Planos, Tsilivi, 29100, Greece

Costs 205% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Tsilivi Beach Hotel

Brilliant Tsilivi Beach Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JOHNOINK

Absolutely brilliant! I only had very minor complaints - the cooking facilities in the room were poor and in need of refurbishment - there were loud Russian people talking loudly a lot by the pool. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and genuinely pleased to see you. Excellent choice of restaurants in the town - all with very good food, although do avoid the chinese/indian restaurants, only because they are over-priced. The bars were all lively with excellent staff. I saw someone complain that they were like Blackpool - not true at all. If you want quieter bars then there are plenty of these as well. I would recommend this hotel and resort to anyone from 20-something to 60, couples or families. I will go back again and that's the first time I've ever said that about a holiday hotel.

fantastic holiday

by TripAdvisor Member timeteam

just arrived back from tsilivi what a brilliant holiday how can anybody complain about a place like this so many places to eat out food brilliant people so friendly beach superb stayed at tsilivi beach hotel very good staff and service 1st class only downer was the airport coming back queing for three hours reccomend the med grill the mixed grill was superb for 7euros

Don't even think about it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gelini

Dear all,

i stayed at "Tsilivi Beach Hotel" during my summer vacations in Aug2006. I loved Zakynthos Island!!! But staying at this hotel was a great disappoinment! Dirty towels in the room, the stuff very rude! we made many complains and they said they were sorry about the worst servise ever but nothing changed! they even tried to charge us more money when we were checking out but we told them that we would call the local tax servise and they apologized again! anyway the whole package "hotel-servise-stuff" was aweful.

I hope that if you choose this hotel, to have a much better time than i had!

Kisses,
angie

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member spacesquirrel

Have just returned from a two weeks stay at Tsilivi Beach Hotel. I cannot fault the location of the hotel or Tsilivi itself. For the time of year we had good weather aswell, only one half day of rain and one half day of cloud but it remained warm throughout, temperature dropped a bit at night so I suggest taking a cardi!
We stayed bed and breakfast. The breakfast is what you expect for a continental one, with scrambled eggs, bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt & cereal etc so for you all looking for a full english be prepared to walk into town. We did several times and had a great breakfasts for only a few euros. The accomodation was fine and was cleaned everyday bar sunday. The only negative about the hotel was that we had several power cuts during our stay, one which lasted 13 hrs and the hotels emergency lighting only stayed on for 30 minutes which was quite dangerous we thought. Also some members of our party were in the lift at the time and had to jump several feet from the lift to get out!
The swimming pool was nice and if you dont fancy the pool the sea is literally a few feet away.
Nightlife was good even at this late end of the season. Exceptional meals can be found at Nemesis and Benikos at very reasonable prices.
Overall we had a great holiday at the Tsilivi Beach Hotel.

Lovely hotel - awful room

by TripAdvisor Member louchie

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Tsilivi Beach hotel, we opted to stay bed and breakfast (as it was £10 cheaper per person rather than self catering - figure the logic?????)
First of all the positives ...... we loved the fact it was only a 15 minute transfer from the airport so no sitting on a roasting coach for hours. The hotel itself was really nice, the pool area was fabulous with plenty of sun loungers and parasols. The rooms were nice and clean.
Tsilivi itself was really nice, really laid back (we only experienced one pushy 'welcomer' at a restuarant - trying to get you in). Our favourite places to eat were definately Nemesis (we went on about 6 occasions and both ordered something different and it was gorgeous every time). Our other favourite place was Giorgio's (their pizzas are fantastic). We also ate at Popeyes, Zeus, Med Grill and summertime - these were ok but nowhere near as nice as the other 2!
Breakfast was ok for free, what you'd expect from continental, we ate out a few times (mainly at Dimitri's bar in the apollon hotel over the road - he was brilliant).
Now onto the negtives ...... our room was awful we were put in room 202 (avoid 201, 202 and 203 at all costs) our balcony was appauling! Our room was to the side, and faced the owners flats so while all the other rooms had lovely views of the beach, pool, grounds. We faced the owners fence and washing on line!!!!!! I wouldn't say i ruined our holiday but it was VERY disappointing. The receptionst who checked us in wasn't overly helpful when we asked to be moved she was quite short and not very apologetic - we could check each day and if a room was available we would be moved. However we were not moved. Despite in our 2nd week the hotel being half empty as it was the end of the season!!!
All in all we loved the hotel and would definately stay again (although we might opt for self catering as b&b didn't even have a kettle), but would refuse to go into 201, 202 or 203. As we aren't really the type to sit on th balcony but it was disappointing!

location is fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member AlanHP

Stayed here in the summer, the temperature was in the 35-40 degrees, so quite hot.
So the bad points, delay 5hrs there, 1.5hrs back with Thomas Cooke, so not good. The people at the hotel can seem to be a little abrupt and uncaring at first, but there's a perma frost to break and once you've done that they are great. Block A is not so good - it over looks road or front on to restaurant, but blocks B, C, and D are all either pool facing or sea facing, so in my view better. I think high floors are better than low floors. Another bad one is 50 euros for 2 weeks safe deposit, very steep, most other hotels are only 30 euros, so why the extra? No idea.
Also the hotel is mainly going all inclusive next year which is a shame because there are so many good places to see and eat out at in Tsilivi, so why anyone would want to be tied to this one hotel is beyond me.
On to the good points - the pool must be one of the best in Tsilivi, in fact it has 2. Beds are changed daily, and you don't see the maids, they just come and go at reasonable times - I know another hotel close by where beds are changed at 7.30am - what a ridiculous time. Breakfast at Tsilivi beach is 8-10, fairly basic but ok , and beds are done after that. Warm shower every night. Hotel is located direct onto the sandy beach which is great because you can then choose beach or pool. So location is absolutely fantastic. Greek night was good, worth the money and better than expected.
If you want to do something really nice, go to Keri, and get a boat for a few hours - self drive, and go out to Marithonissi island. Fantastic.
All in all, 2 weeks great holiday, but we are gutted that it is only all inclusive with TS next year.

