4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 186% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Club Atlantica Aegean Blue

Abit of a let down!!

by TripAdvisor Member yorky75

We stayed at this hotel 23rd September to 8th October 2006 and was very impressed with the superb food and service we got from all of the hotel staff. Im gonna break it down into sections about what i thought of our experence at the Atlantica Aegean Blue Beach Resort with scores outta ten

Rooms

Really nice and clean and spacous ,Only problem we had was that the hotel switched the aircon off on the 1st Oct which is stated when we firsted booked but our Rep "David" sorted this out and had it switched back on for us. (9-10)

Food

Out of this world!! really enjoyed all the food,the chiefs are excellent so are all the waiters. (10-10)

Pools

Brilliant pool for all ages but they are abit on the cold side but no complaints on the pools. We had many hours of fun there
(10-10)

Bars

Excellent again with superb service from all the waiters especially Nikos and the lovely Linda who is of course British Yay!! if your a brit hehe..(10-10)

Location

This hotel is very remote from anywhere even the town of Kolmbia is a good 10-15 minute walk from the hotel,but once your in Kolmbia you must check out the Memories bar which is very cheap and the guys who run are a great laugh with English music & Football if you need to get away from the german infested hotel which does drive you nuts!!. (7-10)

Kids Club

My eldest son really enjoyed his time at the kids club with Loopy Lorna and Krazy Kayleigh. They tried really hard with all the activities but on the down side the english children didn't have as much as the german kids to do, which was again down to the german animators but for really trying i am going to give them (10/10)

Entertainment

Now to the part which ruined our holiday...This is the sole factor that lets this hotel down.

Everything is all in german, they couldn't even be bothered to try to get our young kids involved in the daily/nightly actvities that where run by the German animators.
Out of 14 nights we are only entertained i'd say twice coz the 2 lounge singers where awfull but on the only two night which we enjoyed where the karaoke which was a great laugh at the German's murdering classics like "Wonderwall" but we all got involved and enjoyed the night.

On a plus side there is two english animators Nichola & Linsley which tried there best to get us involved in the days sport actvities and bingo.

There where also a Quiz night run by David the Thomson Rep..

So most nights we went outta the hotel and went into Kolimbia for music and entertainment which is poor if you payed for a hotel with full family enterainment so thats why im givin this a very poor (5/10) and thats being kind coz the English animators and rep did try there best to keep us all happy but even the English animators admitted that the Germans didn't want them involved anywhere near the stage so that says alot really.

All in all great hotel let down by ignorant Germans who can't be bothered with english kids.

Rgds

Les York from Worksop England

North Aegean islands

by volopolo

A group of seven islands on the North East corner of the Aegean sea, including:

Hios, Ikaria, Lesvos, Lemnos, Samos, Samothrace and Thassos.

Here you can swim in crystal clear Aegean blue waters. The north Aegean islands have retained their traditional character and charm

Great holiday hotel

by TripAdvisor Member calicojo

We stayed from 4th to 11th October 2006 and were highly impressed by the Hotel as a whole. The rooms were a good size, very clean and bright, and air conditioned.
The service was second to none, all the staff being friendly and pleasant, and only too happy to help at any time.
The food....wonderful. Chefs actually cooking some of it in the Restaurant and serving it directly on to your plate. I don't think we actually saw half of what was on offer every night, but we were not even once disappointed in a meal. And in between there were very tempting snacks on offer all day and evening.
The children's entertainment continued through the day and evening, and there was entertainment most nights in the Lounge area for the adults.
We can't praise the Hotel enough, and for the price we paid, it was a bargain. well done to all staff and management, we will certainly return to the Aegean Blue.

No Entertainment if your english, but otherwise very nice

by TripAdvisor Member The_Goats_Warwick

Me and my girlfriend have just returned after a week at this hotel. I must stress that if you are english and have children, this hotel is best avoided.

Entertainment
The evening entertainment is almost 100% german, with very little for English children and adults to do. I lost count of the number of children running about in the main bar, as there is nothing for them to do in the evening. One family had only been there 3 days, the young lad seemed quite deflated with the lack of entertainment.
We spent most evenings in the bar playing cards (with a number of other english couples), which got boring towards the end of the week. The holiday was designed to be relaxing, so we weren't looking for a mad one (but even we found the entertainment soley lacking).

