Margarita Hotel

Laganas, Laganas, 29092, Greece

More about Margarita Hotel

A Very Enjoyable Stay

We had a really lovely time at the Hotel Margarita hotel. Its mainly more for couples and familiies rather than groups, which suited us. The hotel was nice and clean, the food and drink excellent (lots of known brands such as Lowenbrau and Martini), and the entertainment was amusing. You could do as little or as much as you liked. Would definatey recommended staying here, we will definately be going back.

The Truth

by TripAdvisor Member golden21

I travelled to the margarita hotel in Zante with my 5 best friends, all in our twenties with three professionals, a pilot and a few students currently in their final year of their studies, not exactly the usual larger louts. We had all gone to Zante the previous year and were interested in seeing the changes in culture following last years "bad press".

We had booked the holiday through first choice, who had assured us they had booked many groups into the margarita. When we first arrived at the hotel we were assisted by an elderly Greek woman at reception, considering that this hotel was rated 3* plus by first choice I was highly offended when the small Greek lady barley acknowledged us and instead of greeting us in the manor to which you would expect if your were a paying customer - such as "did you have a good flight" & "welcome to the margarita hotel" We were rather rudely spoken to, which I feel was founded by prejudice against us for being a young group, due to the problems they were having with "younger groups"

She told me that this was a family hotel and she didn’t like trouble, which is just as well as neither did we. Had we had been a family of 6 I am sure we would have been greeted in the appropriate manor, I found this disrespectful as I have travelled extensively and never been so abruptly greeted, our money is of the same value as the families and who the hell was she to judge us??? Yes sure we like to have a drink but the temptation to play up at night was overruled by our respect for those with young children sleeping and we obviously didn’t cause any scenes as we received no complaints.

The separation of the groups vs. families is evident everywhere you go, at the bar if I was waiting to be served and a family came up they would be served first, and in the evening if a younger customer wanted a drink then it would be one drink per person oh but if a family came up then they would of course be allowed more. In the brochure the all inclusive bar shuts at 12 midnight. Oh but it never did more like 11.45 you’d be happily sitting there thinking you’d get one more in a minute and whack down goes the shutters and bar closed without warning.

I did mention this to the rep Ryan who admitted that it appeared that families and young groups alike had been miss-sold by first choice, this was the one sensible conversation you could have with him if you weren’t interested in buying the overpriced tours then all he was interested in was lame fully chatting up the girls by the pool and this honestly was far more entertaining that those two idiots who do the bingo and karaoke every night!

As with the food at the hotel this got extremely tedious after a week, however the rooms were of reasonably good standard considering it was Greece and were cleaned everyday.

The grounds and pool are kept nice and are the better points of the hotel. However the Hotel is so concerned with trying to save itself a few euros it is quite frankly petty, you have to pay 50 Euros for A/C yet when you leave the room is doesn’t even work as the key needs to be inserted into the slot.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel or first choice package holidays.

paradise

We were at theHotel Margarita from May 9th until the 23rd 2006. It was our second visit and was an improvement on last year due mainly to a great entertainment team, Jason and Manuel. The hotel is absolutely stuning to say the least and ideally situated, close enough to walk to all the bars and night clubs if thats what you are looking for, but far enough away if you want to avoid them. The staff are mainly familly and complemented by a great team who will go the extra mile to make your visit as good as possible. We spent our wedding aniversary there and were greeted with roses and champagne. There are plenty of daily activities to occupy the familly or you can organise your own using the teams equipment. Children are also well catere for. A lot of the people we met were regular visitors to the hotel and I fully appreciate why. To sum up our stay was superb in all aspects

fantastic friendly hotel, first class!

do not normally holiday on package deals, so was quite worried about this trip. I should not have been! The hotel was over and above our expectations, great location, friendly staff, lovely pools (could always get a sunbed any time of the day!). The entertainment staff Manuel and Jason worked hard during the day and evening and we had a fun holiday with lots of laughs! At meal times we had to share our table, but this was great too as met four lovely people who we hope to see again! Overall a fantastic holiday!

