Hotel Nektarios

Aegina - Views above Aghia MarinaAegina - Views above Aghia Marina

Travel Tips for Aegina Island

The temple of Aphaia

by Aggeliki

In the 5th century the original inhabitants of the island built the temple of Aphaia in the traditional Doric style. It is one of the best preserved, free standing Doric temples. It is especially surprising since this temple is 200 years older than the Parthenon in Athens.

Views above Aghia Marina

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

The Temple of Aphaia stands on the top of a pine-clad hill above Aghia Marina from where you have a marvelous view to the mainland.
Built on top of a wooded hill, it offers the most magnificent view over the island, the Saronic Gulf.

The Marina

by wilocrek

Its impossible to miss or avoid the Marina as it is the docking point for any ferry coming to Aegina so you might as well get used to the idea. However its an easy idea to get used to as the Marina is a hub of activity and stunningly picturesque. The Marina is full of tantalizing cafes and vendors selling fresh, delicious pistachios. The Marina is also the starting point for all the days activities, from the Marina you can rent a scooter, catch buses to take you around the island, and its only a half kilometer walk to the Greek ruins that run along the shore. So be sure to have your camera handy and your appetite ready as there will be plenty to see and plenty to eat.

Aegina - the Pearl of the Argosaronic Gulf

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

You may watch my 15 high resolution photos in the SLIDE-Show Aegina Island from my WebShot page.

You may watch my 4 min 07 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Aegina Island and Pireas by night from my YouTube channel or Greece Aegina Island from my VT-Tube.

7 min 53 sec VIDEO-Clip Traditional Greek Folk Show at Giorgis (Part I) from my YouTube channel or Greece Cruise over Poros, Hydra and Aegina Islands (Part I) from my VT-Tube.

9 min 34 sec VIDEO-Clip Traditional Greek Folk Show at Giorgis (Part II) from my YouTube channel or Greece Cruise over Poros, Hydra and Aegina Islands (Part II) from my VT-Tube.

6 min 49 sec VIDEO-Clip Traditional Greek Folk Show at Giorgis (Part III) from my YouTube channel

55 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Aegina St Nectarios Temple from my YouTube channel or Greece Aegina St Nektarios Temple from my VT-Tube.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,
18) Athens.

Aigina and Moni

by Irine_29

"On the way to Moni"

Aigina is the closest to Athens island of the Argosaronic gulf.

During the sumeritime, I visit it very often, on Sundays mainly. I go to Moni. A tiny island, 10 minutes sailing from Aigina.
Getting there, is a whole adventure:
First, I have to go to the port. Then, take the ferry to Aigina. From Aigina the bus to Perdiaka village and from there, a small fishing boat which takes me to the beach!
At the end of the day, I do the same backwards !

The photo above, shows me next to the captain of the small fishing boat:-)

Comments