Food
The food is very good, and I can't really fault it. There is a very large selection of food for all tastes, and the quality of the food was excellent. Warning to vegetarians however . . . They often got the lables the wrong way around, so Vegetarian dishes were actually meat dishes. This happened to my Fiance twice, which was quite annoying.
You get the option of a free a la carte menu, which is well worth taking. Although I asked for Pork Skews, and the meat was rather pink. This was the only time I had a problem with the food, and my Fiance's meal was fine.

Swimming Pool
The Pools are very nice, clean and have loads of room. But there are no lifeguards around the pool. I found this quite surprising for a family hotel, so be aware of that.

Sun Beds
Oh god, I thought the Germans and sunbeds were a stereotype (but how wrong could I be). If you want a sunbed, you will need to be up and about before 8. Otherwise towels are all over the sunbeds, and you won't stand a chance. This was really annoying, and is caused by the fact sunbeds on the beach cost 3 euros each.

The Beach
I really enjoyed the beach and the sea. Probably my favorite part, as I found a love for snorkaling. The beach is very stony, but the water is very nice and clean. I spent hours snorkaling and looking at the fish.
Beware the sea becomes VERY deep, very quickly. This is not a place for kids to be unattended, as the are no life guards or warning flags.
Sunbeds also cost 3 euro each, so a beach towel is the best bet on the beach.

Overall it is a very nice hotel, but mainly aimed at the Germans for entertainment. If your looking for a quiet and releaxing holiday, this is fine. But if you have English children and want evening entertainment, it's best avoided.

fantastic! loved it so much... just a few problems!

by TripAdvisor Member sophielou

this hotel is brilliant. my boyfriend and i arrived at the hotel at 4am and the staff were friendly and very fast at getting us checked in. the porter helped us with our bags after out tiring journey. all very friendly and efficient!

the food is absolutely gorgeous, so much choice and it's so delicious. they have italian, greek and spanish evenings in the restaurant so you get a real difference every night! i suggest you try the feta salad! it's the most delicious salad every! i don't have children of my own but i even noticed how much the children were enjoying their very own mini buffet with all their favourite foods! very geared up for families with babies, children and teens, couples and even singles. there really is something for everyone in this hotel!

the room was absolutely lovely. Complete with a safe, a mini fridge with welcoming sandwiches and drinks! lots of channels on the television! more than you would expect abroad, not that you will want to watch tv in this wonderful hotel! the bathroom was lovely, very swish and clean.

the pool area was wonderful, it is very big, very clean, lots of fun but very very cold!!!! this is good though because of the heat! the only thing my boyfriend and i had a big problem with is that there are alot of hornets or large bees (not sure which) flying around the pool area, as i am allergic to bee and wasp stings this was very unerving for me, but it didn't seem to bother most people. I think it must have been the amount of food people were eating around the pool area. the pool is directly next to a shingle beach which is very clean and pleasent. the water is so warm and clean and there are alot of water sports. you can also hire sun loungers for a very small charge for the day.

it is quite a long walk to the bus stop and the buses don't run very often, but times can easily be found at reception where the staff are very very helpful. a word of advice for people going to this hote with thomson: DO NOT go on their excursions, they will try to sell you them at the start of the holiday, but me and my boyfriend found that you can make your way to the places they tell you about very easily on your own for a quarter of the price! don't listen to the reps, they will try and sell you overpriced bus journies and tours which you can easily find for yourself!

the entertainment was very mediocre for english people but amazing for the germans. if you speak german it's fantastic!!! but they do nothing in english. it's quite easy to find your own entertainment though, so don't let this put you off. the two bars are lovely to sit at in the evenings.

overall we had a great time and i would reccomend this hotel to anyone. it's suitable for every age!

