Herefondos 6, at Thalou, Athens, Attica, 10558, Greece

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• bebegringa26's Profile Photo

Choose somewhere else!

I choose this hotel for the location. It is situated perfectly in the Plaka neighborhood of Athens. It is located one block from all the souvenir shops and restaurants. Perfect location!

I missed my flight and had to cancel my first night say. I was lucky they did not charge me for my cancellation. A fellow Vt'r called to cancel my first night stay and reserve me a night the following night. Before going to the hotel, we called to say we were on our way. The person at the Adam's that answered the phone said they gave my room up to somebody else and that I did not have a reservation. They were very rude, did not care about me, and hung up the phone. Now, I was stuck in Athens, my first night, it was late. I was lucky to be able to stay at a Vt'er's house. What would I have done without her!

I still had four nights confirmed at the Adam's. When we arrived at the Adam's we were greeted not very welcoming.

The room was small and old fashioned. The hotel hasn't had any work done to it in years. The breakfast was simple, toast, juice, coffee, and cheese.

The hotel didn’t offer any information on tours nor maps of the area.

No, I would not recommend this hotel. Go a half a block down and stay the Hotel Phaedra for the same price: http://www.hotelphaedra.com/

Unique Quality: It is located at the heart of Plaka, the traditional quarters of the city, and 800 meters from the Acropolis Hill and its splendid monuments. It is also very close to an abundance of tavernas, bars and cafes that are scattered in the Plaka, Psiri, and Thisseion areas

• Heniko's Profile Photo

Adams Hotel

Though not for everybody, the family-run Adams hotel is about as close as you will get to pension in Athens. I think before the Olympics, when I stayed there... this hotel was either you liked it or you didnt. Since then, many friends had stayed there with my recommendation and they reported back that rooms had been rennovated.I think the owners took the money they made from the Olympics and completely rennovated the Adams and now all have the more modern amentities. A friend who recently visited there, had showed me some pics the top floor which have terraces large enough so that you could throw a party. Breathetaking views...But this I dont know, so cant comment on.
    But the best thing about the Adams I think is its location on a quiet street in the Plaka just one block from Kydatheneon Street. If you are looking for fancy luxury you won't find it here. But if you want an economical room that is conveniently located this is the place.

Unique Quality: I myself, dont ever look for luxury when I travel, I rather see the country as the natives do, try for a second to live as they do. And I am pretty sure, the Adams hotels is close as can be this...being a great C rate hotel. Ideal I think in fact for Athens.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Disappointing accommodations

The Adams Hotel is fairly conveniently located at the southeast end of the Plaka. A more convenient location would be closer to Monastiraki. Still, this location was just fine and was a medium-distance walk to the bus stop for the airport.

My complaints about the Adams hotel are that, for the price, we found it to be rather old and run down and the free "breakfast" was nothing more than a small basket of bread and a tiny glass of artificially flavored fruit drink (tasted like oversweetened Tang). I'm sure there are better places to stay in Athens than the Adams Hotel, but if you can't find anywhere else to stay it will do.

Unique Quality: No pool, no view, very basic facilities. Looks like it might have been an apartment building at one time, but it's hard to say.

Directions: It's hard to describe. Your best bet is to get a good map of the area and look for the intersection of Hefefontos & Thalou Streets

Comments