Porto Rio

Porto Rio Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Not safe

I don't recommend this place to any one. The worst place to stay ever....Stayed there with my family in July 2011 for a week and got robbed in our own room and lost all our valuables.To our surprise, we found out that within that week of our stay a few more rooms were broken in.. The worst of all was that the management's response was way too unprofessional on handling the situation. They even charged our credit card without authorization for calls they offered us after the robbery in order to cancel our stolen credit cards and bank cards. Shame on them :( Under this management with no security; exposing
    ourselves not only to material losses but also jeopardizing our own safety - when the thief was still in the room when we were trying to enter, I don't recommend this dangerous establishment to anybody.

• janetanne's Profile Photo

Best Hotel out of Patra!

When ever I went to Patra for business, I always stayed at Porto Rio Hotel. I love staying here because it is on the beach, out of the noise and traffic of Patra, but close enough to get to town in 10 minutes,and very friendly and helpful staff. The last time I stayed in Porto Rio was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure how things are now. If you want to relax for a night before continuing across the new Rio/Andirio Bridge to 'Steria Ellada,' this is a very nice place to stay.

Unique Quality: This hotel has nice quiet rooms, a friendly bar, great breakfast, a lovely swimming pool and large rooms available for exhibitions. If you want a certain view, you must ask. If you don't like the first room that they give you, you can go back to reception and ask for a different room. Some people have complained about the views from this hotel, but I have found generally in Greece, that if you don't ask for something better, they generally don't give you the best. Sometimes there is a difference in the price of rooms depending on the views! What can I say! I have never had such problems myself, since I generally am looking for a quiet room to sleep in and that is all!!!

Directions: In small village before you reach Patras when coming from Athens, called Rion.

• tak_pap's Profile Photo

'PORTO RIO HOTEL CASINO'

Unique Quality: The complex is to be found on the beautiful beach at Rio, in a lush green 9 acre 35.000M setting, opposite a Venetian castle.
    All 235 rooms are with private bathroom or terrace.
    Spacious 13 luxurious Suites are available and 48 BUNGALOWS, all are equipped with air-condition,mini bar direct dial telephone,colour TV.

Directions: is located on a natural smooth private beach about 8 km from the city of PATRA.The Hotel and CASINO is open all year round.
    (Ñßï - Rio, tel: 992102, 992212)

More about Porto Rio

Lodgings in Patras

by dostynen

We're a family of four arriving by ferry in Patras (20 july 2003). Anyone have suggestions about reasonably priced hotel accomodation there? We're staying for just one night and will be traveling on the next day. I find it very hard to find good information on the internet about staying in Patras (only listings with hotel names, no e-mail addresses, rates or websites).
Thanks!!!

by brotherleelove

Try the Lonely Planet Guide for Greece.

by brotherleelove

Here's a website that has a good offer for rooms in Patras that will work for a family of 4:

by tak_pap

Try these hotels:

a) "DELFINI" ,102 Iroon Polytexniou street, phone: +30 2610 421001 -----

b) "KOUKOS" ,1 Theotokopoulou street, phone: +30 2610 322082 or +30 61 324520,
fax phone: +30 61 322986

c) "OLYMPIC",46 St.Nikolaou street, phone: +30 2610 224103, or +30 61 224125,fax phone: +30 61 225037 --

d) "MEDITERRANE",18 St.Nikolaou street, phone: +30 2610 279602, or +30 61 279624, fax phone: +30 61 223327 (that's my suggestion)

e) "MARIE" ,8 Gounari street, phone: +30 2610 331302

f) "GALAXY",9 St.Nikolaou street, phone: +30 2610 275981 or +30 61 275982 (very nice hotel, next to the port)

g) "METROPOLIS" ,Trion Simmaxon Square

h) "ASTIR HOTEL": 16, Agiou Andreou Str.
Tel: +30 2610 277502, 276311
Fax: +30 2610 271644
Email: astir-hotel@typorama.gr
Web: www.astir-hotel.gr

i) "PORTO RIO HOTEL CASINO"
Rio Patras, tel: 00302610-992102, or 992212)

g) "GRECOTEL LAKOPETRA BEACH" (at Lakopetra, with excellent beach)00302693-51713,

k) "ACHAIA BEACH" at Bozaitika 261-991801.

Have a nice time, here in Patras.
These days will be the International Patras Festival. You may find some interesting concerts etc.

Takis

by Slovenka

I know it is a bit late but for everybody reading this later, maybe it will help. I found a page that could help finding a hotel in Patras and archaia region:

Comments