Great family hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member chrishann

Just returned from our holiday at the Atlantica Blue and had a wonderful family holiday there.
As in other reports all the hotel staff were absolutely fantastic from management to the cleaning staff. They simply couldn't do enough for you and were so friendly. The cleanliness of the hotel was A1 as was the food albeit that lunchtimes were predictable. The A'la carte was heaven and although you are only supposed to visit it once during your'e stay, depending how busy they are, you can as we did, dine there twice. Just be prepared to buy a better bottle of wine and leave a tip for the excellent service, and yes they even have a childrens menu. The hotel even had a tour of the facilities which included the kitchens, what more can I say.Although this is traditionally a family hotel couples shouldn't be put off if you don't mind kids playing in the pools (hotel towels provided) and activities provided.
The facilities are more than good; tennis, football, basketball courts, table tennis, games room, archery, and fitness room.
Just to correct some previous reviews, this is an international hotel.Not all it's clientel are German. When we were there about 50% were German, the rest being made up of Dutch, Swiss, Austrian, French, Italian, even Russian as well as us Brits, and if you take the time to speak to them you will find that they're English is far beyond our ability to speak they're language.
Yes most of the evening entertainment is in German but it doesn't take a brilliant mind to understand it, and our son of only 6 years often sat at the side of the stage to watch and laugh at the sketches they performed. Perhaps not the best but they tried hard.
Special mention to the newly appointed Thompson Rep David who always took time to speak and get to know you. He also introduced a walk up to the shopping area with you (15 mins) and a quiz night which was great fun.
Also a double commendation to Krazy Kayleigh and Loopy Lorna the Kidzone Reps who did a wonderful job and gave the parents some adult time to eat A'la carte or for a little peace and quiet, but most of all the kids loved them.
To conclude, my partner and I have been lucky to travel worldwide mostly staying in 4 star, sometimes 5 star, before having family and we have tried to emulate this into a family holiday where standards were high. THIS IS IT! So if this is your'e idea of a great holiday and want value for money, SSH !don't tell anyone else.

Fabulous hotel entertainment needs to improve

by TripAdvisor Member PUDSEY

We have just returned from a 2 weeks holiday in this excellent hotel, I tavelled with my husband and 5 year own daughter. I would recommend this hotel, the only downside is the entertainement, however when we we there 2nd Aug -16th Aug two English entertainers (Shaine and Nicola) were employed by the hotel to address this problem. Understandably things aren't going to change overnight as the TUI's (German Reps), have had the monopoly for so long and did not like the fact, that two talented British entertainers have been brought in. The problem's weren't helped by the attitude of the German reps, I did complain to the hotel and I have to say things were definatlely starting to improve towards the end of our holiday. English/French\Italian children were being invited/encouraged to join in with various daytime activities and they started to announce the daytime animation programme in other languages rather than just German.

The British entertainers were excellent and arranged various activities throughout the day, unfortunatlely they were not given the oppurtunity to arrange a show during our stay, their first show is going to be tonight 21st August, we are so sorry we will not be there as they are so talented.

Now for the food absolutely excellent, the choice was amazing, food was always hot, the drinks were excellent, they were very generous with the alcohol!!! Children even had their own cocktails.

The A' La Carte, is well worth a visit Dimitrius was so lovely with the children and his magic trick with the hot towels always went down well!!!!

The rooms were spotless and the maid service was second to none, the maid used to shape our nighties into fans, a nice little touch.

Our Thomson rep David was excellent, he was aware of the entertainment issues and so arranged a quiz each Sunday evening in his own time, this was very well supported and a good night, and we could understand!!!!

The Kids Zone reps(Lorna and Kayleigh) worked hard, and they arranged mini disco's again in their own time. The evening clubs were very appreciated by parents, they would take the children for dinner, which meant the adults could have some time on their own.

At the moment this hotel is advertised as 4 star, if the entertainment was sorted this would deserve a 5 star rating.

Would we return? Absolutley!!!!

A Great Holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member c_lawrenceuk

My boyfriend and I are just back from a weeks stay at this hotel and couldn't fault the accomodation or staff at all!

The hotel in general was very clean, the rooms were nice and bright and a good size. There were several pools to choose from including a jacuzzi, and we had no trouble getting sunbeds each day on our way to breakfast.

We arrived at about 10 in the evning and had been left sandwiches in the fridge along with crisps, bottles of water and several bottles of fizzy drink which was nice and they also provided 'snacks' in the restaurant between 11pm and midnight.

Being a slightly fussy eater I was a little worried about the food beforehand, but the choice of food each lunchtime and evening was brilliant, and they had themed nights twice a week, i.e. chinese and mexican, and the A La Carte restaurant is well worth a visit.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is a good 15 to 20 minute walk from the resort centre, but being All Inclusive we didn't find that this was too much of a problem. There's a small supermarket actually at the hotel and another supermarket about 2 mins walk away. There's also mini golf just around the corner.

