Porto Rio

Tags

Spa and Resort Business Travel Casino and Gambling
See Amenities

Not safe

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2011

I don't recommend this place to any one. The worst place to stay ever....Stayed there with my family in July 2011 for a week and got robbed in our own room and lost all our valuables.To our surprise, we found out that within that week of our stay a few more rooms were broken in.. The worst of all was that the management's response was way too unprofessional on handling the situation. They even charged our credit card without authorization for calls they offered us after the robbery in order to cancel our stolen credit cards and bank cards. Shame on them :( Under this management with no security; exposing
ourselves not only to material losses but also jeopardizing our own safety - when the thief was still in the room when we were trying to enter, I don't recommend this dangerous establishment to anybody.

janetanne's Profile Photo

Best Hotel out of Patra!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2006

When ever I went to Patra for business, I always stayed at Porto Rio Hotel. I love staying here because it is on the beach, out of the noise and traffic of Patra, but close enough to get to town in 10 minutes,and very friendly and helpful staff. The last time I stayed in Porto Rio was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure how things are now. If you want to relax for a night before continuing across the new Rio/Andirio Bridge to 'Steria Ellada,' this is a very nice place to stay.

Unique Quality: This hotel has nice quiet rooms, a friendly bar, great breakfast, a lovely swimming pool and large rooms available for exhibitions. If you want a certain view, you must ask. If you don't like the first room that they give you, you can go back to reception and ask for a different room. Some people have complained about the views from this hotel, but I have found generally in Greece, that if you don't ask for something better, they generally don't give you the best. Sometimes there is a difference in the price of rooms depending on the views! What can I say! I have never had such problems myself, since I generally am looking for a quiet room to sleep in and that is all!!!

Directions: In small village before you reach Patras when coming from Athens, called Rion.

tak_pap's Profile Photo

'PORTO RIO HOTEL CASINO'

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2002

Unique Quality: The complex is to be found on the beautiful beach at Rio, in a lush green 9 acre 35.000M setting, opposite a Venetian castle.
All 235 rooms are with private bathroom or terrace.
Spacious 13 luxurious Suites are available and 48 BUNGALOWS, all are equipped with air-condition,mini bar direct dial telephone,colour TV.

Directions: is located on a natural smooth private beach about 8 km from the city of PATRA.The Hotel and CASINO is open all year round.
(Ñßï - Rio, tel: 992102, 992212)

Nearby Porto Rio

Amenities at Porto Rio

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking

Patras Travel Forum

Need advice about Patras, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Patras and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Patras hotel reviews

Skoufaki
Charilaos Trikoupis bridge
Ferry Rio-Antirio
Transportation
"The Municipal Gallery of Patras"
Train v Bus
INTEAL cinema
student pub
theatre and gigs
monastery Obliu
Roman amphitheatre and Roman Nyfmea
Achaia Clauss winery
Off The Beaten Path
Other churches in the center
Vor.Ipirou square
Around Agios Andreas cathedral
Agios Andreas cathedral
how to move around
Transportation
"LOUX Refreshments: a Local Legend"!
Local Customs