never felt rushed in terms of finding a sunbed/table etc. Previous visitors advised the sunbed and dining experience wasn't so good when the hotel was full during most of the summer period.
Rooms are modern, cleaned daily and well laid out.
The cabaret team were excellent, led by the superb "Big Matt".

Service in the restaurants, lobby bar was good but let down in some areas such as the pool bar where some of the the staff need the "charm school initiative".

Food lacked the variety and quality of a top hotel, not helped when certain items such as fresh orange juice, some wines and even crackers for cheese suddenly ran out ! We had a good laugh about the nightly "cracker search" with some guests even bringing their own ! but you do feel a tad disappointed when you know that things weren't replenished because it was the last week !

This is a lovely hotel in a nice setting but sitting on it's laurels because of it - if they improved the food and overall service it would be an overall excellent hotel - then I would definitely come back.

Great ....but.....

A really nice hotel - good food and entertainment team.

Beware of three things:

1. Drinks prices excessive - suggest fully inclusive is best option.

2. No air conditioning in October - despite high temperature and guest requests hotel declined to put back on - and it was cetainly needed - spoilt holiday for us

3. As we went at end of season - hotel had taken a block booking from overseas games club to fill up rooms - these guests became rather dominant.

fab place

Me and my hubby came to this hotel to have some time on our own from the three kids, It's a great hotel we had lots of fun and the poeple working there and staying were al very nice everyone was helpfull as well. After being married for 15 years we both are very glad we spent our anniversary there and would like to go back one day. The food was very nice and having paid for the drinks already we drank lots it was a very fun holiday and anyone going will enjoy it.

Comments