Absolute Rubbish

by TripAdvisor Member 2006paul2006

This place is very bad. Tsilivi is a rancid place full of blackpool esque bars and equally as bad restaurants.

Food tasted the same wherever we ate and the beach is truly shocking. You cant move due to the fact people are literally lying on each other and this was in September. The resort resembled a chavs paradise and hardly witnessed anyone with a smile on their face.

The hotel was clean but the staff awful. We were supposed to have a beach/pool view but had a view of a car park/roof. Staff were generally put out everytime you asked them something and this simply wasnt good enough. The rep, med Hotels was equally as bad.

We booked the hotel on the basis of the reports on this website so were confident in the choice of hotel as generally people are spot on when leaving reviews.

The saving grace was Dimitri who runs a bar at the hotel opposite, Apollon I believe. Had it not been for him, i would have got a flight back on day 2 if I could !

Seriously there are many other wonderful Greek islands/resorts to visit so I would hesitate if you are not yet commited.

The greek people are wonderful and how they remain joyus in a place like Tsilivi is beyond me !

Awful!!

by TripAdvisor Member elismum

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon after reading some good reviews about it but it was a complete let down! The room was small & dirty & the self-catering facilities virtually non-existant (2 small dirty cooking rings, 1 pan and limited cooking utensils)! As a honeymoon couple we were promised wine, cake and fruit in our room which we never received even after asking the reception staff for this on several occasions. Their is a supermarket inside the hotel and they insist you shop here and nowhere else. It is very over priced and stock is very limited. The pool area was dirty and glasses were not cleared away, which we consider to be quite dangerous with children running around. Worst of all, we had our jewellery stolen from our room. We reported this to hotel management who just laughed at us and said 'this is very funny, it is a very funny joke'. After being married only a week I dont find having our wedding rings stolen very funny at all. We went on to report the incident to the police after which all but one ring got put back. There was no sign of forced entry so it was obviously someone with access to room keys who had taken it and put it back again!!! We heard several other people also had things taken from their rooms during their stay and the hotel staff were not very helpful to these people either. I would not stay in this this hotel again and would not recomend anyone else do so either.

The resort is lovely, would definitely return but to another hotel.

worth a try

by TripAdvisor Member db150161

Stayed here for a week from 6th May. Nothing really to moan about - we stayed in the self catering studios, spacious rooms, nicely furnished, clean and modern. The only negative comment would be that the self catering facilities were practically non-existant which was fine for us as we had no intention of doing anything more strenuous than making a cup of tea, but if you went with the idea of actually cooking your own meals then you would be disappointed I feel. There is a restaurant on site (the boathouse) overlooking the beach which was very competitively priced for drinks and food. There is also an abundance of good restaurants within a ten minute walk of the hotel. As we were there so early in the season it was reasonably quiet everywhere but I can imagine as the season gets underway the resort could get very busy which may not suit everyone but it didnt seem too commercialised. There was a Macdonalds but thankfully it didnt open for the duration of our stay and it does look out of place there. There were a couple of bars obviously aimed at the younger, trendy set but equally there were bars that were not. Overall I would say the resort is aimed more at families than singles and there were a lot of older people there when we were there though this could have been down to the fact that it was low season, therefore cheaper and not so hot. The weather was superb for our stay - having checked the long range forecast before we went we were expecting cloud and rain. It was slightly cloudy the first day or so then glorious sunshine for the rest of the week. There are 2 pools at the hotel with plenty of sunbeds and the reception area was very modern with leather sofas and a small bar area. The receptionists all spoke English albeit some better than others. So overall no complaints from me but bear in mind the lack of catering facilities if thats what you are after, Otherwise go and enjoy - It is very reasonble to eat & drink at all of the restaurants - local wine is a real bargain sold by the carafe at around £2.00 - £3.00 for half a litre and most restaurants had extensive menus to choose from. We thoroughly enjoyed our week here.

Okay, but beware the hidden costs

by TripAdvisor Member Shepy1

Just got back on June 18th 2007. The biggest plus point for me was the rooms were cleaned every day.
However would I go back? No
I know most hotels charge for safe deposit etc. but tally this up.
50 euros for safe for two weeks.
40 euros if you want to keep your room on at the end of the stay.
They don't often let you stay in the same room either, until we told them we were staying the Apollo Hotel across the road for 20 euros for our last night. I was not trying to save money it was the principal of the over charging the annoyed me.
Didn't ask about the air conditioning but I presume it was another cost.
Also the safe in our room had been forced open, I reported it the first day and nothing was done by the by the time we left.
I would say the staff are friendly but the maintenance is slow if it exists. We weren't the only ones to complain.
Overall I would say it is probably a decent family hotel but watch for the hidden extras.

Comments