It was a bit of a shame that the evening entertainment was all in German, but the Thomson rep David and the Kidszone reps Lorna and Kayleigh were great and put on a quiz night for the English.

Rhodes Town is well worth a visit and only 30 mins away. We did the Thomson Light of the Lanterns excursion which takes you into Rhodes Town and out from there on a boat around the harbour. We only wished that we'd had more time to actually explore the town itself...and do some shopping!

We also spent a day at the waterpark in Falaraki which was ok, not as nice as some of the waterparks on the other Greek Islands though.

Our flight home was mid evening and it was no trouble to get a courtesy room to shower and change in late afternoon.

All in all a great holiday - we would definitely recommend this hotel!

As good as the reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Rollercoasteraddicts

I have never submitted a review to a website before, but having decided to go to this hotel having read the reviews I felt I had to add my own.
The hotel really is as good as everyone is saying. We have been to many places with our family (two adults two teenage children), usually staying in at least four star hotels, and this was one of the best we have stayed at.
The food was superb, with excellent service (make sure you take advantage of the a la carte restaurant once a week).
The pools were spectacular, with plenty of sunbeds and were kept spotless.
The grounds lead directly to the beach, which again was clean and relatively quiet (do go snorkelling to see the fish). There is even a drinks kiosk just before you reach the beach so that you can pop back for refreshments without having to trek all the way back to the bar. It was this kind of attention to detail that made all the difference.
We made full use of all the all inclusive facilities, including archery lessons, bike rides, evening quizzes etc.
There have been comments about the bias towards German based entertainment. We didn't find this a problem as they were more than happy for us to join in. (In fact the hotel is now addressing this issue by recruiting 2 dedicated english entertainment hosts)
Perhaps our only criticism would be that the evening entertainment could have been better - but this really a minor point relative to the overall excellence of this hotel.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Aly22

My boyfriend and I spent two weeks at this hotel in October. Before I book any holiday I always check out tripadvisor and once again I wasn't dissapointed.

The thing that impressed us above all was the excellent service we received from the ever pleasant staff. Nothing was ever too much trouble. We arrived late on Saturday night, went up to our room only to find that we had been given twin beds. This isn't the end of the world except that we had paid for a double room. I went down to reception in the morning and explained the situation and she said that they would of course move us, so after breakfast the porter came and moved us to another room. When we got there we realised it was again a twin room, so I phoned reception. The receptionist felt so bad that she personally came up and showed us to another room. There was no need to complain as merely explaining the situation was enough. I found this very refreshing as some hotels don't really care.

The rooms were clean and tidy and we had a beautiful view overlooking the pools and sea.

The food was alright, there was always something you could eat. Considering this was an All Inclusive hotel I thought the food was of a good standard. The breakfast was great because they make little crepes while you wait. They also cook fried eggs for you which makes a nice change from scrambled.
Once a week you can eat at the Aegean Taverna which is the All Inclusive a la carte restaurant. This was lovely because it got you away from all the people. It is full waiter service which was great.

The barmen were great, especially Nikos at the pool bar and Andreas at the loby bar. They were alwas ready to have a laugh and never let your glass get dry.

The pools were beautiful but very cold. I think a pool heater is something that the management should look into.

The local town is very small and you need to either get a cab or bus to get anywhere, however that didn't bother us at all. Usually we like to get out and about but the hotel was so lovely we spent lots of days just soaking up the sun by the pool.

The hotel didn't tell us that you can request an early breakfast, say if you are going to Turkey for the day and have to be ready by 7am. They also didn't tell us that you are entitled to a ticket each day which gets you certain watersports.

Entertainment - well it didn't really affect us as we don't have kids but this really is geared towards the Germans. Their kids club went on most of the day where as the English kids club only lasted a few hours per group, not because the staff weren't working hard enough but because there was only 2 of them where there must have been at least 5 or 6 German reps.

This hotel was mainly occupied by Germans, they were friendly enough but it was really annoying when everything was done in German. The 2nd week was better as it was half term in Scotland and therefore more brits so they made more of an effort for us.

All in all though the hotel was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone.

Comments