Aegina Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• maspr profile photo maspr
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marianna Studios: A friendly place for quiet and relaxing vacation

A clean and affordable hotel. It's located in a quiet spot in Agia Marina.
Very friendly people, kept bringing us treats and local delicacies for the kids :)
They have fully equipped kitchens so we were able to cook our own meals. And the rates were very friendly indeed ;)

Very clean and cheap. Nice garden, quiet and relaxing.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Travel with Pets
  • Written March 17, 2009

Marianna Studios

• Kisu profile photo Kisu
  • Reviews: 111

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Eri studios and apartments: sweet accommodation

really cozy, great location in agia marina!! sweet old couple keeping this accommodation. they are really kind. Ms Erin will brought us cakes etc. to our room. Great views from up the hill.

Own balcony with seaview!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written July 30, 2007

view from Eri apartments balcony

• berlinboy profile photo berlinboy
  • Reviews: 5

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Erato backpackers agia Marino: Had a weird and troubled karma, not to return

definately the weirdest place we have stayed at ,an old and very shallow canadian who was never seen without a beer "ran" the place according to whatever stage of drunken stupour he was in.Nothing was up to scratch and the whole place had seen better days.The tourist police came around frequently and i do not know if it was him or the low standards but we felt uncomfortable and unsafe.HIs manner with females around the pool was frightening.
The entire resort was pretty much closed down and we heard that since the airport in athens had relocated it was too difficult to organise trips there so no tour operators came to the island now.
As a backpackers it probably was a lot more expensive than an average hotel, but the services were diabollically shoddy. And at 3 times the price of the international hostel in Athens how could we feel anything but ripped off?

Nearest thing i have been to that resembles a ghost town.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written March 2, 2007

• SWFC_Fan profile photo SWFC_Fan
  • Reviews: 1387

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Togias: Basic hotel in Aegina Town

I arrived in Aegina in October 2005 with nowhere to stay. Approaching the island on the hydrofoil from Piraeus, I scanned the skyline of the town for visible hotel signs - and the Togias sign was the most prominent one. So it was to the Togias Hotel that I dragged my bag.

Arriving at the hotel, an elderly lady was sat outside the tiny reception room in the afternoon sun. I enquired about the price of a room and was quoted 30 Euros per night (without breakfast). This seemed relatively steep after being used to paying between 15 and 25 Euros in the Cyclades islands, but I was too tired to drag my bag any further so I opted to have a look at one of the rooms.

The room that I was shown was dusty (but relatively clean) and the furniture was dated and worn (the curtain rail was hanging off the wall). Hardly a bargain, but I only really wanted a room to sleep in and this one just about met my needs, so I took it. The room was air-conditioned and had satellite TV, but lacked a fridge. The room also had a private bathroom. Rooms at the front of the hotel have balconies. My room had just a small window.

It seems that there is a communal fridge in the hallway but there doesn't seem to be any system for ensuring that your goods are not taken by somebody else.

Breakfast can be purchased from the restaurant that is attached to the front of the hotel. I never bothered to use this restaurant so I cannot comment on the quality or the prices.

My 2 night stay at the Togias Hotel was part of a month long island-hopping trip. I can't comment on how this hotel ranks alongside other hotels in Aegina Town, but it was the worst value hotel that I stayed in during the month. In the Cyclades islands, I stayed in far superior rooms (sometimes with breakfast included) for lower prices. If you want anything more than just a room to sleep in, then don't go to the Togias. If, like me, all you need is a place to wash and to rest your head then the Togias is ok - but there may be cheaper/better options in the town.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written November 14, 2005

Hotel Togias, Aegina Town

• railadan profile photo railadan
  • Reviews: 12

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Plaza: Our worst hotel experience ever

Pros:
+ Good airco in room
+ Refrigerator in room
+ Friendly personel

Cons:
- Very dirty bathroom
- Sheets and towels with holes and dirty stains
- During the 7 days of our stay, the room was not cleaned on two days, despite the sign on the door that rooms are serviced every day. Bathroom was never cleaned, although the dustbin was emptied, and already dirty when we arrived. We had to ask for fresh towels at the reception on the days the room was not cleaned.
- One evening when we were sleeping at about 11pm, they started construction work in the room below us. Only after we complained they stopped.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 14, 2004