Great Holiday

We have just got back from Zante - fabulous holiday - the hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and keen to be of assistance.
We took package holiday with First Choice - and it was as expected.
Nice bunch of people on holiday with us made a difference. Some lager louts arrived on the second to last day and tried to spoil it for everyone, but were dealt with swiftly by the rep and hotel management so all in all very good
High quality refurbishments of most areas also excellent
Entertainment is of a hi-di-hi type but what do you really expect?
Laganas is too loud and tacky for my liking but the hotel is well away from it all, and great location for touring the island from.

Fantastic Holiday!!

My and my friend stayed at this hotel the first week in May, it was quite quiet for the 1st week, but I must say that we still had plenty of fun!!!!

The staff at the hotel are fantastic and really make you feel welcome,the food was very varied and there was something for everyone.

Special thanks to Ryan the rep for making sure we had a great holiday!!

Laganas was only a 5 - 10 minute walk away so ideal, as its quiet during the day to sleep off the hangover.

This hotel attracts a mixture of young people, families and couples and everybody always seems to get on together,Jason and Manuel make them!!

We even got into the games of Bingo some nights we even funded a night out with our winnings!!

We made some great friends, which we will be seeing again in November for The Big Reunion!!

I enjoyed it so much I will be booking over the next few weeks to go back in September!!!

I would not hesitate to reccommend it to anybody!

Good times

by TripAdvisor Member max042007

My husband, myself and our 16 year old son stayed at tha Margarita for 1 week . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, room could have been larger considering we are 3 adults. Food really good, service of restuarant staff excellent.Entertainers Jason and Manuel superb, very friendly and nice guys.We will be back.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member tree9_99

Fantastic hotel, I visited with my partner and we stayed for 7 nights. Because we booked late we ended up with a family room which was huge. We found the experience fantastic the staff were great, the food lovely and the location excellent. In fact we've booked our holiday for 2006 at this hotel this time for 2 weeks!

hotel fab- loads of 18-30's and a very very poor rep

by TripAdvisor Member crazycouple

Stayed at this hotel in July this year. (2 of us went - me and my partner) We were sold the holiday as a quiet hotel for families and couples although when we were there - it was full of 18-30's lads and girls. We have had to make a complaint to First choice and so have the other 3 couple that were there for the two weeks. The hotel was trashed by these groups which spoilt the holiday. So it is not a family hotel - although the hotel advised this is the fiirst time it has been like this. The hotel itself was very nice, and the staff were fantastic, we can not fault the hotel once. the food is absolutly fantastic!!! i would not believe a word that first choice say though!!!!!! Jason and Manuel the entertainers were fab - best part of the holiday. All round good hotel shame about the rowdy groups, oh and the poor qualified rep - who moaned at kids splashing water on them but it was ok for the rep to rub tanning oil into the groups of girls - get your priorities right ryan!!!!

not worth all -inclusive price

by TripAdvisor Member bikerblob

stayed for 1 week July 2006, 2 adults ,2 kids aged 12 & 17.
Bad points: Drinks rubbish, beer tasteless, it was on draught .s o they must have watered it down to stop people getting drunk, in fact it tasted alcohol-free.
Food mediocre, especially pool snacks which were of very poor quality.
Had to pay 50 euros per week for air con..we had a suite with only 1 air con machine, so 1 bedroom stayed hot!!
NOT A FAMILY HOTEL; THEY LET GANGS OF TEENS STAY .Hotel is too near resort of Laganas. We saw a gang of 17-18 year old girlds who screeched all day aroudn the adult pool (which was meant to be quieter)
Air con in dining/reception areas turned off at 9pm every night to save money? temp 43c .....aghhhhhhhh
Good points: rooms clean, staff nice.

Comments